AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Element hunters (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=83624)

felix 2009-07-06 16:48

Element hunters

Original anime series,
Quote:

In the year 2029, a massive land sinkage occurs in the Mediterranean Coast. All oxygen in a 3 kilometer radius disappears from the Earth's crust.

Since that event, many chemical elements, such as oxygen, carbon, gold, molybdenum, and cobalt have disappeared from the face of the Earth.

The disappearance of the chemical elements has caused other things to vanish; forests, fields, buildings, ancient ruins, and even life itself.

Humanity soon fully realizes that everything is made from the chemical elements.

60 years later, the human population has been reduced to 1/10 of what is was during its peak period. After much research and investigation, the cause of the disappearance of the chemical elements is becoming clear. The chemical elements have been flowing to Nega Earth, another "Earth" which is located beyond the dimensional barrier.

A team called "Element Hunter" is formed to prevent the death of the Earth. All of the members are children who are 13 years old or younger. Only children, whose thought processes are more fluid than adults, can gain access to Nega Earth.
As much as that story smells of filler, first episode is promising.
I hope though the horrible sound quality was simply due to the RAW.

Magin 2009-07-06 16:57

From what I understand, the sub is already out by now... I haven't looked at it myself though

chaos_animagic 2009-07-06 19:43

I got a question... the sub I got is from "Fabulous", and any way I look at it... I looks like a prank... cause those wordings aren't the correct ones, cause I heard a date, and the sub says "sh*t"...
Anyone know if there's a "real" sub out there at all?

And I can't seem to find "Fabulous" subs anymore... I think they got removed for being a prank or sort.

Gonna place this title back to the "no sub section" LOL...

Wargumm1i 2009-07-06 20:03

It was a prank they even removed it from Tokyo toshokan. I was pissed out of my mind, because I cant stand these types of prank. And I thought Element Hunters could be a bit interesting so I was looking forward too seeing the first episode just a bit, also

Magin 2009-07-06 20:08

I hate jokesubs with a passion... *goes to delete my DL of it*

E_I 2009-07-06 21:00

Is the glasses wearing character a boy, or reverse trap?

Goofus Maximus 2009-07-06 21:45

As long as you know it's a prank, it's actually kind of fun to watch/read. It may end up being more fun than the actual sub! :) "My rhoids are acting up!"

velvet nightmare 2009-07-11 16:34

jeez was that a waste of a dl

is there any other group out there that's seriously going to sub this?

ThoHell 2009-07-13 01:56

I thought someone was subbing this. Or maybe they just got annoying with that kid who does the triple "what gives". He needs a good smacking.

Goofus Maximus 2009-07-13 10:36

Gleam street just subbed it, and now this thread is in the fansubbed section. Yay!

I found the prank sub to be funny (the script for the teacher's talk reminded me of the teacher in Hyakko, for some reason), but I was really beginning to wonder when the real subbed version was going to be done, so I could enjoy the real thing instead of a parody.

Vexx 2009-07-13 10:46

Jokesubs are only funny to people with very large monthly transfer caps. People confined by Craptastic or other ISP transfer caps are actually hurt by these massive wastes of time and space.

If they're labeled as parody or joke, there is no problem... but otherwise the fansub group should consider the effect on their credibility. This makes it unlikely I'll be approving their subs for listing without previewing them. Since I don't have much time for previewing, its just easier to mark them off.

edit: and after reviewing their site - unless Fabulous starts to label their files as parody, I'll be automatically nixing them. Besides, "Woody Allen" they ain't - eh, Tiger Lily? :)

felix 2009-07-13 11:06

So I'm gonna take it gleam are jokesubs?

Vexx 2009-07-13 11:29

Not that I'm aware of.... "Fabulous" was the fansub group that released the unlabeled parody. afaik, "Gleam" appears to be 'legit' but I'm sure we'll get reports if it isn't.

felix 2009-07-13 12:00

Scraped though it, looks legit to me too. (your post above looks like a reply to Goofus Maximus though, haha)

Vexx 2009-07-13 12:23

yeah, he slipped in while I was composing a response to an earlier post.... ambiguity for the win..

Pilly 2009-07-13 13:45

I just watched the first ep. with the real subs.
This ep was really confusing... they didn't explain anything and just went straight to the fighting

Slice of Life 2009-07-13 14:44

H He Li Be B C N O F Ne ... gotta catch them all! :D

The TL seems to have problems with the notion of 113 known elements. Makes me wonder if he's very smart (AFAIK elements beyond 113 are already in the naming queue) or very stupid (thinking that the number of elements is fixed to whatever number he found in his chemistry book).

Noe 2009-07-13 14:52

[gleam] is legit. It's pretty unique so far.

felix 2009-07-13 14:56

The part of the summary I posted is explained in the next episode, along with a full debrief.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slice of Life (Post 2512471)
H He Li Be B C N O F Ne ... gotta catch them all! :D

LOL!... I'm dieing of laughs here! Don't do that again ~ kk =P

Ashlotte 2009-07-13 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexx (Post 2512058)
Jokesubs are only funny to people with very large monthly transfer caps. People confined by Craptastic or other ISP transfer caps are actually hurt by these massive wastes of time and space.

If they're labeled as parody or joke, there is no problem... but otherwise the fansub group should consider the effect on their credibility. This makes it unlikely I'll be approving their subs for listing without previewing them. Since I don't have much time for previewing, its just easier to mark them off.

edit: and after reviewing their site - unless Fabulous starts to label their files as parody, I'll be automatically nixing them. Besides, "Woody Allen" they ain't - eh, Tiger Lily? :)

Aye I find most Joke subs funny, but it's not terribly nice to pass it off as anything but a joke sub...

Only watched part of the joke one...The OP was entirely unimpressive, but the subbing made the like 1/4 of it I watched pretty amusing. Guess I'll have to watch the real one to see if the shows as mediocre as it felt...