AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fullmetal Alchemist (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 48 Discussion/Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=92100)

White Manju Bun 2010-03-14 05:18

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 48 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Episode 48.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Shiroth 2010-03-14 05:30

Another very nicely animated episode. I hope this is the standard now as to what we should see from this adaptation. Also very decent pacing, going by how much material they're covering. The show will probably stay at this pace, which is a good sign.

If anime only watchers love to see their Pride acting all twisted and evil, then this is the episode for you. :p

yajra03 2010-03-14 07:02

good episode!! another beyond epic, it was a bloody and creepy episode!!

Jeffry2009 2010-03-14 07:22

What in the Hell!? How could that scum Pride Betrays Gluttony & ate him alive!? What the hell is that all about!? :upset:

GaimeGuy 2010-03-14 07:48

Simple: Pride is the focus on oneself above all else. of course Pride would be willing to sacrifice his brothers and sister to save himself. That's what the sin is all about :P

Haladflire65 2010-03-15 04:27

Awesome, awesome epi, Selim was deliciously evil and Roy beginning his coup d'etat made me jizz in my pants :D It was great... But for some reason I thought Roy looked a little strange in this episode...

Vicious108 2010-03-15 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haladflire65 (Post 2958362)
Awesome, awesome epi, Selim was deliciously evil

Indeed. This fight does wonders for Pride's character and him eating Gluttony was actually slightly more disturbing than in the manga, which was nice.

Speaking of Gluttony, it is pretty sad how the point of his entire character is to make the good guys look cool by getting beat up over and over again.

Chapter only covered one episode, but the pacing was fine and makes me wish they'd go with a 1 chapter per episode ratio more often.

Only problem I had with the episode was that they didn't do these awesome Ed panels justice:

K_Babyy 2010-03-16 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haladflire65 (Post 2958362)
I thought Roy looked a little strange in this episode...

I did too haha, I think it was his hair. It didn't look right at all. Olivier also looked poorly drawn this week as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Twilight (Post 2959300)

Only problem I had with the episode was that they didn't do these awesome Ed panels justice:

I agree, it's a bummer. =/

This was a decent episode overall, I'm loving the 1 chapter per episode, but it's funny when you look back at the beginning and see how fast everything happens and how it starts slowing down durin the Briggs arc. It's understandable though.

Shiroth 2010-03-16 06:06

Quote:

We've come to expect that from this adaptation, which is a shame.

Great music placement this week, along with Pride eating Gluttony which was 100 times more creepy then the manga thanks to sound effects. Episode get's a 10/10 from me.

Krazzy Angel 2010-03-16 09:05

I was going to give a 10/10 but the way the characters was drawn compelled me from not doing so.

germanturkey 2010-03-16 10:42

so i herd there waz an urthquake warning? oh well. we'll make due like we did last time, except we won't have Winry's underboob to tide us through.

Shiroth 2010-03-16 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by germanturkey (Post 2959941)
so i herd there waz an urthquake warning? oh well. we'll make due like we did last time, except we won't have Winry's underboob to tide us through.

It's just a few beeps and a warning sign that doesn't last for that long. Nothing major.

germanturkey 2010-03-16 15:38

ah, i was half expecting a map again. anywho, this ep moved along swiftly. it was okay as far as i'm concerned. Gluttony getting eaten was pretty freaky. chomp chomp chomp.

Kanon 2010-03-16 18:20

Quote:

Speaking of Gluttony, it is pretty sad how the point of his entire character is to make the good guys look cool by getting beat up over and over again.

I kinda felt sorry for him in this episode. All he did was cry while getting beaten up, and then he gets eaten by his "brother"... he was fodder to the end.

Shiroth 2010-03-16 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 2960342)
I kinda felt sorry for him in this episode. All he did was cry while getting beaten up, and then he gets eaten by his "brother"... he was fodder to the end.

It was the "Help me Lust." which really hit me. :(

Noe 2010-03-16 18:32

Pride now ate Gluttony. Pretty sympathetic.

GaimeGuy 2010-03-16 18:49

Gluttony was always a giant punching bag, even in the first half of the series.

IIRC, he attacks scar on 7 or 8 different occasions, and gets blown up from the inside each time. It's kind of funny XD

Haladflire65 2010-03-16 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaimeGuy (Post 2960361)
Gluttony was always a giant punching bag, even in the first half of the series.

IIRC, he attacks scar on 7 or 8 different occasions, and gets blown up from the inside each time. It's kind of funny XD

Heh, all I really remember about Gluttony is that wailing howling scream of his...

saravis 2010-03-16 19:49

Gluttony always was fodder, which you have to wonder if it was intentionally ironic, considering. Anyway I noticed some of the bad animation scenes and it didn't bother me too much. The episode was awesome and pride is one evil SOB. I hope his defeat is glorious.

quigonkenny 2010-03-16 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by saravis (Post 2960411)
Gluttony always was fodder, which you have to wonder if it was intentionally ironic, considering. Anyway I noticed some of the bad animation scenes and it didn't bother me too much. The episode was awesome and pride is one evil SOB. I hope his defeat is glorious.

No surprise there. Many religious scholars consider pride to be the worst of the seven sins, and the one from which the others arise. Of course Pride the Homunculus is going to be the oldest and most evil... ^_^