AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Ben-To (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=102122)

Kaoru Chujo 2011-10-11 12:55

I thought there was some truth in a post in Yuuki Aoi's 2channel thread that said this role for her was like a fish finding water (a Japanese expression meaning you find the place that suits you). Suits her comic skills very well, allowing her to give her vocal inventiveness some free play.
Quote:

Originally Posted by klare
...Ume keeps slapping Saito is not funny too....

Normally, I don't like that kind of violence, either. But for some reason, I actually found it funny here. Perhaps because it was so csomically extreme that I knew no-one was really getting hurt. And I liked the timing of everything, image and sound.

apr 2011-10-11 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo (Post 3802743)
I thought there was some truth in a post in Yuuki Aoi's 2channel thread that said this role for her was like a fish finding water (a Japanese expression meaning you find the place that suits you). Suits her comic skills very well, allowing her to give her vocal inventiveness some free play.

I, along with a buddy who also read the books, find Oshiroi abominable in the anime. In fact I can't even watch the anime because of her voice work. It's just so far removed from the way I imagine her in the novels.

Kaoru Chujo 2011-10-11 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by apr (Post 3802767)
I, along with a buddy who also read the books, find Oshiroi abominable in the anime. In fact I can't even watch the anime because of her voice work. It's just so far removed from the way I imagine her in the novels.

That's the plus and minus of Yuuki Aoi at her best. She goes with her gut and does what she feels. But it also means I'd better take a look at the novels, lol. Apparently no novel-readers have posted in her 2channel thread, since that's the first time I've seen anything but praise for her work here. The sound director here is one of the top hands, Aketagawa Jin, and I guess he was okay with the way she does the character.

Kitsu Breaker 2011-10-11 17:27

My Yuri hopes are here
Spoiler for size:

Candyshark 2011-10-11 18:11

Gags didn't hit me but fight scenes are awesome and voicework is stellar. Ise is less annoying. Ai being badass. A keeper.

Kyouka 2011-10-12 06:17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1of70...eature=related

awesome

Merilyn Mensola 2011-10-12 06:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyouka (Post 3803734)

Yes....this anime is awesome...and original....

the main male character is going to take many K.O....:heh::heh:

and i hope the Ice girl, and the blonde girl will fight for him...hahaha..i can't wait..

Kusa-San 2011-10-12 15:11

Do we know when the full op will be released ?

apr 2011-10-12 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kusa-San (Post 3804334)
Do we know when the full op will be released ?

OP Nov 2nd, ED Nov 2nd, OST Dec 21st.

Malkuth 2011-10-12 17:26

Watching this after Maken-ki, was really refreshing... funny, solid designs, nice 1st ep. structure.

On the down side, Sen... why the pantyhose, it ruined an excellent zettai ryouiki :(

Extra points for the last scene as well as the preview... hilarious :D

mangatron 2011-10-12 18:31

Episode 01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malkuth (Post 3804536)
On the down side, Sen... why the pantyhose, it ruined an excellent zettai ryouiki :(

lol are you kidding? This is my solace before I watched this series, as I found the premise difficult to picture. Man am I loving this. The second in my Fall lineup that features a pantyhose clad girl, I am so feeling the cold right now:heh: this is one moment where I would go against my strict upbringing and fight over food just to get kicked by Ice Girl, seriously :love: You can have UmeUme and leave the Ice-chan to me :D

Because it partly confounds me, what does it feel like being kicked by a girl wearing pantyhose and....boots. Combat boots... I used to laugh at those girls' half-boot half-shoe footwear back in Germany many years back, and I'm not going to lie: I did wonder back then what is it like to get kicked by them (they had a metal faceplate at the toe area of the shoe:heh:)

But anyways, I was wholly amused at discussions at a manga site that bemoaned yet another anime where the male lead gets beat up by girls. What. the heck. There are other guys who are getting kicked around, why single out the protag... unless there's some bias involved:uhoh:. Heck, I like this series. Sure you can say I'm just in it for Icey's legs, but I found it interesting she has such a club, let alone... that wall :heh:

Looking forward to getting stepped on more Ice-chan :love:

Shimapan 2011-10-12 18:37

Quote:

So, this is something like a Ben-Hur of bentos?
Actually, it's more of a Ben-HurfDurf than a Ben-Hur ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfriback (Post 3802715)
New wallpaper.
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/6...owall05.th.jpg

Being Sato is suffering.

Nice one - hope to see the blonde girl in ep. 2, looks like she can compete with the Ice Queen.

Quote:

Exactly. One of the reasons why I can't stand pantyhose.

ZeKeR 2011-10-12 20:26

After all the wading through texts....

its safe to assume....

Bento wars will now commence... will lulz be present too?

RX-78GP04G Gerbera 2011-10-12 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 3804634)
lol are you kidding? This is my solace before I watched this series, as I found the premise difficult to picture. Man am I loving this. The second in my Fall lineup that features a pantyhose clad girl, I am so feeling the cold right now:heh: this is one moment where I would go against my strict upbringing and fight over food just to get kicked by Ice Girl, seriously :love: You can have UmeUme and leave the Ice-chan to me :D

Because it partly confounds me, what does it feel like being kicked by a girl wearing pantyhose and....boots. Combat boots... I used to laugh at those girls' half-boot half-shoe footwear back in Germany many years back, and I'm not going to lie: I did wonder back then what is it like to get kicked by them (they had a metal faceplate at the toe area of the shoe:heh:)

But anyways, I was wholly amused at discussions at a manga site that bemoaned yet another anime where the male lead gets beat up by girls. What. the heck. There are other guys who are getting kicked around, why single out the protag... unless there's some bias involved:uhoh:. Heck, I like this series. Sure you can say I'm just in it for Icey's legs, but I found it interesting she has such a club, let alone... that wall :heh:

Stand together for the pantyhose!!! :heh: (not that Zettai Ryouiki isn't nice either, but yeah)

Marcus H. 2011-10-12 22:45

Looks like I'm not the only one entranced by Yarizui's beauty. :heh:

Hooves 2011-10-12 23:14

Ice Queen is the only girl that catches my eye in this episode. Either way, this anime is quite strange yet very appealing.. Certainly has some good comedy in it :heh:

I also may be very slow at this, but I just noticed that Ume is severely Yuri for Hana (which is hinted in the OP and when Ume snatches her really quickly). Just seeing that few seconds of the OP made me realize this :heh:

vansonbee 2011-10-12 23:59

Ditto ^^^

Ice Queen, I'm presuming her character would reign in yandere category and the blonde is a tsundere :D

FlareKnight 2011-10-13 02:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 3804634)

The protag was getting beat up by guys too so no point in people picking out one part of what happened there. In a fight for the bentos with the lead not being a strong fighter at this point it's no shock that he got hit by just about everyone. Since the Ice Queen was the strongest there, no shock he was taken down by her just like the vast majority.

Dahak86 2011-10-13 09:30

Quote:

Watching this after Maken-ki, was really refreshing... funny, solid designs, nice 1st ep. structure.

got to agree with that, finally something worth watching.
nice chara-designs, comedy gold, decent action, and last but not least: no 'chaotic/random madness' Horizon/MajiKoi-style. (sorry Horizon, you're dropped)
Sure, it seems to get a bit too shounen-ish at times, and it's still a bit lacking in the fanservice department, but everything else is perfect.

It was so good that I feel like posting some GIFs again... :heh:

RX-78GP04G Gerbera 2011-10-13 13:14

Ah, gotta love all the...um...action there... :love: