AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Another (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Another - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110909)

Pellissier 2012-03-12 04:02

Another - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Another, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Miraluka 2012-03-12 12:10

ARghghh!! That photo creeps me out! Burn it now!

EroKing 2012-03-12 13:02

Wow. Lots of info provided this week. Most importantly, Mei knows who the extra is!!!

DarkWish 2012-03-12 13:48

Can someone explain me the story Misaki said? untill this episode i didnt even know she had two mothers, did i not pay attention in the previous episodes or is this the first time they mention it?

Extremesonic101 2012-03-12 13:50

Holy turn around, the past 2 episodes were weak to me, this one was a perfect 10, we now know alot more about Mei and Akazawa is losing faith in herself it seems and she want's to blame poor Mei. Misaki is incrediblly cute and I can't wait to see the extra episode, though I'm also a little sad about seeing since we all know the sad ending it has :(

I think the only thing I really wanted to see this episode was for either Kouchi to just grab Mei and kiss her or vice versa :P They better kiss at least once before this series ends!

EDIT: Someone posted between my posting so I'll answer, this is the first mentioning of this.

DarkWish 2012-03-12 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extremesonic101 (Post 4049543)
I think the only thing I really wanted to see this episode was for either Kouchi to just grab Mei and kiss her or vice versa :P They better kiss at least once before this series ends!

I really want this to happen, i though they might kiss in the end, but my dream fell apart when i heard that guy knock(edit: knocking? more like bursting in invading their sweet moment of privacy lol) the door.

RikaNipah 2012-03-12 14:09

Cliffhangerrrr. //die.
Akazawa was growing on me until she decided to blame Mei for the whole calamity starting again, I thought it was kind of unfair to put all of the fault on her. >>'
And I wonder if the asthmatic boy will survive. ~

Haak 2012-03-12 14:18

God damn it Misaki, if you knew who the extra was then you should have said something!!!!!!

Ray 2012-03-12 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by RikaNipah (Post 4049566)
Clifhangerrrr. //die.
Akazawa was growing on me until she decided to blame Mei for the whole calamity starting again, I thought it was kind of unfair to put all of the fault on her. >>'

This. She just had to be such a total cow about it. Oh well.

I'm placing all of my money on Reiko and/or Ms. Mikami being the 'Another'.

Going by the preview, the next episode is going to be lots of (bloody) fun.

Xaturas 2012-03-12 14:34

First of all Reiko being another is out since she's not on a trip.
Akazawa knew Sakakibara but he doesn't remember, curse at work there. Unless she has some kind of mirage in her dream.
Next ep someone goes on the killing spree with that sharp object he/she was sharpening on Mei and Sakakibara talk.
One girl dies to fireball/explosion next ep, dunno don't know her so cannon fodder.
Someone gets sliced in bed, but theres no body.
Girl barging into the room with 2 goons look like Akazawa, but then at the end of preview someone catch Akazawa foot.
Someone plays piano it may seem like Mikami, and that person has bloodied hands.

Anyway we are at final stage, creepy mansion and shit hit the storm next ep, what can you expect. And the Librarian is oh so plot induced out of the picture while with the kid in town ^^.

totoum 2012-03-12 14:40

Spoiler for ep10:

TinyRedLeaf 2012-03-12 14:40

Oi, oi, what happened to the spoiler policy until we're sure a majority of people have watched the episode?

Spoiler for Ep10:

mei misaki fan 2012-03-12 14:57

great episode after the last two before it seemed to be dropping a bit in quality.

totoum 2012-03-12 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf (Post 4049594)
Spoiler for Ep10:

Spoiler for ep10:

TinyRedLeaf 2012-03-12 15:10

Spoiler for a loose end that may make Another sequel possible:

Xaturas 2012-03-12 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf (Post 4049623)
Spoiler for a loose end that may Another sequel possible:

But the curse started long before that ....
It would be kinda dumb that curse started few years before stillbirth and then the bitter mother would become a curse reason, again ...

TinyRedLeaf 2012-03-12 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xaturas (Post 4049629)
But the curse started long before that ....
It would be kinda dumb that curse started few years before stillbirth and then the bitter mother would become a curse reason, again ...

Spoiler for Other possibilities:

Giriath 2012-03-12 15:29

I'm thinking Ms. Mikami may be Kouchi's mother, reborn as the Another.

Spoiler:

Kanon 2012-03-12 15:31

This episode gave me goosebumps. It was so damn good. It answered a lot of our interrogations.

First, I'll leave the mystery aside for a minute and comment on the dinner scene: I was very disappointed in Izumi for trying to make Mei into a scapegoat. That was a petty. I was delighted Kouichi stood up for Mei and told her not to talk shit about his waifu. Teshigawara and Mochizuki were cool too. They rank higher than Izumi in my book now.

It was cute how Mei thanked Kouichi for defending her (but not Mochizuki and Teshi, she doesn't give a shit about them). I guess I should actually be grateful to Izumi, since thanks to her, the pair was brought closer. Remember: it's never too late to join the church of Mei. We are always ready to welcome lost souls with open arms.

My Mei fanboyism interlude is now over.

The big revelation in the tape was... not big at all, at least not for us. It changes everything for the gang though, as they finally found out a way to stop the curse, but to do that, they will have to kill somebody. First, they need to figure out who the extra person is and make damn sure they are correct... unfortunately, it seems Teshigawara has been a bit hasty and has committed a real murder. Huhu, I figured that would happen at some point.

It was confirmed that Izumi met Kouichi soon after her brother's death, i.e about a year and a half ago. It's unclear if that memory was erased from her memory (would she have been able to recall that at all if that were the case?) or if she had just forgotten about it until now. I don't remember everybody I've met once either. However, it's clear Kouichi's memory has been altered, as he doesn't even remember setting foot in Yomiyama. Kouichi was wearing pajamas, which is a bit weird... no idea what to make of it though.

The other most interesting informations came from Mei...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWish (Post 4049542)
Can someone explain me the story Misaki said? untill this episode i didnt even know she had two mothers, did i not pay attention in the previous episodes or is this the first time they mention it?

That's the first time they mention it. It's a pretty big twist, since it confirms the calamity started before she was even asked to play the non-existent person: that means she's not responsible in any way for what happened and that Kouichi is not the extra student. I think it also gives us a big enough clue to figure out who Another is.

Anyway, I think the explanation was clear enough: Mei's mother Kirika is in reality her aunt. Her real mother, Kirika's twin sister, gave birth to twins herself: Mei and Misaki. Mei was given to Kirika after she lost her own baby. Mei and her cousin were actually sisters, that's why the calamity was able to kill her. Everybody overlooked her death since no one but Mei knew Misaki was her sister.

Now to expand on the big clue I was referring to:

Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf (Post 4049594)
Oi, oi, what happened to the spoiler policy until we're sure a majority of people have watched the episode?

That rule never existed. It's only be done out of consideration. It's only raw discussion that should be kept under spoiler tags, and even then that rule doesn't apply to episode threads like this one. When you've got a thread titled "episode 10", you already know what to expect.

TinyRedLeaf 2012-03-12 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 4049644)
Spoiler:

Spoiler for classroom arrangements: