AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   (L) Strike The Blood (ストライク・ザ・ブラッド) [Light Novel] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=121387)

DevotionFX 2013-08-14 12:01

Strike The Blood (ストライク・ザ・ブラッド) [Light Novel]

Today, I'd check the update news at yaraon like usual and found the anime news about this series.
As I recognize it I has came to animesuki and just surprised that no one has started this series's tread yet. So, I think I should start it myself. :uhoh:

http://img.luckysubs.com/2013/0815/0...1cf476ef5e.jpg

Writer : Gakuto Mikumo ( 三雲岳斗 ) ; Previous Works - Dantalian no Shoka and Asura Cryin'
Illust. : Manyako ( マニャ子 )

Synopsis (Credit to Kuroihikari - BakaTsuki)
Quote:

"The fourth primogenitor"—That's the world's strongest vampire that should only exist in legends. Accompanied even by twelve Kenjuu and spreading calamity, this phantom vampire appeared in Japan. For the observation and obliteration of this "fourth primogenitor", the governmental Lion King decided to dispatch an attack mage referred as a "swords shaman". However, for some reason, the one chosen for the observation was an apprentice "swords shaman" girl, Himegari Yukina. Wielding the strongest anti-primogenitor spirit spear, Yukina arrived at Demon Sanctuary, "Itogami City". What was the true identity of the "fourth primogenitor", Akatsuki Kojou, she encountered over there!?
You can found LN's translation @ BT.
For Manga, English scanlation released Ch.9 yesterday. (But Thai scanlation had released Ch.12 in a week that raw released. :heh:)

I mainly read Thai-scanlated manga.(Thanks to Sorekara Who is the scanlator from heaven... :heh:) But I skim though the novel raws too. Want to complaining something : Why are the novel raws so bad quality. And such a poor of me that can't have enough money to get the books by myself, college-student life is so.... orz :T_T:

PS. Sorry if I make the mistakes.....

ZeKeR 2013-09-11 20:08

judging from the illustrations in the LN, he's getting a LOT of girls to the point there's a possible combat princess (a REAL one) at one point.

also, Asagi is not amused.

blackwhite67 2013-09-11 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeKeR (Post 4828251)
judging from the illustrations in the LN, he's getting a LOT of girls to the point there's a possible combat princess (a REAL one) at one point.

also, Asagi is not amused.

Well, yeah. He's got 12 kenju and he's gonna get a girl for each one. It's a complete mystery to me why the same girl is on the cover of every volume.

Miraluka 2013-09-11 21:06

^For the lulz?

bakapervert 2013-09-11 21:22

So there is a lot more girl than just Yukina? From the covers of the LN I thought the girl is decided already.

Miraluka 2013-09-11 22:01

No, its already decided that she may be the first but it doesn't means the author will leave out others, maybe 1 or 2 girls joining in, like happened with Kanade(and later with "Shuri") on Asura Cryin'(anime epic end >>> novels crap reboot end)

sasuke706 2013-09-11 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakapervert (Post 4828333)
So there is a lot more girl than just Yukina? From the covers of the LN I thought the girl is decided already.

Quite a few more despite the covers not even trying to pretend who's going to be around in the end. I really hope it's intentionally misleading just to get away from the first girl trope. My favorite design-wise is actually a spoiler I just found skimming through the novel illustrations.

Spoiler for Volume 8 spoiler, probably don't want to look:

Miraluka 2013-09-11 22:48

Chronollogy wise she was first(was vol.8 her debut volume?, I thought it was before )

ZeKeR 2013-09-11 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasuke706 (Post 4828387)
Quite a few more despite the covers not even trying to pretend who's going to be around in the end. I really hope it's intentionally misleading just to get away from the first girl trope. My favorite design-wise is actually a spoiler I just found skimming through the novel illustrations.

whoa.... Asagi and Yukina will NOT be amused by this, not by one bit.

Spoiler for :

NeutralZero 2013-09-12 06:17

Did they gave an explanation on how he became the forth?
And exactly how many girls did he woo so far?

tsunade666 2013-09-12 09:03

There is no translator for the novel? its only in teaser project.

I haven't touched the manga but I just got interested when I saw the girl which is also shown in index image thread. Together with other heroine in dengeki bunko.

Is there a better summary than the synopsis? what can you tell about the story from those who read the novel or manga.

Chapter 10 of the manga has just been released.

whsie 2013-09-12 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasuke706 (Post 4828387)

You're seeing that because volume 8 is a flashback volume. That was before he became the 4th.

blackwhite67 2013-09-12 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeutralZero (Post 4828687)
Did they gave an explanation on how he became the forth?
And exactly how many girls did he woo so far?

Some sort of wager was implied and Akatsuki won and he became the Fourth as a result. Kinda like Godou from Campione!

Well, there's eight volumes so far so I guess eight?

bludvein 2013-09-12 15:27

Just read the translated parts of the manga and I have to say I am getting massive Campione! vibes from this. Not that it is necessarily a bad thing, as I like Campione, but still.

I hope someone picks up the translation for real.

whsie 2013-09-12 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackwhite67 (Post 4829113)
Some sort of wager was implied and Akatsuki won and he became the Fourth as a result. Kinda like Godou from Campione!

Well, there's eight volumes so far so I guess eight?

Volume 8 explains that through the flashback.

Slight clarification on the rules, 1 girl =/= 1beast or volume. One girl can be used multiple times. Some beasts require two girls.

blackwhite67 2013-09-12 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by whsie (Post 4829192)
Volume 8 explains that through the flashback.

Slight clarification on the rules, 1 girl =/= 1beast or volume. One girl can be used multiple times. Some beasts require two girls.

But the girls besides Yukina never appeared outside their designated volume, right? I'm under the impression that the other girls besides Yukina never appeared again in later volumes.

whsie 2013-09-12 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackwhite67 (Post 4829201)
But the girls besides Yukina never appeared outside their designated volume, right? I'm under the impression that the other girls besides Yukina never appeared again in later volumes.

They show up, but they're not major characters outside their volumes.

blackwhite67 2013-09-12 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by whsie (Post 4829269)
They show up, but they're not major characters outside their volumes.

Thanks. Could you tell me what his kenjuu are besides
Spoiler for kenjuu:

If he's got 12 kenjuu, then I don't see what other elements they can represent considering that there are only five in Japanese myth.

whsie 2013-09-12 18:03

Off the top of my head

Spoiler for spoiler:

tsunade666 2013-09-12 20:00

Its like campione? he usurped power?

Campione is nice but plot wise. Its pretty simple if you ask me. There is no greater evil or problematic organization. Only the heretic gods or other campione can oppose campione which lessen the actual horizon of the story.