AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   (L) Nisekoi (Komi Naoshi - Double Arts) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=108172)

Westlo 2011-11-05 16:32

Nisekoi (Komi Naoshi - Double Arts)

New series starting in JUMP Issue #48.

http://i.imgur.com/wMKcC.jpg

A Romantic Comedy from Komi Naoshi the mangaka of Double Arts.

There is a one shot for this already translated, from what I've read the serialized manga has quite a few changes from the one shot though. So maybe it's best to wait until you've read the proper manga before the one shot so your expectations aren't changed....

Johnny 2011-11-05 17:13

Just checked out the raw...
Spoiler:

Nightengale 2011-11-06 03:56

Scanlation is out.

The debut chapter isn't particularly outstanding 'per say', but there's really only so much one can do with this kind of set-up.

I'm happy about the characters and the dynamics of the relationship thus far, at least. It's very expressive, without feeling too subdued or being too unrealistic.

But man... what a tweest...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny (Post 3843709)
Not sure what the deal was with her holding the key at the end...

Spoiler:

Johnny 2011-11-06 04:15

^Ah, looks like...
Spoiler:

SoFarGone 2011-11-06 05:06

oneshot is better as of now.

ShiroiRyu 2011-11-06 05:11

I confirm : the thing she is NOT the one is good.

Aesthetic Shampoo 2011-11-06 07:53

I liked chapter 1 more than the one shot. I didn't see the twists coming.

typhonsentra 2011-11-06 10:09

Generic romcom comic is generic. Seriously, they could've tried to do something, anything new but didn't.

jzmagic 2011-11-06 10:53

I liked the oneshot, hopefully this doesn't get cancelled.

Irenicus 2011-11-06 10:56

Can anyone say, Slap Slap Kiss? :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale (Post 3844540)
Spoiler:

Alternatively, she is The One after all, but for some convoluted reason the other girl is holding the key in safekeeping. This twist has a precedent in a certain genre-defining harem romantic comedy. It's less fun that way though.

Okashira 2011-11-06 11:25

The girl from the one shot was soo much better than the ones in the serialization (a forced to become perfectionist due to a romantic deception); besides that the serialization is pretty much better in every aspect, it flows better, has a more complete premise with a love triangle and is less cheezy where it needs to be less cheezy.

Not incredibly original nor anything, but it has the chance of flowing naturally into a fun yet not new story.

Nightengale 2011-11-06 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenicus (Post 3845015)
Alternatively, she is The One after all, but for some convoluted reason the other girl is holding the key in safekeeping. This twist has a precedent in a certain genre-defining harem romantic comedy. It's less fun that way though.

Yeah... That Legendary RomCom, which told of legends of The Promised Girl as well leaving so much fiery battles behind over The Victorious One and The One Who Should Had Won.

I never liked that tweest, so I'll go with the assumption that she is not The One until hinted otherwise later on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okashira (Post 3845051)
The girl from the one shot was soo much better than the ones in the serialization (a forced to become perfectionist due to a romantic deception)

But the romantic deception hasn't even happened unlike the one-shot. :confused:

Unless you're referring to something else in particular.

Okashira 2011-11-06 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale (Post 3845058)
But the romantic deception hasn't even happened unlike the one-shot. :confused:

Unless you're referring to something else in particular.

The one from the one shot was the perfectionist, and the deception was that she tried to fulfill the "always together" local legend and the other part didn't seem interested in the least.

Also, she was cuter :heh:

The one from the serialization seems to be a simple run out the mill kind hearted extremist tsundere, the other one is the usual soft spoken inchou.

felix 2011-11-06 11:47

Uh... kinda feels disappointing. I (still) don't like gorilla girl; though she's a tad better in this version. I actually liked how the focused on the families more then the classmates in the oneshot, felt like this was a step back. Well maybe it gets better later on since the setting is pretty good and easy comedy territory.

jzmagic 2011-11-06 11:48

There's going to be some stiff competition for the rom-coms in WSJ to not get cut, especially since it isn't kind to this genre.

Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa
Magico
Nisekoi

It's unfortunate but I expect at least one of those will be cancelled.

Narzia 2011-11-06 11:49

I just can't see this running for a long time. Double Arts had it's own world that could be explored, a story that could've reached a large scale. Not to mention a nice dynamic between the two leads.

This? This has nothing. It's your run-of-the-mill shounen romcom. It doesn't even have a particular twist that makes it original. It really feels stitched-together out of several cliches.
I hate to be always pessimistic like this but I honestly can't see anything beyond the usual shounen stuff: misunderstandings, lack of depth, no progress and a lot of humor that is, probably, not of the good kind.

I can already see the cancellation.

felix 2011-11-06 11:51

@jzmagic

Don't think Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa is likely to get canned.

asbo 2011-11-06 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narzia (Post 3845082)
I just can't see this running for a long time. Double Arts had it's own world that could be explored, a story that could've reached a large scale. Not to mention a nice dynamic between the two leads.

This? This has nothing. It's your run-of-the-mill shounen romcom. It doesn't even have a particular twist that makes it original. It really feels stitched-together out of several cliches.
I hate to be always pessimistic like this but I honestly can't see anything beyond the usual shounen stuff: misunderstandings, lack of depth, no progress and a lot of humor that is, probably, not of the good kind.

I can already see the cancellation.

What's all the hate about?
From the first chapter it seems that this new manga is pretty good, btw magico will be cancelled

jzmagic 2011-11-06 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by felix (Post 3845085)
@jzmagic

Don't think Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa is likely to get canned.

His track record isn't too great, with Mx0 and Pretty Face, both rom coms getting canned. Whether its safe right now or not, I'm not sure what the rankings are, but I'll always be on guard for a potential axe.

I think Magico might be the safest out of the 3, because it doubles as a battle manga and has a more expansive universe that can be explored. Of course I'm also biased so I hope it does survive if it comes down to it.

Merilyn Mensola 2011-11-06 12:23

I read the first chapter...the story introduction is good..i like it..

Well..look for this!