AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Kono S o, Mi yo! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=103642)

DragoZERO 2011-04-25 16:07

Kono S o, Mi yo!

http://i.imgur.com/ETeun.jpgKono S o, Mi yo!

Story & Art: KITAZAKI Taku

Description: 22-year-old Rin has two major problems; a complex about the tatoo-like birthmark on his butt and a crush on an older woman who thinks of him as her little brother. Rin hasn't allowed any woman to see his naked bottom since an incident when he was 7, which firmly entrenched his shame about his birthmark. When he finds his birthmark may grant him mystical powers over the opposite sex, will he finally be able to use his butt to his advantage? (Source: MangaUpdates)

Genres: Adult, Comedy, Drama, Ecchi, Harem, Romance, Seinen

Categories:
Spoiler:
Links: MangaUpdates
Get this manga thread template!
----

This is an interesting series that has some good story and drama to it. And I have to say, it's had some great twists so far.

Spoiler for Chapter 22:

oDin01 2011-04-25 20:39

Kono S wo Mi yo ranks on top of the seinen batch of manga I’m currently reading which includes Hetakoi, Velvet Kiss, and Nozoki Ana. The concept of the story is similar to Kitazaki Taku’s previous manga, Sakuranbo Syndrome and Cupid no Itazura Nijidama with a different twist added in. I also like the tattoo concept where it’s a gift and a curse. Best thing about the manga is Kitazaki Taku's character designs. Love how he draws women in their 20's/30's.

Ravenblitz 2011-04-25 20:54

heh definitely one of the best reads on my seinen/romance list would recommend this also Sakuranbo Syndrome

well i hope the scanlators would catch up

Shouta 2011-04-25 21:48

Kitazaki is one of my favorite manga authors currently, definitely check out this series (on Vol 6 now) and his other stuff if you can.

DragoZERO 2011-04-26 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by oDin01 (Post 3587146)
Best thing about the manga is Kitazaki Taku's character designs. Love how he draws women in their 20's/30's.

Actually, I really don't like the art here. The faces are always extreme.

Soviet 2011-04-26 14:07

Loved Sakuranbo Syndrome, even with its rather shitty ending. Kitazaki does some really good romance stuff.

I just finished reading Vol.5 of Kono S o Mi yo!, it finally delivered some explanations for Chizuru's irritating behaviour. Still hope Rin ends up with his childhood friend though.

oDin01 2011-04-26 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 3588021)
Actually, I really don't like the art here. The faces are always extreme.

Yeah the faces are a bit odd with the constant blushing. I'd still prefer it over the bland character designs of most manga.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soviet (Post 3588295)
Loved Sakuranbo Syndrome, even with its rather shitty ending. Kitazaki does some really good romance stuff.

I just finished reading Vol.5 of Kono S o Mi yo!, it finally delivered some explanations for Chizuru's irritating behaviour. Still hope Rin ends up with his childhood friend though.

I do like Makoto, but Rin has never thought of her as anything but a childhood friend. The vol 6 spoilers look very promising for Chiruzu. :heh:

aliasxn 2011-04-26 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by oDin01 (Post 3588327)
The vol 6 spoilers look very promising for Chiruzu. :heh:

Zomg, where did you find spoilers?!? :eyespin:

oDin01 2011-04-26 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliasxn (Post 3588358)
Zomg, where did you find spoilers?!? :eyespin:

End of volume 5 tanks it has 2 spoiler images.

Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled.

Shouta 2011-04-26 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by oDin01 (Post 3588423)
End of volume 5 tanks it has 2 spoiler images.

Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled.

It's just a bit of a tease. I have Vol 6 myself and those are a bit misleading.

aliasxn 2011-04-26 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shouta (Post 3588760)
It's just a bit of a tease. I have Vol 6 myself and those are a bit misleading.

Would you be so kind as to give us a summary? :D

lordshadowisle 2011-04-26 22:38

Kono S wo Mi certainly has an interesting premise. I liked how in the early chapters Rin went about experimenting with the limits of his powers; that's certainly how I would go about doing it ;). I'm also liking how someone else is using his powers for her own benefit (and amusement?).

I'll definitely like to see how things develop and if there are any new twists.

Spoiler for Random Thoughts:

Shouta 2011-04-27 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliasxn (Post 3588765)
Would you be so kind as to give us a summary? :D

Sure, I can try and write something up when I get home from work.

Shouta 2011-05-03 07:19

Sorry about being so late with this, I went on vacation so I didn't have a chance to do it.

Anyway, here's a pretty short/basic summary.

Spoiler:

Sorry about it being messy, I wrote that all at once and didn't bother to edit it.

Anyway, Vol 6 has alot of really nice panels of Makoto and tons of great looks/cute faces for her. Makoto's my favorite character in this Kitazaki series and I love all the time he spent on her.

aliasxn 2011-05-03 08:13

Thanx a lot!!

Spoiler for :

Shouta 2011-05-03 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliasxn (Post 3597715)
Thanx a lot!!

Spoiler for :

Well,

Spoiler:

oDin01 2011-05-03 17:30

Thanks for the summary Shouta.

A gift and a curse is the best description for the stigma.

Spoiler:

Shouta 2011-05-03 19:32

Manga is definitely not going to wind down. There's been no resolution the origin of the Stigma and no real resolution to who Rin will end up with. Then there's still Takako and Risa around too. I suspect the manga will run as long as Sakuranbo will with how the story is being paced.

Fawx9 2011-05-03 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shouta (Post 3598358)
Manga is definitely not going to wind down. There's been no resolution the origin of the Stigma and no real resolution to who Rin will end up with. Then there's still Takako and Risa around too. I suspect the manga will run as long as Sakuranbo will with how the story is being paced.

Well it might be, as you have that huge limiting factor of the marriage. I mean the author can't drag out the engagement forever can he? Something major has to happen with that sometime soon and that will probably put it into its final arc.

kujoe 2011-05-03 22:29

The stigma is being treated as if were a macguffin of sorts, I think. Similar to the other works of the author from the Cupid series (a mysterious male fertility disease, an age regressing disease, a super accurate spouse-matching program, and so on...), the stigma is just there to drive the plot while staying out of the actual human drama.

I won't be surprised if it doesn't get fully explained in the end.