AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Those random moments (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=92331)

yoropa 2010-03-23 21:36

Those random moments

So I looked through the thread index, and couldn't find any thread like this. In here, you essentially share small, completely random moments of your life that just happen without much consequence before and after. So something like finding the love of your life and then later getting married isn't really one of those moments. These moments are fleeting, benign, and otherwise would be irrelevant. But it is such moments of life that make your life transgress beyond the mundane!

I will start with two moments like this from today.

I was walking out of the secondary building on campus today, which is where I take my math classes. As I walking out, I suddenly heard this clucking noise. I looked around, only to find that seven feet away from there, there were five chickens just minding their own business, pecking at the ground, on my school campus.

I was walking down the hallway of the main building today during a time of day when there aren't that many people occupying it. Suddenly, a green (American) football fell into my arms. Next thing I know, the Russian exchange student girl charges at me. She was blushing so much her face was red, and she essentially started speaking to me in Russian with a pretty excited tone of voice, all whilst practically clawing at my arms to get the football. To be honest, this was actually pretty dang scary and totally threw me off so much.

So really both those moments are irrelevant to our everyday lives, but I think the fun in life is to share such moments. So how about you guys?

Vexx 2010-03-23 21:48

Actually, it sounds like you missed a trigger flag to start the next phase of a visual novel with "Russian Exchange Student Girl" :)

I spent a couple of moments today watching a spider earnestly focus on trying to get an anchor thread for its web in place in my window.

Wrath88 2010-03-24 00:12

Vexx, normally the trigger flag comes with comprehension of the language the other person is speaking. I don't think yoropa understands Russian (does he?), thus there's no flag.

Someone was walking two dogs, one on a leash and the other without. The unleashed one followed me for quite a distance, but never came close.

idiffer 2010-03-24 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoropa (Post 2969949)
So I looked through the thread index, and couldn't find any thread like this. In here, you essentially share small, completely random moments of your life that just happen without much consequence before and after.

i would make this thread my diary then, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoropa (Post 2969949)

I was walking down the hallway of the main building today during a time of day when there aren't that many people occupying it. Suddenly, a green (American) football fell into my arms. Next thing I know, the Russian exchange student girl charges at me. She was blushing so much her face was red, and she essentially started speaking to me in Russian with a pretty excited tone of voice, all whilst practically clawing at my arms to get the football. To be honest, this was actually pretty dang scary and totally threw me off so much.

So really both those moments are irrelevant to our everyday lives, but I think the fun in life is to share such moments. So how about you guys?

yeah, our girls are scary. one of them hit me every time i spit on the ground.

actually, yesterday i had the same idea for a thread. but i wanted it to include anything unimportant, not only what happened to you. well nevermind then.

ontopic, today i wore my evangelion t-shirt for the first time. made me feel cool.
also, today my haruhi keychain fell off. luckily i caught it.

psycho_luny 2010-03-24 11:20

ehm this happened yesterday in the evening.
i was just walking on the street, just minding my own buseninss looking at the very few stars that where visible and along came these completely drunken girls and with "completely drunk" i mean they where wasted out of there head practicly not able to stand. so 1 falls against me and starts to mutter something i couldn't hear and out of now where she kisses me on the mouth. my completely freaked that she did that pushed her away from me, she regains her balance and starts to walk away laughing with the 2 other girls.

SaintessHeart 2010-03-24 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrath88 (Post 2970131)
Vexx, normally the trigger flag comes with comprehension of the language the other person is speaking. I don't think yoropa understands Russian (does he?), thus there's no flag.

Old man is an MIB. He might turn you into beetroot soup for speaking Russian. Joking. :D

Ah well.....

If you have ten minutes and nothing to do.....

yoropa 2010-03-24 16:48

I don't know any Russian whatsoever, sadly. Also psycho_luny, that is crazy! And yeah, idiffer, essentially this is the diary for random fun stuff that makes you love life.

Today, as I leaving the same building on campus, I saw the chickens again. They made love in front of me. Why do animals constantly have sex in front of me? Why? Does my presence "set the mood" or something?

Now I can update my list of "animals who have done it in front of me," which is now....
Monkeys, horses, ducks, mice, parakeets, dogs, cats, chickens

I'll share the horse one just because it's amazing. I was sitting on the beach facing the ocean, waiting for the sunrise, deep in existential thought. The sun began to shine, in all it's radiance and glory. Horses galloped in front of the sun, completely visible due to the large shadows they cast. The entire scene screamed nature, amazing nature. Then they fucked. A lot.

No existential thoughts can exist anymore in my head. It died. D:

JRendell 2010-03-24 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoropa (Post 2971205)
Today, as I leaving the same building on campus, I saw the chickens again. They made love in front of me. Why do animals constantly have sex in front of me? Why? Does my presence "set the mood" or something?

Now I can update my list of "animals who have done it in front of me," which is now....
Monkeys, horses, ducks, mice, parakeets, dogs, cats, chickens

I'll share the horse one just because it's amazing. I was sitting on the beach facing the ocean, waiting for the sunrise, deep in existential thought. The sun began to shine, in all it's radiance and glory. Horses galloped in front of the sun, completely visible due to the large shadows they cast. The entire scene screamed nature, amazing nature. Then they fucked. A lot.

No existential thoughts can exist anymore in my head. It died. D:

This thread is taking a turn for the worse :heh:

~

After walking to the car park after classes today at College, I saw a pidgeon poop on my friends car.

Nadeko_Sengoku 2010-03-24 21:54

Weeellll... today I found a rubber fishing lure in my pocket. I don't own any fishing lures and I do my own laundry, so I have absolutely no idea how it got there.

Jaden 2010-03-25 07:08

Well, there was an inorganic chemistry exam. It's not something I'm very good at so I had to repeat it, and to my dismay all the questions in the repeat exam were the exact same, and we had been courteously emailed the correct answers to each of them just a couple weeks back.

Only the last problem was changed from "name 6 sulfide minerals..." to "name 4 sulfate minerals.." and when I asked around almost nobody noticed it. What a terrible examiner.

psycho_luny 2010-03-25 07:16

this is actually happening at the moment.
a couple, down the street, are having a fight, and the wife just rushed out of the house and heads straigth to the car and starts to yell like a crazed person. she starts to kick the car and and she even kicked of a side view mirror. the guy is tryïng to stop her for causing more damage and they just headed back inside.
i gotta tell ya, i feel sorry for the dude. but i am reeeeally feeling sorry for the car. a freaking ford ranched:upset:.
here the question, why the hell would someone go for a guy his car. its his sanctuary, his 1 and only love.

Vexx 2010-03-25 09:45

because he may be an utter douchebag and she's frustrated beyond rationality at him?

There's usually two sides to any domestic quarrel.

JRendell 2010-03-25 11:54

There's a devout Christian at my College who continuously preaches around campus, often insulting other non-Christian or gay students. He's mainly ignored. However, today, he decided to stand up on one of the tables in the refectory, when it is at it's busiest, and start another of his speeches. Halfway through his speech, he shifted his feet slightly, and managed to break the table, and fall off onto the floor in a heap.

No one helped him.

psycho_luny 2010-03-25 12:11

geez that's messed up. everyone deserves help, preaching fool or not.

yoropa 2010-03-25 17:16

So this one is kinda sad. I was waiting outside of the room I take Calculus in, a bit before class began. As it turned out, it's next to the room of the school psychiatrist and guidance counselor. So this one girl who's a sophomore walked around the corner and then sorta stood there. I didn't pay much attention until she asked me if the proctor was in there, I think she thought that I was waiting to go in there. I said I didn't really know and she walked away. Then I took a quick peak in and realized the proctor was in there. So then I kinda ran to get her to tell her I was mistaken earlier. Then she thanked me and stood there waiting for the crowd to move.

