AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Negima (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Negima Episode 1 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=37291)

Catgirls 2006-10-13 17:00

Negima Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Negima, Episode 1!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the game or manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the game or manga, either PM them or use spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

Shiroth 2006-10-13 19:57

I'll just post what i said in the past thread~

It must of taken around 5 minutes for Ota Kazuhiro character designs (the PaniPoni Dash style :3) to sink in. Of course you're gonna be thinking about the PPD class for the first few minutes once you enter into the classroom (what with the crazy writing on the back-board and all), but i like how they've already made a distance between the two shows, that helps for me as a big Negima fan to start enjoying this new show right from the start.

Starting the show of with the Eva' arc? With it probably being one of the fav's from the manga, starting it of is a nice lil' idea. Its still un-clear if the magical contracts between Negi & his students are going to be apart of this one, but if so - i believe that his first one with Asuna shall be a good kick of to there friend-relationship. It just depends on if it'll go that way or not. Asuna eye color.. thats still a shock to why they've been changed to the same color. There's no way i can see it being any kind of mistake, but there has to be a reason behind it, i mean they've got each girls hair color right (the first anime changed a few students hair colors, not really that bad, but its good to keep in the original colors if you ask me), but changing something like eye color doesn't make sense. As for Takahata, thanks to the first episode the mans even more of a legend - they've turned him into a right stud. :3

I'm always going to adore Shinkichi Mitsumune musical score from the first series, and still part of me wishes he would have returned to do the same for this series, but Haneoka Kei (Rec, PaniPoni Dash) has already do wonders for for the first episode. You get some pretty epic music which i hope to hear more of once the battles start, and some of the BGM's used in the class are just PPD all over. Hopefully the release date for the OST won't be to long away.

Anyway, i've said way to much about this already - but to end it of, i have to add in that the Baka Rangers add-on at the end was just genius. That is one song i need to get~

dxanato 2006-10-13 21:16

I am still on the fence about this show whether I want to watch more of it.

Darklightz 2006-10-13 22:11

It's weird.In the first serie they introduced characters gradually,while in this episode they crammed them all together.Even the ghost showed up!

So it's just an alternate reality of Negima?I hope we can look forward to new adventures,since there's so many possibilities with that many characters

Shini_GamI 2006-10-14 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darklightz (Post 706114)
It's weird.In the first serie they introduced characters gradually,while in this episode they crammed them all together.Even the ghost showed up!

So it's just an alternate reality of Negima?I hope we can look forward to new adventures,since there's so many possibilities with that many characters

To add up, even Negi's little companion showed up as well lol...
Funny... Konoka and the girl who protects Konoka(forgot her name) are always together, whereas for the original version of negima, they weren't together up until around episodes 20 i think...

Matt Soulblade 2006-10-14 00:26

Well it is indeed a new story. The characters this time are like mixed in a soup, and they are making a plot out of the mix.
Im afraid of the outcome. It would be frustrating to see the same characters in a crappy (animated) story again.

Guido 2006-10-17 10:05

My thoughts about Negima!? Episode 1
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=226

I do see that SHAFT would be bringing Negima's potential into a new dimension.

Vexx 2006-10-17 11:21

The rapid-fire introduction is hopefully a clue that they want to get into the meat of the story because there is a lot to tell.

I think its best if you watch the series without making constant references to the manga or first disaster anime... just keep an open slate mind. If the story ends up being a mess standing on its own, then we can throw darts at director Shinbo.

deathsSt4lker 2006-10-26 18:44

voice change

im un happy they changed the voices :frustrated:

deathsSt4lker 2006-10-26 18:53

??????????/

dis is such a confusing show argh its not making sense at all any more the old sereis better

Vexx 2006-10-27 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathsSt4lker (Post 720401)
im un happy they changed the voices :frustrated:

Pardon me??? ALL the original voice actors are back except for two minor ones. Go compare at animenfo or somewhere. I mean they are better at what they do now after a couple more years practice...

As far as the show being "confusing" .... I think anyone already familiar with the characters and that understands this is *new retelling* shouldn't have much trouble. The first series failed to follow the manga either and had some serious animation problems. It did have a few good moments (drunken Kanoka, ghost girl ep).

And the ghost girl hasn't been "heard" directly yet.... newscoop girl just keeps hearing whispers and can't decide what they are yet. Watch it again more carefully.

David Johnston 2006-12-09 03:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexx (Post 720679)

And the ghost girl hasn't been "heard" directly yet.... newscoop girl just keeps hearing whispers and can't decide what they are yet. Watch it again more carefully.

Does the ability of the newspaper girl to hear her neighbour mean that she has some kind of sensitivity that normal people don't have? Perhaps from regular exposure to the yurei?

rooboy 2006-12-09 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Johnston (Post 763659)
Does the ability of the newspaper girl to hear her neighbour mean that she has some kind of sensitivity that normal people don't have? Perhaps from regular exposure to the yurei?

It's never been indicated that way - she can only hear Sayo. In the manga I believe it's because her seat is next to Sayo's, in Negima!? I don't think they've said anything one way or the other.

FatPianoBoy 2006-12-09 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by rooboy (Post 764540)
It's never been indicated that way - she can only hear Sayo. In the manga I believe it's because her seat is next to Sayo's, in Negima!? I don't think they've said anything one way or the other.

Pretty sure she can see her (or at least sense her presence accutely) in the manga.

rooboy 2006-12-09 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy (Post 764569)
Pretty sure she can see her (or at least sense her presence accutely) in the manga.

My apologies, my sentence was constructed poorly. I mean to say she can only sense Sayo, as in, she's never been shown to have any special ability to sense anything else, just Sayo. Not a statement that she can't see her (because she obviously can, in the manga).