AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kami nomi/TWGOK (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=103633)

Pellissier 2011-04-25 02:33

Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kami nomi/TWGOK II, Episode 3.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

ars89 2011-04-25 14:06

Interesting how Haqua who was the best in school is actually horrible at the real thing. I guess it's normal for her to be embarrassed about it. I can see why she lied to Elsie, but she didn't have to be men about. I wonder how she became section chief in the firs place.

Keima was good at figuring her out quickly. Didn't expect him to help her out though. I guess that information was helpful. At lest we know one thing Haqua is better at ad its using her raiment, that was a nice move being able to see into the past.

Elsie was just adorable being so nice to Haqua. I can see she really looks up to her. Enjoyed her getting distracted by the fire trucks. I wonder if they'll team up now to take out the loose soul.

Ryuutai 2011-04-25 14:20

Uh? They skipped the scene
Spoiler:

So, I guess they could skip
Spoiler:

:(

SilverSyko 2011-04-25 14:30

I forgot how much Hakua was so egotistical of herself when it came to Elsie, thanks to Keima though, those barriers are coming down. He's doing a capture without even really trying. =p

And they managed to get some plot out this episode too with the Old Hell/New Hell issue and why runaway spirits only choose to hide in girls. I do wonder if the series will ever get enough seasons to get to the point where this is expanded on.

Also, with all of the shots of Hakua's legs, it's probably the first real time I noticed she wears high-heels. :heh:

Midonin 2011-04-25 14:41

Spoiler for Kaminomi II-III - The Anatomy of Failure:

mtarzaim 2011-04-25 14:53

Earth: "It's not I'm rotating because of you..."
Tsundere! :D

Only Kami could have figured this. :cool:

Nice episode, while nothing really happened.
Haqua seems successfully translated to the anime medium. She even got sexier.
It's strange she got a neckline. In most of anime adaptation, the sexyness is toned down ( Hilda in Beelzebub). Well, she sure has long legs. And her gothic outfit (despite in SD) was nice too. Also the director knows how to put her in "perspectives", without falling in ecchi shots.

The good news is this arc will only last 2 episodes. Which is the fine pacing IMO.
With this, TWGOK finally enters in its main dish, while still away from the dessert.

Ryuutai 2011-04-25 15:00

Being a big fan of the manga, I continue to be very disappointed by the anime. It's not funny at all. The manga is on an other planet.

paladinenvec 2011-04-25 15:02

Spoiler for Episode 3:

sayde 2011-04-25 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by paladinenvec (Post 3586792)
Spoiler for Episode 3:

Couldn't agree more (which surprises me since I actually liked several previous episodes quite a lot).

Riga92 2011-04-25 15:06

Two things: Haqua and Firetrucks = HELL YES!

paladinenvec 2011-04-25 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by sayde (Post 3586797)
Couldn't agree more (which surprises me since I actually liked several previous episodes quite a lot).

Yeah, for me i liked all the episodes but this one was the best ,btw, i dunno why some ppl don't like the anime adaptation, for me it's great!

Ryuutai 2011-04-25 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by paladinenvec (Post 3586807)
Yeah, for me i liked all the episodes but this one was the best ,btw, i dunno why some ppl don't like the anime adaptation, for me it's great!

I dislike it because it betrayed the soul of the original manga. The manga is playful and lighthearted, while in the anime the atmosphere is too serious. They eliminated almost completely the superdeformed style and made poorly many funny moments. For example, where is Keima under the blanket, who says "it was too easy", after he had explained all his theory about the runaway spirits? Every time I'm waiting to see cute things like this, and every time I find out that they have disregarded them. Kami nomi is a very humoristic manga, but the anime takes itself too seriously...

Kopi 2011-04-25 16:22

This episode provided us a little bit of backstory of old hell and new hell and somemore information regarding the souls hiding within girls.

It also reminded me how I used to dislike that personality of Haqua acting high and mighty though it was cute to see Keima breaking down that personality.

That baseball scene was.. too long.. wish they could've use it for more chibi humors..

And lastly, only Keima could've thought of the Earth being tsundere, eh? :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuutai (Post 3586742)
Uh? They skipped the scene
Spoiler:

So, I guess they could skip
Spoiler:

:(

Nooooooooo!! I was hoping that they would do that scene :(
Hopefully they will squeeze it into next week episode or something..

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSyko (Post 3586748)
Also, with all of the shots of Hakua's legs, it's probably the first real time I noticed she wears high-heels. :heh:

Same here :heh:

Wandering_Youth 2011-04-25 16:58

Nice, this anime keeps getting better and better.

Wow, I thought Keima was just smart but after watching this episode he seems to have super genius intelligence. What waste that he's just spends his life away playing games. :heh:

I look forward to see what this new seasons brings.

ID555 2011-04-25 16:59

Hmmm somehow anime Haqua is hotter than the manga counterpart (which I've always thought of as cute)... dunno if it's the voice or whether they tweaked her look.

kache 2011-04-25 17:05

http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/3...orldgod.th.jpg

Perfect reactions from both of them. :D

paladinenvec 2011-04-25 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuutai (Post 3586824)
I dislike it because it betrayed the soul of the original manga. The manga is playful and lighthearted, while in the anime the atmosphere is too serious. They eliminated almost completely the superdeformed style and made poorly many funny moments. For example, where is Keima under the blanket, who says "it was too easy", after he had explained all his theory about the runaway spirits? Every time I'm waiting to see cute things like this, and every time I find out that they have disregarded them. Kami nomi is a very humoristic manga, but the anime takes itself too seriously...

To tell you the truth i understand your point of view however i don't see them as a bad point overall the anime in comparison with the anime it's serious yeah but the comedy still there and still works for me, i don't feel "betrayed" at all with this adaptation since mostly all the scenes are still there and the girls cuteness have been ported successfully, it's seems that we see/read TWGOK for mostly different reasons so let's leave it at that hehe.

Kotohono 2011-04-25 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by paladinenvec (Post 3586792)
Spoiler for Episode 3:

Yes, that scene was just perfection of comedy in terms of execution :heh:.

The episode was plenty enjoyable with the dynamic going between Haqua, Keima, and Elsie. While it was interesting to see more on the hell and demon side of things to have it explained better.

serenade_beta 2011-04-25 22:11

The demon girls are cuter than the story heroines. ( ̄Д ̄ )

That skull was Kujira after all...

Sackett 2011-04-25 22:19

Finally the real story begins.