AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Toshokan Sensou (aka Library War) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=57514)

NeoSam 2007-11-07 07:47

Toshokan Sensou (aka Library War)

The novel Toshokan Sensou by Arikawa Hiro is getting animated.

図書館戦争
Toshokan Sensou

Broadcast: 2008

Animation Production: Production I.G

Currently there are 4 volumes released of this novel series:

Author: Arikawa Hiro
Illustrator: Adabana Sukumo

There are 2 manga adaptations of this novel; one is a female oriented manga and the other is a male oriented manga.

Two manga adaptations:

A shoujo manga adaptation started serialization in the shoujo manga magazine LaLa on 24/10/2007.

A seinen manga adaptation will start serialization in the seinen manga magazine Dengeki Daioh on 21/12/2007.

NeoSam 2007-11-21 07:44

More info about Toshokan Sensou anime:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Broadcast: April 2008

Original Work: Arikawa Hiro
Director: Hamana Takayuki
Series Composition: Konuta Takeshi
Original Character Concept: Adabana Sukumo
Character Design: Nakamura Satoru
Color Design: Katayama Yumiko
Art Director: Ikeda Shigemi

Animation Production: Production I.G
Official site: http://www.toshokan-sensou.com/

The official site opens on 25/11/2007.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: MoonPhase

Siegel Clyne 2007-11-28 00:45

Toshokan Sensou is scheduled to air on Fuji TV in the Noitamina late night time slot.

nixie 2007-11-30 06:55

Something about an organization that destroys books that "harm" children and a group of people that fight against them? Reminds me of Kino no Tabi's Country of Books. :heh: Production IG + Noitamina, definitely something worth looking forward to.

NeoSam 2007-12-06 10:35

The novel series ended with the 4th volume which got released in November 2007.

Great to see the novel series ending before an anime adaptation starts :)

usagijen 2008-02-01 12:02

Wow, this series certainly surprised me. At first glance of the plot summary and the official site, I was thinking it's gonna be a real serious shounen show about a Library vs Media Regulatory Organization WAR. I saw the manga running in Lala a few months ago, and it has shoujo elements! I've started reading the novels just recently (yes, I got quite excited I bought the novels now), and liked the banter of the two main characters in the show, Iku (the manly girl), and Doujou, the girl's superior, 5 years older than her, but is smaller than her lol. It's like the "Library Lovely Complex" now xD

I posted a little preview of it here, and I'm planning to post more as I get to read more of the novel/manga :)

solomon 2008-02-02 02:38

Still have no idea what to make of it, the premise sounds like a slightly screwy version of a very I.G. type show (heavy on military related jargon and possibility for large scope) but then it's running in Noitamina, so it has to have something for the ladies as well.

Well Noitamina has only shown classy works (and if not that good ones) so far so, i'll give it a go.

NeoSam 2008-02-02 08:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by solomon (Post 1375722)
Still have no idea what to make of it, the premise sounds like a slightly screwy version of a very I.G. type show (heavy on military related jargon and possibility for large scope) but then it's running in Noitamina, so it has to have something for the ladies as well.

Well Noitamina has only shown classy works (and if not that good ones) so far so, i'll give it a go.

Things have changed, and Noitamina is targeted at a wider audience now, with anime adaptation of shounen and seinen manga being broadcasted on Noitamina.

Also, Toshokan Sensou is not a shoujo novel. The novel seires is published by MediaWorks, a publisher that aims at the male otaku.

usagijen 2008-02-02 23:44

I have yet to see the further volumes of the novel, but I'd say there's some shoujo elements in it (I'm referring to the romance angle in particular), more than one would expect from reading the synopsis and looking at the pic from the official site. Not to say that it's a "shoujo novel", but it's more like, a not-so-typical shounen novel, with a mix of different elements, action, romance, comedy, and what have you =)

Impz 2008-02-28 06:52

Well, if it focuses quite a bit on the understanding of "information", "information as a commodity", "information as social control" elements, I will be very interested. It will be in my field of studies ^^ Looking forward to it for sure!

MrProphet 2008-02-28 08:45

Sounds like Read or Die.

I'll check it out. Mass-marketization of Noitamina was inevitable, considering the ratings it's been pulling, but so far I was more or less sattisfied with all the offerings (except the newest one, but mass media has nothing to do with that).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Impz (Post 1428462)
Well, if it focuses quite a bit on the understanding of "information", "information as a commodity", "information as social control" elements, I will be very interested. It will be in my field of studies ^^ Looking forward to it for sure!

The path to success and popular acclaim in this thread = quote as much Marshall McLuhan, as you can. 8)))

I'm gonna have a field day!

Katapan 2008-03-14 19:13

━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━!!
The news I was eagerly waiting for seems to have surfaced sometime this week. We finally know who gets to sing the OP/ED themes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by www.toshokan-sensou.com/staff.html
# オープニング・テーマ:高橋 瞳「あたしの街、明日の街」
# エンディング・テーマ:Base Ball Bear「changes」

Opening theme sung by Hitomi Takahashi? Color me satisfied, I've always liked her anime tie-ups (it seems the Japanese audience doesn't like her as much as I do, though - after three doroku tie-ups, Noitamina is the new way to get her career going again? :eyebrow: ).
But the ending-- BBB! (will spare you my fanboy mode).

Anyway, I sure hope this can be the one show that'll restore my faith in the timeslot. The latest series were good, solid productions values and all, but just not great to me. And even if this ends up being the same, there's always Marina Inoue and BBB to listen to.

usagijen 2008-03-19 12:14

I'm really glad BBB is gonna do the ED song for Toshokan Sensou, yet another reason for me to LOVE this show!! 8D

I've been pimping this one as early as now, as I've gained insights on this from reading the novel and the mangas. I invite you to take a peek, at the world of Toshokan Sensou~~ xD

Inside Information on Toshokan Sensou - A 'Deep Frying' Prelude Part 1
Inside Information on Toshokan Sensou - A 'Deep Frying' Prelude Part 2

Westlo 2008-03-19 12:28

Thanks for the nice and informative read, Library War was already high on my list for Spring due to its time slot and Production I.G but now I'm really looking forward to it.

Mossygirl 2008-03-20 06:36

Thanks for putting up all that information, usagijen! This series looks like it will be quite to my liking :blush:

MercFH 2008-03-20 12:04

this looks like it shall be interesting. i like the character designs randomly too

MrProphet 2008-03-22 15:46

The character designs remind me of Takuya Saito's work in Reideen, another of Production I.G show which I watched for the looks.

Lets hope Toshokan Senso has a little bit more meat on its bones, shall we? 8)

solomon 2008-03-24 00:39

Hmm, it sounds cute. Really this would make more sense then what I originally thought the show was like. The plot made it sound like Farienhieght 415, but that would be a bit heavy for the general audience theyre targeting.

Let's hope for some of Reideens staff to animate it, story issues aside that show was BEAUUUTIFULLY animated.

Westlo 2008-03-24 01:40

Well I'm sure the Reideen staff will be doing this since the Moribito/Ghost Hound staff (are those two by the same I.G Studio?) are probably doing Real Drive.

Haohmaru 2008-03-26 11:49

screenshots http://www.famitsu.com/anime/news/1214308_1558.html. Looks great! Thanks usagijen for all the info. Definitely checking this out.

@Solomon, indeed. Reideen has one of the best animation I've seen from Production I.G. Too bad the cg was crappy.