AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L+CR) Working!! / Wagnaria!! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=84973)

NeoSam 2009-08-09 07:24

Working!! / Wagnaria!!

The seinen manga Working!! by Takatsu Karino will be getting a TV anime adaptation.

Working!!

Official anime site:
http://www.wagnaria.com/

The manga is serialized in the seinen manga magazine Young GanGan.
Currently there are 6 volumes released of the manga.

Covers:

Mangaka: Takatsu Karino

Young GanGan's page for the manga:
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/magazin...ction/working/

Genre: Seinen, Comedy

Midonin 2009-08-09 15:16

Jun Fukuyama and Kana Asumi as the leads. A nice pair. A variety of other factors (the source magazine, 4-koma, the work com environment), lead to this being one I'll keep an eye out for.

blitz1/2 2009-08-09 15:58

Umm, story synopsis please?

drobertbaker 2009-08-11 15:26

It looks like this is about the 1st family restaurant in Hokkaido and all the wacky characters revolving around it.

puretsundere 2009-08-15 21:40

From ANN:
The story is set in a family restaurant named Wagnaria in the northern Japanese prefecture of Hokkaido. Sōta works part-time among the restaurant’s high-spirited, mysterious, yet cool staffers.

From MangaUpdates:
Takahashi gets a job at a family restaurant... nothing remotely funny ensues.

Really, I'm not sure either is a great synopsis of the series. Again, based on the covers alone, I might give this series a try.

Haruyasha 2009-08-16 03:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz1/2 (Post 2570420)
Umm, story synopsis please?

They work...

Midonin 2009-12-04 11:26

The official website underwent an upgrade to its final form, revealing that this is also among the Spring '010 lineup. Also, after checking out the source material a little bit (only to forget it in about five months), Kana Asumi is a nice fit for Popura.

totoum 2009-12-11 09:44

Well I had always wanted a second season of "sketchbook full color's" but looking at the staff this looks like a "spiritual" sequel of sorts since most of the staff are back.Hopefully the music will be written by Ken Muramatsu.

So this is definatly on my "to watch" list

Midonin 2009-12-24 22:25

The first trailer (of sorts) is up, featuring Souta (voiced by Jun Fukyama).

Get to know your employees, and you shall know the series.

I expect more will follow.

billborden 2009-12-25 03:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midonin (Post 2836645)
The first trailer (of sorts) is up, featuring Souta (voiced by Jun Fukyama)...

Looks and sounds good; I'll be interested to see them pull this one off.

Sound of Azure 2009-12-25 04:24

Looking forward to checking this one out. Working in hospitality myself, I'm sure I can relate to the ensuing hijinks. :)

Midonin 2010-01-05 18:49

Another promo, up!

Obviously the other characters beyond Popura and Souta have voices, but it doesn't list who they are. I'll need to train my ears a bit. I do love the BGM they went with for this promo. It's danceable, and sort of reminds me of "Scramble".

billborden 2010-01-06 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midonin (Post 2854343)
Another promo, up!

Obviously the other characters beyond Popura and Souta have voices, but it doesn't list who they are. I'll need to train my ears a bit. I do love the BGM they went with for this promo. It's danceable, and sort of reminds me of "Scramble".

You know how, in every high school anime, at least one of the characters ends up with a job at a family restaurant? Well, this appears to be that restaurant, where they all work. I'm really looking forward to watching this one (but I think I'll avoid dinner there ;) )

Saber Cherry 2010-01-07 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by billborden (Post 2855834)
You know how, in every high school anime, at least one of the characters ends up with a job at a family restaurant? Well, this appears to be that restaurant, where they all work. I'm really looking forward to watching this one (but I think I'll avoid dinner there ;) )

It would be rather humorous if each episode had a cameo part-time worker from another series...

billborden 2010-01-07 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saber Cherry (Post 2857045)
It would be rather humorous if each episode had a cameo part-time worker from another series...

It'll never happen, but my god that would be great...

Dextro 2010-01-11 17:52

Ok this is now officially on my watchlist for Spring 2010, looks like it might be interesting :P

Midonin 2010-01-15 23:59

Time for another round of updates:

Finally got the rest of the main cast's voices:

Mahiru Inami: Saki Fujita
Yachiyo Todoroki: Eri Kitamura
Kyouko Shirafuji: Kumiko Watanabe
Jun Satou: Daisuke Ono
Hiroomi Souma: Hiroshi Kamiya

Now to go rewatch that Comiket trailer and catch the voices again, now that I know who's actually voicing them.

Speaking of trailers, next up is Popura. Go Go Kana Asumi!

Midonin 2010-01-29 20:38

These character trailers are a great way to get everyone up to speed on the rest of the cast. Kyouko's just went up.

Midonin 2010-02-05 07:24

Another round of new info:

The OP and ED - "SOMEONE ELSE", sung by Asumi, Fujita and Kitamura and "Go to Heart Edge", sung by Fukuyama, Ono and Kamiya. Both have samples up.

Mahiru's trailer is also up.

And the cast list for Souta's sisters revealed. From oldest to youngest (the characters, not the voice actresses):

Kazue - Ryoko Shiraishi
Izumi - Yoko Hikasa
Kozue - Shizuka Itou
Nazuna - Momoko Saitou

Edit: It turns out that "SOMEONE ELSE" has been the BGM in the trailers thus far. I may have found one of my favorite OPs for this year, though there's still the entire rest of the spring season to take into account.

kyouray 2010-02-19 11:57

Jun's trailer is up and we've also a new CM spot.