AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Accel World (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Accel World - Episode 18 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=114059)

Kairin 2012-08-10 00:42

Accel World - Episode 18 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Accel World, Episode 18.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Dr. Casey 2012-08-10 08:11

Time for some beach adventures with bikini-clad Kuroyukihime.

This will be a good episode.

tsunade666 2012-08-10 13:57

I really love studio 7/sunrise works on their colors and animation. This episode looks glorious and the two girls!!! the pony tail girl is absolutely adorable. Funny screw guy posing as black king :heh: :heh:

This episode is from vol 10 ss

churchblue 2012-08-10 13:59

Megumi is acting strange.

Flower 2012-08-10 14:04

Side Story eh?

Hrm ... well, tbh I only found it "okay". Not bad, but kinda feel shafted going here after Lime Bell healed Dusk Taker. -_-

Anyhoo - 6 of 10 vote from me.

ookamigirl 2012-08-10 14:27

Kuroyuki Hime at the beach.
It's a nice change of scenery.
Even though she was a bit worried about Haru.
Guess this time we got to rest from Haru & Nomi stuff.
Focusing only on Kuroyuki and her Okinawan holiday.
Looks like she couldn't get a break from being a burst linker...
Things are getting interesting even in Okinawa.

Awrya 2012-08-10 14:49

First thought of KYH: her legs are really long:twitch:
Good episode, but just how did those two manage become lv 4? In Okinawa there are currently only 3, how did they manage to get the points?

@churchblue, please edit your post. That shouldn't be in this thread

If KYH was a guy, she'd be a chick magnet:heh:

serenade_beta 2012-08-10 14:59

Surprisingly, this was probably the most solid episode of this anime so far. It was actually pretty good. (; ・`ω・´)ナン…ダト!?
Ignoring the fact they left Noumi and the NTR(?) hanging and that tan girl speaking in a foreign language. Eh? Japanese you say? Iya, I don't understand either way.

Avaricia 2012-08-10 15:10

Quote:

If KYH was a guy, she'd be a chick magnet:heh:

If KYH was a guy, she'd look like Mr. Ikusu from Kno nka ni htori :heh:

Kelvas 2012-08-10 15:12

That was a very interesting episode! :) I wonder how many episodes will it take for them to get back into the main story.. The episode preview looks interesting.. When the two girls brought black lotus to their master, he was saying something about bringing him someone like Vanquish or World End? I know Vanquish is the Blue Knight, but who is World End?

Kaihan 2012-08-10 15:22

Pretty good episode, Found it more enjoyable than I thought I would. Maybe it's because it was focusing on KYH instead of Haru.
Looks like we have to wait for to episode 20 before we move back to main story.

FlameSparkZ 2012-08-10 16:32

Nice episode :D We even get character development.
And Mana is so cute <3 *takes her home*

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 4298966)
Surprisingly, this was probably the most solid episode of this anime so far. It was actually pretty good. (; ・`ω・´)ナン…ダト!?
Ignoring the fact they left Noumi and the NTR(?) hanging and that tan girl speaking in a foreign language. Eh? Japanese you say? Iya, I don't understand either way.

Okinawa dialect, which is...extremely hard to decipher :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelvas (Post 4298984)
That was a very interesting episode! :) I wonder how many episodes will it take for them to get back into the main story.. The episode preview looks interesting.. When the two girls brought black lotus to their master, he was saying something about bringing him someone like Vanquish or World End? I know Vanquish is the Blue Knight, but who is World End?

This is just my assumption, but I think "World End" used to be Black Lotus' nickname/title.
If you think about Black Lotus' properties, it seems to fit :uhoh:

Now...that yellow guy. Judging by the OP, I'd say he's part of the "we" that Dusk Taker mentioned.
He seems to be wandering about Okinawa's UNF, hunting Enemies for points while riding a big lizard that does all the work...yep, very "bad guy"-like.

Kelvas 2012-08-10 17:11

I wonder what level that yellow guy is? Judging from a lv7 unable to touch him, I think he might be like lv-7 or 8. If he's really a part of Noumi's group, then he should be able to use the IS program.

ZGMF-X10A 2012-08-10 17:13

seems like in this episode we see what Kuro Yuki Hime is doing at the beach. I really want to know what's happening back with Haru and co. I wonder what Chiyuri's actual power is, it's not healing for sure as we saw in previous episode the gears are turning which usually relates to time travel. So I'm guessing it's turn back in time but how much time is the question, and why heal Noumi.

thundrakkon 2012-08-10 17:16

Quite an interesting episode. Megumi is acting suspicious, but I was curious why she did not show up when they first burst link and she was in the area. She was apologizing to KYH for something, but did not finish her statement. If she is part of the new world order, then it is understandable that she used a hack in the system like Nomi to not show up.

It is confirmed now that KYH knows that Haru is in some sort of trouble, but she will not help unless asked.

As for how they leveled up if there are only 3 people, the level 7 guy can lose to them for them to gain points, and once they reach level 4, they can use unlimited burst to hunt for more points. Also, since KYH knows this new guy, I wonder if he was a former member of the Black Legion?

Btw, break from Nomi is nice and all, but I really do hope that the whole season is not focused on Nomi arc, which is a painful way to end the season. We are on episode 18 already, with probably 6 to go. Heck, we haven't even seen the motorcyle maid girl, and she was prominent in both intros.

tsunade666 2012-08-10 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundrakkon (Post 4299123)
As for how they leveled up if there are only 3 people, the level 7 guy can lose to them for them to gain points, and once they reach level 4, they can use unlimited burst to hunt for more points. Also, since KYH knows this new guy, I wonder if he was a former member of the Black Legion?

Btw, break from Nomi is nice and all, but I really do hope that the whole season is not focused on Nomi arc, which is a painful way to end the season. We are on episode 18 already, with probably 6 to go. Heck, we haven't even seen the motorcyle maid girl, and she was prominent in both intros.

The break from Noumisoup is bad though even if I want to forget how bad he is the change of scene is just too abrupt or forced. The feeling you had last episode was all for naught when they show this episode. I even forgot Noumisosoup exist.

BAD TIME TO CHANGE SCEENES

it will do us good if they at least show how the battle ended up in the last episode.

As for unlimited brain burst. Actually it was never confirmed that you need to be level 4 to use that command but its much safer for you to be AT LEAST level 4 to use that command. So even a lower level can use it "probably" but dangerous. That's why KYH and Taku isn't mentioning it to Haru until he is level 4.

Mentar 2012-08-10 18:35

Did this feel like a vacation or what? :)

After the whiny stupidity and rage-inducing putzing around of the last episodes, having a full episode centered around KYH felt like a wonderful change of pace. Yes, low on drama, but I didn't mind that at all.

It also underscores why for me, KYH is probably the anime character whose personality I feel the biggest affinity to. Smart without conceit, kind yet combative, perceptive, controlled yet easily provoked... a very mysterious and remarkably _adult_ personality that is very interesting to follow. She not only displays a high degree of clear-eyed self-reflection: How she immediately picked up on her Megumi blunder, and how nicely and genuinely she defused the landmine she stepped on is so different from the consistent stupidity that Haru, Taku and Chiyu exhibit. Can we have more of KYH please?

Oh, naturally I'm not swayed by her exterior. No, sir, not at all... *whistles innocently*

More characters like her, please!

Bombo 2012-08-10 19:14

So intersting ...I love this arc and great animation .
More KYH :D .

Paradoxine 2012-08-10 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentar (Post 4299217)
Did this feel like a vacation or what? :)

After the whiny stupidity and rage-inducing putzing around of the last episodes, having a full episode centered around KYH felt like a wonderful change of pace. Yes, low on drama, but I didn't mind that at all.

It also underscores why for me, KYH is probably the anime character whose personality I feel the biggest affinity to. Smart without conceit, kind yet combative, perceptive, controlled yet easily provoked... a very mysterious and remarkably _adult_ personality that is very interesting to follow. She not only displays a high degree of clear-eyed self-reflection: How she immediately picked up on her Megumi blunder, and how nicely and genuinely she defused the landmine she stepped on is so different from the consistent stupidity that Haru, Taku and Chiyu exhibit. Can we have more of KYH please?

Oh, naturally I'm not swayed by her exterior. No, sir, not at all... *whistles innocently*

More characters like her, please!

Heh... I also think that Taku + Haru + Chiyu are a bit too whiny/angsty at times. KYH is a breath of fresh air tbqh. A 50% split of screentime between KYH and Haru, both playing 'main' characters if you know what I mean, would have made this show so much better.

j0x 2012-08-10 20:56

decent episode but im much more interested on the Dusk Taker fight