AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=88153)

Kairin 2009-11-06 14:06

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Edgewalker 2009-11-06 16:01

I forgot what time this airs.

derp.

Miraluka 2009-11-06 16:49

Sigh.... I'm regreting for request this thread..... I can skip the whole chapter to the last part when the thing come interesting. BTW I need to find a better raw.

serenade_beta 2009-11-06 17:54

Very satisfied... (^^)bb
The chapter with Mikoto helping out + anime original of Mikoto helping out. Loved it. Mikoto's idiocy and fear of bugs were especially standing out in the original parts. :heh:

And Mr. BomberMan planting super cool~ gravity bombs~ Whoohoo~ Cool name~ Yay~
Putting aside the sarcasm towards the series... tendency to... Well, nevermind.

Anyways, it's pretty obvious who the culprit is. :heh: The preview and all.

Miraluka 2009-11-06 19:02

http://blog.seiha.org/images2/railgun6/railgun6_92.jpg
Lelouch.... you are looking a bit stressed. Are you watching Naruto???

JaLooNz 2009-11-06 19:39

This episode from the manga is daaa best!!!

orangejuicetang 2009-11-06 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfriback (Post 2753495)

I loled at the image.

Patriot's Blade 2009-11-06 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfriback (Post 2753495)

lol, how can Lelouch watch Naruto when he's from the 1950's (according to the realworld calendar)? :heh:

DJ Trouble 2009-11-06 21:09

"Wait, did I download the wrong episode?"

I must have said that four different times while watching the raw . . .

Shinji103 2009-11-06 21:35

Mmmmmmmrrrgh.............very slow, very low-unsubstantial episode. :( Definitely one of the low-end manga chapters I'd hoped wouldn't get animated, or at least be significantly improved. But at least the end of the episode gave us the beginning of the next part of the plot to somewhat pull us out from the mediocre-ness of the episode.
I......find myself agreeing with Aroduc again. The reason I keep pointing out Aroduc is because I usually don't agree with him when he criticizes....... :heh:

5/10

It looks like they're spending less episodes away from the plot than I and others thought, though.

McMilk 2009-11-06 22:06

I don't follow the manga, so I have no idea if this stuff I'm watching is relevant at all to the plot (or if it's in the manga at all)... it's getting kind of boring with all the random adventures that Mikoto and crew go through.

But I still liked the episode (humor-wise). 7/10

Shinji103 2009-11-06 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMilk (Post 2753770)
I don't follow the manga, so I have no idea if this stuff I'm watching is relevant at all to the plot (or if it's in the manga at all)... it's getting kind of boring with all the random adventures that Mikoto and crew go through.

Just to answer your (semi-)question, no it's not relevant to the plot aside from the last few minutes of the episode, and yes this is from the manga. (chapter 2, although the last few minutes with the doll bomber are from a later chapter)

Miraluka 2009-11-06 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. (Post 2753620)
lol, how can Lelouch watch Naruto when he's from the 1950's (according to the realworld calendar)? :heh:

He can because he is fabulous

Primary Consult 2009-11-07 00:18

I liked this ep because it does something important... it shows why Mikoto isn't (and shouldn't be) in Judgment.

They also did something unexpectedly right by putting that scene after the ED, a nice indication that some real action is coming up. The ED playing after that scene (instead of before) would have also killed the effect.

I say unexpected because, if I could point to any one thing that is hurting this series, it is poorly arranged. Instead of small doses of fanservice/action/character development/plot exposition evenly distributed, you have things like two consecutive fanservice scenes in the first ep, two consecutive silly eps, two consecutive Judgment-centered eps, and all the while not an iota of anything resembling an overrunning plot. You really shouldn't be able to freely rearrange the first six episodes of a series into any order with no ill effects (unless its a show that isn't about plot, like Lucky Star).

germanturkey 2009-11-07 00:23

meh, fairly boring episode. not enough railgun action. at least this next ep seems interesting.

Sackett 2009-11-07 00:27

Well... I'm not really into this series, although I think the whole "Railgun" premise is kind of cool it does seem like a lot of time is spent on pointless things- like the out of control crush Kuroko has on Mikoto.

I have to say that I actually enjoyed the second half of this episode. The "Kuroko actually has a hard job" was a little heavy handed, but once we moved on to the attack of the creepy crawlies it began to become funny. The highlight for me was the attack of the kindergartners. They're dangerous in a pack you know.

Miraluka 2009-11-07 00:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primary Consult (Post 2753937)
I liked this ep because it does something important... it shows why Mikoto isn't (and shouldn't be) in Judgment.

:heh::heh::heh:
Yes, you have a big point there :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primary Consult (Post 2753937)
You really shouldn't be able to freely rearrange the first six episodes of a series into any order with no ill effects (unless its a show that isn't about plot, like Lucky Star).

But Lucky Star didn't promised any plot in difference to other products like K-no!, for example D=.

Sigh... looks like I'm not going to buy the DVDs or BDs this time, at least they come with some interesting extras included XD.

FlareKnight 2009-11-07 02:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfriback (Post 2753981)
:heh::heh::heh:
Yes, you have a big point there :D.

Yeah that bug phobia would clearly hold her back :heh:. Really she is better suited to beating up thugs alone and ignoring Kuroko's warnings. She doesn't thrive as well under 'rules of conduct.'

Anyways I thought the episode was alright. Good enough to have Mikoto freaking out over the various bugs she encountered :D. She really does react in an entertaining way to those kinds of situations.

But yeah guys in this series are either up to no good or get the short end of the stick. I mean the little kids were mocking the shorts, then you have the weird guy, and finally the poor sap who gets blown up while protecting the civilian....Going outside this one even Touma gets drawn into a duel where he can't really fight back :). Academy City, guys should walk away from here stat.

Kuroko gets owned once again. I'm pretty sure getting smashed by the door was better than getting her neck snapped and thrown away like last time :heh:.

Bordix 2009-11-07 02:54

Bugs > Railgun

A hilarious episode. Didn't even realize that mikoto was afraid of bugs, Was that ever implied in the manga? The movement kinda was awkward to me, particularly when Misaka was ecstatic in the playground

Quote:

The highlight for me was the attack of the kindergartners. They're dangerous in a pack you know.
They're wolves I tell you!! :heh:

oh and we cant forget Kuroko at the dorm in the last moments of the episode. That was probably the craziest thing she ever did; she looked like a crazy flying squirrel-lesbian-woman with boobs (<-this actually surprised me) going after her prey.

Next episode is gonna be sweet

Avegaille 2009-11-07 02:56

Lawlz, just seen the episode... it was a bit meh but entertaining still... Mikoto's fear of bugs, yes, those reactions were lol-worthy.

Plus, Mikoto and Konori meet... unexpected, I thought it would be someone else... I guess they're too lazy to animate another character to mistaken Mikoto as part of Judgment? o_O Mmm, that's fine with me either way, now the anime is providing us with crack pairing to work with... 8D

Now the next episode with the weird guy... we're going to have some action for sure. Or maybe a cliffhanger...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bordix (Post 2754103)
Didn't even realize that mikoto was afraid of bugs, Was that ever implied in the manga?

Spoiler for spoiler? I dunno?: