AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Upcoming Archive (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Arve Rezzle: Mechanical Faeries (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112550)

Malkuth 2012-05-30 07:18

Arve Rezzle: Mechanical Faeries

Arve Rezzle: Kikaijikake no Yousei-tachi
アルヴ・レズル -機械仕掛けの妖精たち-

Based on a light novel series by Yamaguchi Yuu with illustrations by Seiki.

http://i.imgur.com/Ds9Jhl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Jk9dml.jpg http://i.imgur.com/5uChfl.jpg

Summary
In the year 2022, people can upload their minds to cyber space leaving behind soulless bodies. After an accident occurs that causes the system to get overloaded, all of those people become trapped in cyber space leaving a young man named Remu with no choice but to try to get his sister back.

Cast
Mikage Remu: Fukuyama Jun (Aoi Toori @ Kyoukaisen-jou no Horizon, Takanashi Souta @ WORKING!!, Lelouch Lamperouge Code Geass)
Mikage Shiki: Kitamura Eri (Alleyne @ Queen's Blade, Miki Sayaka @ Madoka Magika, Suzutsuki Kanade @ Mayo Chiki!, Todoroki Yachiyo @ WORKING!!, Ueno Kirika @ C3, Izuriha Kagari @ BRS, Takanashi Miu @ PapaKiki, Yasaka Mahiro @ Nyaruko-chan)

Staff
Studio: ZEXCS (Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi, Onii-chan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janaindakara ne!!, Fortune Arterial: Akai Yakusoku, Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Omamori Himari, Chuu Bra!!, Umi Monogatari, Koukaku no Regios, Macademi Wasshoi!, Wagaya no Oinari-sama, Rental Magica, Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!)
Director: Yoshihara Tatsuya (first time chief director, directed Kaibutsu Oujo OVA ep.1-2, Milky Holmes S1E6, Sket Dance ep.8, otherwise works since 2008 as a key animator)

totoum 2012-05-30 07:37

Sounds interesting.Really nice cast.

Man,ZEXCS are now doing two shows I'm looking forward to.

Anidb has the original author doing the screenplay for the anime,that's a rare sight.

Pocari_Sweat 2012-05-30 07:44

That cover art is pretty nice.

Cyberspace huh? Interesting concept. And Zecks? WHAT?! First a shojo and now a sci-fi? Is the world collapsing ?:heh:

winhlp32 2012-05-30 07:53

I read that the director is apparently only 22 years old. Younger than a lot of us :heh:

Edit: According to this blog post he would be 24-25. Still pretty young for a chief director.

Cosmic Eagle 2012-05-30 08:21

ZEXCS? NOOOOOOOOOOO.........

This is actually an interesting series....Kodansha Box too....dammit ZEXCS why they get all the good LNs only to FUBAR everything...

MisaoFan 2012-05-30 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 4183552)

This is actually an interesting series....Kodansha Box too....dammit ZEXCS why they get all the good LNs only to FUBAR everything...

Hope they won't ruin this time.

Malkuth 2012-05-30 09:39

Two more images on top...

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 4183513)
Sounds interesting.Really nice cast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemiSoda (Post 4183520)
That cover art is pretty nice.

Cyberspace huh? Interesting concept.

The art also captured my attention, it is superb in skill and invokes a captivating atmosphere. But the concept, despite being interesting, isn't very original. Nonetheless can be the basis of a great story.

Quote:

Anidb has the original author doing the screenplay for the anime,that's a rare sight.

I read it too, but I doubt it, they have some inconsistancies in aniDB, like the official page link points to Kodansha Air... we'll see.

Quote:

Man,ZEXCS are now doing two shows I'm looking forward to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemiSoda (Post 4183520)
And Zecks? WHAT?! First a shojo and now a sci-fi? Is the world collapsing ?:heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 4183552)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4183563)
Hope they won't ruin this time.

I agree with all that the studio isn't exactly one of the best out there, but at least they tend to pick interesting source material to animate... or ruin :heh:

By the way concerning the director, he did a good job with Kaibutsu Oujo OVA, at least much better than the TV run managed in two cours :uhoh:

Cosmic Eagle 2012-05-30 09:54

I'm still quite badly traumatized by how horribly they mangled Itsuten....

Kismet-chan 2012-05-30 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malkuth (Post 4183501)
Studio: ZEXCS

Forget it. They butchered ItsuTen (and two other anime with fairly decent source material that I was looking forward to seeing adapted).

So sad to see, once AGAIN, something with a fair amount of potential get ensnared by ZEXCS' greasy little clutches. *Shakes my head*

MisaoFan 2012-05-30 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 4183677)
I'm still quite badly traumatized by how horribly they mangled Itsuten....

At least imagine when ItsuTen gets animated by a excellent studio with a FMA:B director (which means closely following the source material without changing things or adding filler material much).

