AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   (L) Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=8317)

Ketsu-Kun 2003-12-27 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamiko_san
well actually FF7:advent children is not that new,...is not an actual sequell to the game itself...There are rumors that square-enix is possibly(could)(IF)they want to make a sequel to FF7 but they are not sure yet...so its only rumors..tho it could be true i mean they are developing FFXII that takes place in the future(is believed that is going to be somewhat strategy game like FF:tactics)...thats all the Nfo they gave at TGS(tokyo game show)and at E3.....

I'll make this simple.

A) It's not even out yet, so yes it is new.

B) It is a direct sequel to FFVII the game.

C) The rumours of a sequel to FFVII were actually rumours of the movie itself.

D) Go to ff12.com for FFXII info. o_O

hamiko_san 2003-12-27 14:04

10 things more, you never know.

Babak 2003-12-27 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrWho2002
It's a 60 min movie

Seems like you're saying what they said looong ago. You better check the news and stuff about this game if you're going to give any info to people.

Anyways;
This movie looks pretty intresting, I've seen all of the trailers released this far. Though no clear pics of Vincent yet :(

hamiko_san 2003-12-27 14:15

ChibiDusk 2003-12-27 15:07

Freedom the idiot ^^"
Square put in FF characters to raise
popularity of Kingdom hearts

hamiko_san 2003-12-27 15:58

Mephisto03 2003-12-28 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caddberry
If your talking about universes in games all the FFs were different times/universes.. Kingdom Hearts was just a big mess that threw in FF characters.. Cameo roles in a cheesy game IMO is not actually or shouldnt be considered existing as its own universe, as the game itself doesnt focus on FF chars..

Wow at least one person knew of this. Also i'd like to point out that FF X-2 and FF XI AND yes kingdom hearts were and still are and forever will be flaming pieces of dog crap. Thus showing that square has become unneeded in the videogame world anymore since these last three horrific (In the sense of there past work, not sales figures from stupid fanboys who can't tell shit from dirt) crappy crappy games.

hamiko_san 2003-12-28 12:58

nojevo 2003-12-28 13:13

There are so much rumors around the net about ffVII and such, its come to a point that i rather wait for square enix's official statement. Ppl are saying that they were going to do a remake of ffVII and other say that ffVII advent children will come with the game. As for ffXII the game takes place in the same univers of ff tactics. The game contains no strategy in it, but it does look a lot like tactics and vagrant story (team behind these two games is doin ffXII).

Tabiree 2003-12-28 19:02

1. Kingdom Hearts could be considered an "alternate reality", and that the events in Final Fantasy VII Advent Children could just be alternate events that took place curing kingdom hearts, or whatever.

2. For a "Disney" game, it was still damn good and the presence of FF characters was pretty abysmal. You could mix and match different characters from any game series and it'd pretty much be the same thing.

3. "In the sense of there past work, not sales figures from stupid fanboys who can't tell shit from dirt."

Yes, because 8 and X we're gameplay masterpieces and not just pointless drawn out angst soap opera. Oh and Erghiez was a wonderful tribute to fighting games! Quickly though, I'm sure your tastes faulter somewhere. But eh.

4. I would imagine the fact that it's a Japanese (because everything from Japan is trendy now, or didn't you realise?) Role-playing game featuring Disney characters would of sold it a lot better in either country. See, the thing was with Kingdom hearts was that it COULD be difficult for most of the game, or it could just be drop-dead easy. You decide :)

*aznplayboi* 2003-12-29 18:44

f*ck kingom hearts...srry, kingom hearts is making all this shit confusing...AND I DINDT SEE TIFA

xfordained 2003-12-30 00:59

omfg how could all ff exist in the same place makes no sense if this was true what happen to all that flow of matrial underneath the ground and matrial poisoning or whatever it was called in ff7
every ff is diffrent only things they have in common is the commands you can do like summon and magic lol except for ffx-2

Sh1ka9on 2003-12-30 14:12

--------------Not about KH...

guys, guys...
I really doubt they would make another FF7 Game Comeback after they announce a DVD of the original, If they do, obviously they are desperate or something, which i doubt. Also I don't think you would've thought of this if FFX-2 didn't come out. So then if there "WAS" a game, let me see, FF7, FF7-AC, then FF7-2??
Also i think that if they were gonna make one, they would kinda of do it when FF7 was still majorly distributing in stores. Kind of like FFX and FFX-2.

What i think is a GOOD idea, is FF7-Special Edition Which has like the FF7 game, a DVD of the world of FF7, explain the characters a little more, like "Vincent" "Yuffie" "The Turks" Give a little background, unlike the rough one we were given. A couple of interviews with the designeres, and storyline creaters. Chuck a lil' better FMVs, change the blocky hands or somethin. Put in the SoundTrack, and a wall-poster. FF7-Special Edition for ya! I'd love to buy this, or get it for christmas

hamiko_san 2003-12-30 20:19

aFlipGuy 2004-02-20 20:54

-_-' i cant believe ppl actually hated kingdom hearts -_-' and i cant belive a "horrible game" sold millions of copies

- the final fantasy characters where guests and had nothing to do w/ kingdom hearts, like someone said, w/out them, it wouldn't have grabed FF fans to buy this game.