Now here's the problem. My school is really small, and the way its society works, going to the psychiatrist is a sign of weakness. I noticed as she was talking to me her face was turning red and her eyes were watering. It must have been humiliating for her, having to ask an upperclassman senior about something like that. She probably is now lamenting that, thinking that I somehow look down on here.

Hopefully the psychiatrist was able to help her with whatever it is. I've noticed that during lunch she would be in the library or computer lab alone (which normally is my thing) so I think there definitely is some sort of problem here. It's really depressing to think about.

JRendell 2010-03-25 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoropa (Post 2972980)
So this one is kinda sad. I was waiting outside of the room I take Calculus in, a bit before class began. As it turned out, it's next to the room of the school psychiatrist and guidance counselor. So this one girl who's a sophomore walked around the corner and then sorta stood there. I didn't pay much attention until she asked me if the proctor was in there, I think she thought that I was waiting to go in there. I said I didn't really know and she walked away. Then I took a quick peak in and realized the proctor was in there. So then I kinda ran to get her to tell her I was mistaken earlier. Then she thanked me and stood there waiting for the crowd to move.

Now here's the problem. My school is really small, and the way its society works, going to the psychiatrist is a sign of weakness. I noticed as she was talking to me her face was turning red and her eyes were watering. It must have been humiliating for her, having to ask an upperclassman senior about something like that. She probably is now lamenting that, thinking that I somehow look down on here.

Hopefully the psychiatrist was able to help her with whatever it is. I've noticed that during lunch she would be in the library or computer lab alone (which normally is my thing) so I think there definitely is some sort of problem here. It's really depressing to think about.

Those could have been tears of happiness? She may have been glad that you actually ran to catch up to her and let her know. Sounds awfully like the building blocks of a Romance manga to me :)

yoropa 2010-03-25 18:08

I'm pretty good at interpreting a person's feelings, and she definitely was not giving off a happy vibe whatsoever, given the circumstances.

In much lighter news, I entered the commons to find one freshman guy groping a freshman girl's boobs, followed by her screaming and beating the crap out of him.

Walked by the commons five minutes later and suddenly there were 20 freshmen having a dance party....

psycho_luny 2010-03-25 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoropa (Post 2973047)
I'm pretty good at interpreting a person's feelings, and she definitely was not giving off a happy vibe whatsoever, given the circumstances.

In much lighter news, I entered the commons to find one freshman guy groping a freshman girl's boobs, followed by her screaming and beating the crap out of him.

Walked by the commons five minutes later and suddenly there were 20 freshmen having a dance party....

just talk to her, just ask how she's doïng and start to hang out with her if its alright with her. this will make her somewhat feel better about the situation. also let her know that you will not say it to anyone and if needed she can count on you, like if she wants to say anything that's troubling her and stuff.
(and no this is not date advice)
yay for the girl, i would have loved to say that happen. over here is sadly never happens.

but this happened 2 hour ago:
this guy and girl, completely wasted walked by the little somewhat of a creek and decided it would be fun to go skinny dipping in there. so they get undressed, jump in and start to scream loudly that the water is cold so they quickly get out but due to their drunkness they can't remember where they put their cloths so they start to search for their cloths and best part. while their doïng that 2 boys are watching with a completely red face and open mouths.
that's what i call early sex education:heh:

SaintessHeart 2010-03-26 03:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRendell (Post 2972531)
There's a devout Christian at my College who continuously preaches around campus, often insulting other non-Christian or gay students. He's mainly ignored. However, today, he decided to stand up on one of the tables in the refectory, when it is at it's busiest, and start another of his speeches. Halfway through his speech, he shifted his feet slightly, and managed to break the table, and fall off onto the floor in a heap.

No one helped him.

That is so wrong. You guys should heap books on him and break his neck. You are doing the world a favour by ridding us of another evil.

Seitsuki 2010-03-26 05:11

And by doing so does you've also made the world slightly worse by lowering yourself :s

on another note, I just got troll txts from some stranger asking me to go out with them (or at least I assume they're troll txts..)