AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   "nice boat" syndrome (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=84983)

kk2extreme 2009-08-09 17:27

"nice boat" syndrome

Well after school days, whenever I see a potential break up signs between main couple or the girl is holding a knife cooking in front of her boyfriend, "nice boat" would automatically click into my mind :heh: I mean it is more vivid than homocidal girls from the other shows, such as higurashi and elfen lied.

I think that I have PTSD from school days :heh:.

Marion 2009-08-09 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by kk2extreme (Post 2570590)
Well after school days, whenever I see a potential break up signs between main couple or the girl is holding a knife cooking in front of her boyfriend, "nice boat" would automatically click into my mind :heh: I mean it is more vivid than homocidal girls from the other shows, such as higurashi and elfen lied.

I think that I have PTSD from school days :heh:.

Everyone loves boats.

I don't blame you though :v

Oppius 2009-08-09 18:06

I Rather call it as "Satan Days" syndrome instead. I hope its second season will never see light of day.

Marion 2009-08-09 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oppius (Post 2570648)
I Rather call it as "Satan Days" syndrome instead. I hope its second season will never see light of day.

A second season?

They killed off 2 out of the 3 main characters :| Unless another jerk comes to town, but I don't think anyone can compare to Makoto.

Kimura sensei 2009-08-09 18:19

The end of School Days was terrible. MANkoto was awesome, that bitch didn't had the reasons to to do that.

KholdStare 2009-08-09 19:28

I admit to having this syndrome from time to time. The first instance was Myself ; Yourself.

Ichihara Asako 2009-08-09 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by KholdStare (Post 2570777)
I admit to having this syndrome from time to time. The first instance was Myself ; Yourself.

I was really looking forward to a BAD END in Myself ; Yourself. I was disappointed. :(

Eater of All 2009-08-10 13:07

Looks like School Days has broken quite a number of people. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marion (Post 2570655)
A second season?

They killed off 2 out of the 3 main characters :| Unless another jerk comes to town, but I don't think anyone can compare to Makoto.

Cross Days (0verflow's third game) is due to be released soon and is supposedly a "cross" between old School Days characters and a bunch of new characters. If done 0verflow style, things can potentially get pretty messy (i.e. dangerous). ;)

Slice of Life 2009-08-10 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eater of All (Post 2572235)

I already stated somewhere else some time ago that School Day was the most influential anime of the year, probably one of the most influential anime ever, since it "influenced" so many people so deeply. ;)

Gibber 2009-08-10 14:32

I'm not sure I even wanna watch that now. I got spoiled the ending already but it still seems weird, I guess.

Kimura sensei 2009-08-10 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibber (Post 2572390)
I'm not sure I even wanna watch that now. I got spoiled the ending already but it still seems weird, I guess.

Watch it for Makoto. He is great. Biggest PIMP in anime's history.

kk2extreme 2009-08-10 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eater of All (Post 2572235)

something from urban dictionary :rolleyes:

qwertyuiopz 2009-08-10 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimura sensei (Post 2572490)
Watch it for Makoto. He is great. Biggest PIMP in anime's history.

:cool:
HES A HERO

Kitsune 2009-08-11 03:57

The only good thing og School Days was the end, killing the bitch and the "I fuck everything that moves" was the only thing I was hoping for tall the series...

MAkoto is my most hated character from all anime series

Nukerjsr 2009-08-11 08:53

I think all bad or harem anime shows could be fixed or smiled upon with the "Nice Boat" ending.

kk2extreme 2009-08-11 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nukerjsr (Post 2574170)
I think all bad or harem anime shows could be fixed or smiled upon with the "Nice Boat" ending.

agree :D:p, imagine if shuffle has a "nice boat" :uhoh::eyespin::heh:

Marion 2009-08-11 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by kk2extreme (Post 2575370)
agree :D:p, imagine if shuffle has a "nice boat" :uhoh::eyespin::heh:

Not that it didn't come close 100 times or so with crazy Kaede :V Glad they didn't imo.

Darklord_bg 2009-08-12 06:31

Ughh...:mad: tell me about it!

It has spread out even to non-harem and non-romance shows. I still remember people asking about a nice boat ending in Shana. I think the syndrome has subsided for now, thankfully, but still someone has to bring it up ever once in a while.

Personally, I believe the abomination known as School Days should have never seen the light of day because of the way it has twisted people and their perceptions of other shows. Now I can only hope people do not bring it up that often.

zeremonio 2009-08-12 07:26

nice boat it's a legend ending
people not gonna say a bad ending to these kind of ending but they'll say "nice boat"

Wervy 2009-08-12 08:00

I dont know, I think I would like a second season of School Days.

Different cast of course, maybe turning it around and have the female lead be the horny jerk that turns the male leads nuts. Of couse, considering just how society would be seeing that kind of situation, I doubt it will ever happen.