AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Sailor Moon (live action) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=1661)

WindStriker 2003-11-26 23:13

Sailor Moon (live action)

I have been keeping up with sailor moon and think that its well.... intresting. What do ya'll think about it?

P.s i am new at this if this is the wrong forum please tell me.

Coolisme 2003-11-26 23:22

I generally think it's ok.

Just some very dumb scenes like dancing while fighting. Those scenes made me laugh so hard. Really HILARIOUS!!!.

Love the girls though, Im pretty sure that's the only reason people actually watch it.

Koshiba 2003-11-27 00:12

Personally, I like the show. I think it's pretty good so far. ^-^ Although it's still kind of weird because magical girl shows don't make very good liveactions in my opinion. ^^; Oh well. I still like it~

DekaMaster 2003-11-27 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolisme
I generally think it's ok.

Just some very dumb scenes like dancing while fighting. Those scenes made me laugh so hard. Really HILARIOUS!!!.

Love the girls though, Im pretty sure that's the only reason people actually watch it.

You shouldn't assume things.

DekaMaster 2003-11-27 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindStriker
I have been keeping up with sailor moon and think that its well.... intresting. What do ya'll think about it?

P.s i am new at this if this is the wrong forum please tell me.

It's very good just ignore the people who are anti-live action.

Kay Hearts 2003-11-27 01:03

I like SMLA very much :D Itīs so fun!! yep, me too found some scenes quite silly but then again those are most of the ones that make me laugh harder ^^

I like itīs not a carbon copy of the manga or anime story and we are getting a closer look to the personalities and family situation of all the girls.

Only bad pints I still canīt addapt to are:

-Luna plushie/puppet xDD (I know an full time CG Luna is expensive but they could have done a better plushie)
-Youmas xDD (same as Luna, hope they could do all youma in cg but guess the budget does not allow it xP)

Relentless 2003-11-27 01:14

When I heard they were going to perpetrate this, I swore myself I wouldn't watch it unless it had:

a) Nude transformation scenes

b) That pair of lesbians

So far, no joy :frustrated:

BTW, wasn't Sailor Mars supossed to be wheelchair-bound (<-joke for those fans with memory, hehe)

VASH THE STAMPEDE 2003-11-27 01:42

it was funny i was just browsing the site and i hapen to see the sailor moon live action. iv seen the anime version and i didnt really care for it. But i like to give all things a chance. so i downloaded he first episode. UM ya lets just say i stayed up untill 5am downloading the rest and watching them all. OH and ep8 is 10% done lol.
OL sailor moon just got herself another fan.

JAPANESE CHICKS RULE!!!!!

Keitaro 2003-11-27 02:39

I passed this up a few times already, so I thought i'll dload ep1 just to see how it compares to the manga & Anime series. After watching ep1 I find it quite funny. When an anime/Manga show is done in live action it just weird seeing all the characters, its hard to get used it but i'll be dling the rest of the episodes I find it interesting. The sailor babes r cute too...

Coolisme 2003-11-27 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRanger
You shouldn't assume things.

You are right, I shouldn't assume things.

All in all, I really like it.

Personally I think the live-action series has more emotion than the anime.

Can't wait for sailor venus to join the team.

cbm5 2003-11-27 04:19

I keep watching it, but it never makes it to my CD burner. Mostly it's the fascination of watching a train wreck. Many of the scenes I believe were literally shot with a hand-held camcorder.

I'm not 14, Japanese, or female, so a lot of the show gets lost on me. In fact I'd be ashamed to admit I watch this, if not for the semi-anonymity of the Internet. The blatant marketing, the karaoke, the ceaseless pimping of Minako or whoever that singer is....

About three or four episodes in, I had a thought that made me shiver in horror, as it couldn't be true...OR COULD IT?!!? You know that C'est La Vie song they are ALWAYS playing. And you know how they are looking for Sailor V. And notice how "C'est La Vie" and "Sailor V" sound almost identical especially with the Japanese accent.

Yes. I'll let you think about that for a second. Is that a groan of ultimate suffering I hear?

And the latest interaction with Minako and the piano guy unfortunately seems to make this theory all too believable.

