AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kashimashi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Kashimashi Episode 13 (OVA) Discussion/Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=37844)

xris 2006-10-24 14:25

Kashimashi Episode 13 (OVA) Discussion/Poll

Welcome to the Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ Episode 13 discussion thread. This is the DVD only episode (or OVA) released on the 27th October 2006. Currently I'm not sure how long (in minutes) this OVA will be since there is conflicting information at AniDB and ANN, no doubt someone here will be able to clear this up soon. In addition, we consider the OVA to be licensed as well (see the Kashimashi ~Girl meets Girl~ licensed thread for details).

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs or fansubs.
  • Try to keep Manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your (pre-release) expectations of the OVA.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=Hazumu and Yasuna]Hazumu and Yasuna are both cats.[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for Hazumu and Yasuna:

relentlessflame 2006-10-24 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris (Post 717804)
Currently I'm not sure how long (in minutes) this OVA will be since there is conflicting information at AniDB and ANN, no doubt someone here will be able to clear this up soon.

Well, the 65 minutes that ANN is referring to is the total running time of the disc including extras, and the extras on the 7th DVD are numerous. I don't think they've announced exactly how long the episode will be, but I'd suspect it'll be somewhere around TV episode length (most Bandai Visual "7th disc" OVAs are like that - think the Please series, Uta~Kata, etc.).

Vexx 2006-10-24 16:40

Hard to believe its actually coming up to "showtime" ... :)

martino 2006-10-25 07:49

It's close....makes me nervous...I need to know what happens after that strange ending!

monster 2006-10-25 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris (Post 717804)
This is the DVD only episode (or OVA) released on the 27th October 2007.

Just when I thought it's finally here...looks like I'll have to wait for one more year.:eyespin:

relentlessflame 2006-10-25 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by monstert (Post 719289)
Just when I thought it's finally here...looks like I'll have to wait for one more year.:eyespin:

Hahaha - nice catch there. :heh: 2006 it is... one day to go. :p

Vexx 2006-10-25 20:38

well... one day plus praying to the demons of fansubbing that someone is idling at the starting gate to process it.... :)

Dakota 2006-10-25 21:07

Wiki sez "65 minutes." For the record.

:O

Catgirls 2006-10-25 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota (Post 719362)

Yeah, we think (we're assuming) that number might be the total running time for the entire DVD ... including extras, menus, etc... which would put the episode itself at the normal 23-25 minutes. Though it would be totally kick ass if the episode was a full 60-65 minutes. :D But it's doubtful.

/edit: well, you know...Dr. Pepper and all...

relentlessflame 2006-10-25 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota (Post 719362)

I know, and I've already explained why they say that and where they got it from. The episode will not be 65 minutes long.

Edit: Catgirls beat me to it. :heh: But a clarification - the reason I know the 65 minutes includes extras is because that's the way all the other DVDs on the site are listed. Needless to say, the episodes on DVD 1 are not "61" minutes long. Don't disagree that it'd be great if it were 65 minutes though. :p

Edit 2: That came across far more "stern" than I meant it to, so please don't take it like an attack or anything. Just trying to clarify. Whoever posted the Wikipedia info is relying on the incomplete source data.

Catgirls 2006-10-25 23:17

Quote:

Corrected. ;)

relentlessflame 2006-10-27 06:23

All right, so the official word on the length is 26:53 or thereabouts, where the extra length mostly comes in the form of an extended/full-length OP featuring summary scenes from the first 12 episodes. Impressions in a bit. :p

Edit: Impressions...
Spoiler for Episode 13 *huge spoilers*:

xris 2006-10-27 11:33

Quote:

Ahem, yes, I was waiting to see how long it took for someone to notice. Well done that man :heh:

@Dakota: Please don't ask :eyebrow: Try reading the forum rules while you wait!

martino 2006-10-27 13:02

Crap! I never thought that you would stick pics into the spoiler! Now I saw the last pic...bad mistake...

You should have put it into another spoiler tag :D
-for idiots like me

relentlessflame 2006-10-27 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by martino (Post 721205)
Crap! I never thought that you would stick pics into the spoiler! Now I saw the last pic...bad mistake...

You should have put it into another spoiler tag :D
-for idiots like me

Sorry - I did put them in a second layer of spoiler tags, but I added a third level just to be sure. :heh:

JasonSolaris 2006-10-27 20:25

Kinda disappointed of the summary of the OVA
Spoiler for OVA spoiler question:

Thanks

relentlessflame 2006-10-27 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonSolaris (Post 721622)
Kinda disappointed of the summary of the OVA
Spoiler for OVA spoiler question:

Spoiler:

KaneDragon 2006-11-10 20:44

You know, there were two points in this episode where I thought Yasuna had really fallen in love with Tomari. :twitch:

That would have been epic. :D

Spoiler for OVA:

martino 2006-11-11 18:33

In my opinion it was good, and I liked how it ended as well since I was a
Spoiler for for Hazumu's bride:
fan from the very start. But are homosexual marriages legal in Japan??? :D

niwasatou 2006-11-13 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by martino (Post 737172)
In my opinion it was good, and I liked how it ended as well since I was a
Spoiler for for Hazumu's bride:
fan from the very start. But are homosexual marriages legal in Japan??? :D

No, they aren't.
And, by the way, it's the other way round: Hazumu is Tomari's bride (oyomesan) :D
Too bad it wasn't Tomari/Ayuki, but I guess that would have been too much of a twist for one OVA episode.