-as for noSanninWa, i did search for this thread and found nothing, i remember the old thread about this game which had links to the trailer and everything, i'm sorry for not finding this thread when i searched for FFVII and advent children

-u guyz seen the picture of barret and his braids??!?!!??! i saw a picture of aries once too but the face looked too much like yuna's, it was hard for me to believe it was really her, but it was a pictuer of her in cetra land praying and she was really pretty @_@

EliteJounin 2004-02-20 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh1ka9on
--------------Not about KH...

guys, guys...
I really doubt they would make another FF7 Game Comeback after they announce a DVD of the original, If they do, obviously they are desperate or something, which i doubt. Also I don't think you would've thought of this if FFX-2 didn't come out. So then if there "WAS" a game, let me see, FF7, FF7-AC, then FF7-2??
Also i think that if they were gonna make one, they would kinda of do it when FF7 was still majorly distributing in stores. Kind of like FFX and FFX-2.

What i think is a GOOD idea, is FF7-Special Edition Which has like the FF7 game, a DVD of the world of FF7, explain the characters a little more, like "Vincent" "Yuffie" "The Turks" Give a little background, unlike the rough one we were given. A couple of interviews with the designeres, and storyline creaters. Chuck a lil' better FMVs, change the blocky hands or somethin. Put in the SoundTrack, and a wall-poster. FF7-Special Edition for ya! I'd love to buy this, or get it for christmas

I doubt that will be a good idea to them. The creators wouldnt spend more time and money on something that wont sell as big.

CodeWordChobits 2004-02-21 06:47

Not a single one of you have any right to talk about Final Fantasy at all!!!! It seems to me that you all picked up on the series at 7? Well let me tell you that there is a whole world of FF out there that none of you will probably ever know. 90% of the inuendo and special stuff is going to be lost on you because they all hark from days past. The black mage from 9 is redesigned on the origional black mage from the very first game. In fact anyone who likes FF9 will like it a whole lot more if they have played all the games. You get to hear some old old music in the black mage villiage if you collect the right items. But back to the point that if anyone thinks the games are in any way linked... just kill yourself now for making unfounded and idiotic assumptions. Final Fantasy got it's name because back in the days of NES Square was a failing company, they decided to throw all there resources into one last game and hope for the best... this game was known as Final Fantasy because of the fact that it could very well have broken the company. From there they decided to make it into a kind of genre of it's own, no two Final fantasy games are the same or linked!!!! They do have some hints at the other games from time to time but that is only a bonus for those of us who have actually played the games... all of them... I long for the days of sprite based gaming again. 3D doesn't mean better! Go out and get yourselves the old FF titles and I think you will be pleased. ^^ anyway sorry ablout getting angry there, but when ppl choose to talk about FF7 like it's the beginning of the "series" I fly off the handle.

JAppi 2004-02-21 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by CodeWordChobits
Not a single one of you have any right to talk about Final Fantasy at all!!!! It seems to me that you all picked up on the series at 7?

Thank you for make broad assumptions about everyone on the forums! That was very nice and polite! I'm sure that it applies to everyone and they'll *all* be very happy that your're so kind to them!

Quote:

just kill yourself now

!

That's my line! I even recorded it! http://aa.1asphost.com/gravitation/killyourself.wav

Quote:

no two Final fantasy games are the same or linked!!!!

What about FFX-2? That throws that idea totally out the window. As with alot of common FF stereotypes.

Quote:

I long for the days of sprite based gaming again. 3D doesn't mean better!

No, it just means the game is more marketable. 2d games don't sell a third as well as 3d games.

eden 2004-02-21 11:37

Quote:

Not a single one of you have any right to talk about Final Fantasy at all!!!! It seems to me that you all picked up on the series at 7?

If I picked up the series at FF7 because it was the first RPG I had ever heard of and played, of course I have no right to talk about Final Fantasy at all. How stupid of me. Because I would never have even considered checking out FF6 and those earlier games after finishing FF7. Duh. How obvious. I wonder why I never thought of it that way before.

:hmm:

For the record, KH was the perfect babysitter game. Shut next door's 10-year-old up for hours. That alone made it worthwhile. :bow:

-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- 2004-02-21 17:53

I'm a huge Final Fantasy Fanatic and yet i didnt play FF7 due to the fact that I couldnt bear to look at the graphics after playing FF8 (I played FF8 first...). Do I really need to play the game in order for me to understand the movie? (I know it isnt out yet but there is gotta be SOME press release that says something about the storyline)