AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   My HiME / My Otome (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Mai Otome - Program change (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26438)

Eclipze 2005-12-31 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by lone_wolf
Being half Japanese myself, I was informed by my mother that Christmas was a time for couples. It's more of a romantic holiday.

--Lone Wolf

Well, the origins of Christmas doesnt have a romantic relation at all...:eyebrow: (dont worry, I wont bother explaining). Probably the reason it seems *romantic* is due to the relation with snow....other than that, practically any other festive season/holiday can be *romantic* if you add your own element of romance to it...

Like, would it be romantic if you spend Valentines day at home rather than at a classy restaurant with flowers and wine and stuff?:eyespin:

lone_wolf 2005-12-31 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipze
Well, the origins of Christmas doesnt have a romantic relation at all...:eyebrow: (dont worry, I wont bother explaining). Probably the reason it seems *romantic* is due to the relation with snow....other than that, practically any other festive season/holiday can be *romantic* if you add your own element of romance to it...

Like, would it be romantic if you spend Valentines day at home rather than at a classy restaurant with flowers and wine and stuff?:eyespin:

I wasn't referring to Christmas having romantic origins....this is specifically how people from Japan treat this. Japan is not a 'Christian' country so my relatives don't treat it as a so-called Christian holiday....even though it has pagan origins...but anyway...this is going a bit off-topic don't you think.:eyebrow:

By the way, I'm part Japanese from the US, so I'm yes I know what the 'supposed' true meaning is;)

--Lone Wolf

babuji 2006-01-01 10:16

lone_wolf, so you are mixed parentage.

Hehehe, we have a japanese guy among us.

Off-topic......sorry.

wingsky 2006-01-01 10:34

ahh so long without mai otome... not long now until i can resume...

lone_wolf 2006-01-01 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by babuji
lone_wolf, so you are mixed parentage.

Hehehe, we have a japanese guy among us.

Off-topic......sorry.

Nooooooo!:(

I'm a woman. Look at my profile!

Oh well....seems like every month someone thinks I'm a male.:(

--Lone Wolf

PS: Sorry that this too is off-topic

lone_wolf 2006-01-01 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingsky
ahh so long without mai otome... not long now until i can resume...

Yeah, I know the feeling.:heh:

Everyone here seems to be experiencing a bit of anxiety as well. Can't blame 'em.

--Lone Wolf

Varion 2006-01-01 16:13

Quote:

--Lone Wolf

It's the general internet assumption, everyone you meet is male unless they type in large pink writing =) Often then they're assumed to be male too :p Don't worry about it.

Only about 4 days to go people :D

Kieli 2006-01-01 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valdra
It's the general internet assumption, everyone you meet is male unless they type in large pink writing =) Often then they're assumed to be male too :p Don't worry about it.

Only about 4 days to go people :D

If someone mistakes me for male (which happens more than I care to admit IRL even though I have long hair and wear skirts on occasion :eyebrow: Go figure) here, I'm going to have to wonder about their observation skills. *comforts LW* Poor kid.

wingsky 2006-01-01 19:38

New craze in america : people wear sandwich boards saying "I am a woman" or "I like pie" :D

Eclipze 2006-01-01 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingsky
New craze in america : people wear sandwich boards saying "I am a woman" or "I like pie" :D

That a very....nice crazy :twitch:

babuji 2006-01-01 23:47

Quote:

Nooooooo!:(

I'm a woman. Look at my profile!

--Lone Wolf

PS: Sorry that this too is off-topic

sumimasen na lone_wolf.

Didn't know you are a woman until I see your profile. I think I should start writing pink letters.