Cosmic Eagle 2012-05-30 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4183737)
At least imagine when ItsuTen gets animated by a excellent studio with a FMA:B director (which means closely following the source material without changing things or adding filler material much).

Will virtually never happen....anime cost money to make...

Mura 2012-05-30 11:33

Wow, was this just announced? I had no idea this would be getting an anime but I'll be looking forward to it all the same. I love the fact that Kitamura Eri is in this as well.

Merry 2012-05-30 11:51

I like the char designs for the females and the story sounds like something that's totally up my alley... But ZEXCS? A definite turn off. I might give it the 3-episode rule, but if I catch any major red flags in the first episode (or in any promo vids/commercials that come out), I'll avoid this like the plague.

OceanBlue 2012-05-30 16:08

Haha, I saw ZEXCS and was about to complain but it seems plenty of people have gotten to it already :heh:. I like the premise though, even though it's super vague. This is one of those things which could turn out really great or really awful.

Malkuth 2012-05-30 16:32

About ZeXCS:

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi, Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Omamori Himari, Koukaku no Regios -> Major screw ups, storytelling was incoherent

Fortune Arterial: Akai Yakusoku, Rental Magica, Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo -> OK, made sense, and had good and bad moments

Onii-chan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janaindakara ne!!, Macademi Wasshoi!, Wagaya no Oinari-sama -> These three, I actually liked, the had coherent storytelling, and episode/arc escalated smoothly

But as already said, their animation up until now is substandard, but at least not flash, and since we have no clue who will be responsible for the series' composition, I have no clue in which category this will end up... and as OceanBlue wrote the story premise can lead to the best and worst :heh:

totoum 2012-05-30 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malkuth (Post 4183660)
TI read it too, but I doubt it, they have some inconsistancies in aniDB, like the official page link points to Kodansha Air... we'll see.:

Did some checking, there's an ANN article that says he's the screenwriter,they're using yaraon as a source and yaraon used ZEXCS' twitter as a source so I'll guess the info is correct.

I'm not really sure the original author doing the adaptation is a great idea,writing a novel and a screenplay are two very different things.
As for the director,his lack of storyboarding credit (apart from ep3 of princess resurrection OVA) doesn't inspire much confidence from me but I'll be glad if both surprise me.

OceanBlue 2012-05-30 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 4184300)
I'm not really sure the original author doing the adaptation is a great idea,writing a novel and a screenplay are two very different things.

Haven't there been other series that have done this only to turn out to be pretty poor? Mayoi Neko Overrun comes to mind. To be honest, though, the reaction to that show in the thread scared me :heh:, so I didn't watch it and I don't really know how it turned out.

Malkuth 2012-05-30 17:39

Quote:

Did some checking, there's an ANN article that says he's the screenwriter,they're using yaraon as a source and yaraon used ZEXCS' twitter as a source so I'll guess the info is correct.

Good digging :D So this is indeed rare, but I wouldn't worry too much about this, because for one in adaption the person responsible for the series' composition is more crucial since he will be responsible for pacing and consistency, and having the original author writing the dialogues will help a lot, provided the first does his/her job properly... and I can think of many that don't :rolleyes:

Quote:

As for the director,his lack of storyboarding credit (apart from ep3 of princess resurrection OVA) doesn't inspire much confidence from me but I'll be glad if both surprise me.

I never thought about it, but you're right... it makes sense since storyboarding is a crucial step before directing. Nonetheless, the first 2 episodes of kaibutsu Oujo OAD that he directed were the least decent, maybe too flashy which I guess has to do with his experience with key frames :uhoh:

totoum 2012-05-30 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malkuth (Post 4184349)
Good digging :D So this is indeed rare, but I wouldn't worry too much about this, because for one in adaption the person responsible for the series' composition is more crucial since he will be responsible for pacing and consistency, and having the original author writing the dialogues will help a lot, provided the first does his/her job properly... and I can think of many that don't :rolleyes:

I assumed that by announcing he was the writer for the anime it was implied that he'd be doing series composition + all the scripts.
When there's only one writer they sometimes don't bother giving a series composition credit,see ano natsu de matteru as an example.

Kismet-chan 2012-05-31 00:52

Quote:

I'm not really sure the original author doing the adaptation is a great idea, writing a novel and a screenplay are two very different things.

I actually would not agree with this in the general scheme of things. They're obviously different, but closer together than you think. Good authors also study screenplays/screenwriting and take certain elements from that knowledge to improve their own craft. However, most writers of manga plots and LNs have likely not done this sort of study, so I can see what you're saying in this particular scenario. I personally only agree with original authors working on adaptions when it comes to anime if I have some sort of verifiable proof that they're pretty good at multiple kinds/aspects of writing.