Serious brain-damaging material there. Actually I'm awfully sad that the parody fansubs are no longer being produced, they made me laugh way too much. Especially the parodies of the commercials....Evil Kitty Evil Kitty Evil Kitty Buy our new Evil Kitty Mind Control Candy Now! Basically the parody fansubs were the reason I was watching this.

I would have to say that Rei is not exactly difficult to look at, either. This disturbs me, though.

Shii 2003-11-27 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relentless
BTW, wasn't Sailor Mars supossed to be wheelchair-bound (<-joke for those fans with memory, hehe)

I thought they had actually found episodes of that and were distributing it, I was so sad when I found out it was just a Japanese drama :(

DekaMaster 2003-11-27 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolisme
You are right, I shouldn't assume things.

All in all, I really like it.

Personally I think the live-action series has more emotion than the anime.

Can't wait for sailor venus to join the team.

I agree. The live action has more character personality they are all not just one sided.

PocariSweat 2003-11-27 21:01

I find this show a challenge! Why?!! you ask? Well, because I've been watching the raws first. Really the show make a pretty good language tutor, in much the same way Sesame Street did when I was a kid :)

Anyhow, this means for better or worse, I had to watch very closely - sometimes repeating scenes several times until I could untangle the dialog. Here's some thing's I've noticed.

* Ami's glasses are not prescription - they're just plain glass, but she was embarrased to be seen without them! What?!! I know plenty of people who are embarrassed to start wearing glasses, but it's not like people start off wearing them. I could even understand it as a fashion accessory, but what on earth could make a child suddenly so embarrassed about showing her eyes *naked* that she'd get fake glasses? (PS this in no way changes the fact that - live action or not - Ami is still a hottie!)

* I swear to God, Sailor-V sounds like she almost has some kind of U.S. Southern accent (and a rather trailer-trashy one at that)! I don't know how that's even possible speaking Japanese, but just listen to her when she talks - kowai!!! :heh:

* Against all odds, I'm actually rooting for the pet shop turtle guy to hook up with usagi over Tuxedo Kamen (who's alter ego seems rather more creepy here). Just think, he could become "kame kamen" and toss pointy reptiles at youma! Ah, Gamera would be so proud.

* They all looked so kawaii in their Ganasta b-ball gettup! I predict these girls all have a bright future ahead of them in Japan's adult entertainment industry. :naughty:

Keitaro 2003-11-27 21:08

Since following this show I wonder what Drangon Ball live action would be like. Probably similar to this without the cute girls of course. :)

BME 2003-11-27 21:16

I follow this show, itīs so funny, unintentionally funny of course.

bghomie 2003-12-04 22:15

i like this live action sailormmon. but i absoulutely detest the fighting, it's liek i cna't even laugh, i look away form the screen thingking.. i'm 17 watching this show meant for kiddies or sumthin. i made a mistake, i dl the first 4 n burned them b4 watching. now i wish i had those cds back, lol. i still liek to watch b/c that nephrite i think (piano player guy) is cute. lol
and so is mamoru (sp, i think)

hell ya

DekaMaster 2003-12-04 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by bghomie
i like this live action sailormmon. but i absoulutely detest the fighting, it's liek i cna't even laugh, i look away form the screen thingking.. i'm 17 watching this show meant for kiddies or sumthin. i made a mistake, i dl the first 4 n burned them b4 watching. now i wish i had those cds back, lol. i still liek to watch b/c that nephrite i think (piano player guy) is cute. lol
and so is mamoru (sp, i think)

hell ya

http://www.spellcheck.com/

Izumi 2003-12-04 22:25

Personally I'm loving this series. ^^ Ami-chan is so cute~ And there are so many throwbacks to the manga (I'm hoping Sailor V will keep up her Princess guise :D) that it makes it a refreshing change from the anime.

Also, the storyline moves fast. There won't be 30 filler episodes before we get to Sailor Venus, that's for sure.

saku~ya 2003-12-04 22:31

It looks like next week Usagi uses her Moon power for something. I really want to get to the part where she becomes the princess. But that won't happen for probably for a couple of weeks. Since Sailor Venus hasn't discarded her 'fake' princess appearance.