AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ (OVA Series) - General Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=35604)

Omfgbbqwtf 2007-09-10 18:58

Haruka route eh? If the OVA is ture and the accident will never happen in the OVA, I think it would still be interesting to see what would Mitzuki's action be. Would she still be trying to get close to Takayuki or will she move on? What would Haruka do if she starts to get suspicious about Mitzuki's actions? I don't play the game so.. those are just my speculations.

Too bad Akane already has an OVA of her own. Wasnt what I expected. I was hoping it to be a Akane route (Akane = my favorite character).

KholdStare 2007-09-10 20:52

If the accident never happens then something dramatic must happen in its place, because without the accident and its resolution KgNE would've been just a cliche romance. I hope that this OVA is somewhat good in comparison to the original.

DarkCntry 2007-09-11 05:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by KholdStare (Post 1141082)
If the accident never happens then something dramatic must happen in its place, because without the accident and its resolution KgNE would've been just a cliche romance. I hope that this OVA is somewhat good in comparison to the original.

Given that the SFD release of KimiNozo had the 'what-if' scenario option both Mitsuki and Haruka in the case of no accident, there's still a good possibility that the accident can occur and we're possibly looking at the Best path for Haruka over the (overall) Good path for Mitsuki that the anime took. It's all really just a matter on which way Age wants to take it this time around.

My bet is that the accident will probably still occur, but will find us fast-forwarding through the known parts to the alternative decisions that Takayuki makes in choosing Haruka over Mitsuki.

KholdStare 2007-09-11 16:29

I hope that the accident does occur since the first time I watched it, I was supporting Haruka until the end, so it would be worthy to watch for me.

relentlessflame 2007-09-21 17:51

By the way, the first volume of the OVA will be released on December 21st. I don't know how many volumes there'll be in all, so we'll see.

Also of interest, perhaps, is that the OVA series is being released by Bandai Visual, and not Media Factory, as was the case with the TV series and Akane Maniax.

P.S. Mods: would it make sense to merge this thread with this one?

Perishthethought 2007-09-22 07:40

I know I've said this a few times, but I can't wait for this. I really can't. It's going to be an interesting little festive treat. Multiple volumes? Probably 3 I would guess, much the same as Akane Maniax. Interesting how they've included a picture of the modern-day Haruka to advertise with. Does this tell us something about when the OVA will be set?

DarkCntry 2007-09-22 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perishthethought (Post 1159841)
I know I've said this a few times, but I can't wait for this. I really can't. It's going to be an interesting little festive treat. Multiple volumes? Probably 3 I would guess, much the same as Akane Maniax. Interesting how they've included a picture of the modern-day Haruka to advertise with. Does this tell us something about when the OVA will be set?

As I said, the best guess I can come up with how they will play this out is probably first half of first OVA episode showing the lead-in into the accident and how Takayuki acts towards Haruka (more to how her path was in the game)...second half of the first OVA episode showing a brief lead-in to the events between the accident and Haruka waking up. The rest of the OVA will be probably Takayuki and Haruka working through things.

Basically we'll get a fast-forward for the prior events and then a quick rundown to how Haruka's path ended in the game.

KholdStare 2007-09-22 13:06

Akane Maniax was pretty bad, so I hope they're not going to half-ass something like that.

DarkCntry 2007-09-22 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by KholdStare (Post 1160154)
Akane Maniax was pretty bad, so I hope they're not going to half-ass something like that.

There's nothing wrong with AkiMax, seeing as it almost exactly mirrored the game it was based upon, which was meant as a stop-gap between KimiNozo and MuvLuv....so to call it half-ass is kinda a quandary with me:twitch:

KholdStare 2007-09-22 22:00

I'm not basing it on the game-anime transposition, but rather the overall plot of it and the animation quality.

umeboshi_onigiri 2007-09-23 08:09

The first volume is up for preorder at CDJapan. :)

DarkCntry 2007-09-23 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by KholdStare (Post 1160726)
I'm not basing it on the game-anime transposition, but rather the overall plot of it and the animation quality.

Animation quality was pretty on-par with KimiNozo, granted things were more colorful in AkiMax...beyond that, you cannot disregard the source material when basing opinions on the plot.

Freeter 2007-09-26 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by umeboshi_onigiri (Post 1161353)
The first volume is up for preorder at CDJapan. :)

12/21?! Gah, why must the wait be so excruciating...

holyman282 2007-10-27 15:09

not sure if this has been posted, but it looks like haruka route is coming out on the 21st of december? I've found it on anidb here is the link

tempest09 2007-10-28 19:31

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien OVA?

Hi, I was wondering if it's true that there's a new Kimi ga Nozomu Eien OVA coming out?

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=5470

Inu_Sess__ 2007-10-28 22:37

I presume it's correct, as anidb is usually accurate.

relentlessflame 2007-11-05 19:43

By the way, a preliminary solicitation for the second OVA episode (on Animate, Sofmap, etc.) shows it listed for February 22nd, so about two months after the first episode's release (on December 21st). Not sure how many episodes it'll be in all, but we'll see.

chinadoll_sakura 2007-11-16 19:39

I would love to see a Haruka ending, I was for her all along, eventhough I didn't hate the original ending. The accident is a big part of the anime so I hope it's included

HeeroX 2007-11-27 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 1240579)
By the way, a preliminary solicitation for the second OVA episode (on Animate, Sofmap, etc.) shows it listed for February 22nd, so about two months after the first episode's release (on December 21st). Not sure how many episodes it'll be in all, but we'll see.

I read on this month's Newtype that it will be a 4 eps OVA.

relentlessflame 2007-11-27 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeeroX (Post 1273121)
I read on this month's Newtype that it will be a 4 eps OVA.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense given the catalog numbers. Sounds great! I'm very much looking forward to it.