AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - Light Novel Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106418)

Allen 2011-08-21 08:18

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - Light Novel Discussion

Author: Kawakami Minoru

Illustration: Satoyasu

LN official? site

Quote:

In the far future, humans abandon the devastated Earth and move to the upper world "Tenjo". But Tenjo and the law of causation collapse by a war and humans returns to the Earth, which has turns into an inhabitable planet except for Shinshu area. Shinshu is too small to accommodate all the humans, so they duplicate the are and create "Juso Sekai". In order to rebuild Tenjo and the law of causation, the returned humans start reproduction of history from B.C. 10,000. When the reproduction completes until A.D. 1413, a war breaks out in Shinshu and Juso Sekai falls onto the original world. The humans living in Juso Sekai lose their land and invade the original world. People in Shinshu surrender and is divided by the invaders from Juso Sekai. They try to resume the history reproduction from A.D.1457, but the update of history terminates in A.D.1648. A rumor of apocalypse begins to spread the world.
An introductory video of the LN:

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon (Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere) is a series that has three volumes:
The first and second (of three) books of the fourth volume are coming in september and october. Horizon is known for the thickness for each book and for the huge amount of informations. Just for curiosity:

Volume 1: 1300 pages
Volume 2: 2100 pages
Volume 3: 2400 pages

It would be the equivalent to 19~20 volumes of normal light novels.

And it looks like the "prologue" finally ended after the third volume :heh:

Marcus H. 2011-08-21 08:22

Quote:

Volume 1: 1300 pages
Volume 2: 2100 pages
Volume 3: 2400 pages
Quote:

equivalent to 19~20 volumes of normal light novels
Quote:

"prologue" is finally entering its final stage after the third volume
O.o

Well, that's quite a mountain of words for a prologue. :uhoh:
Unfortunately, the chances of having the light novels translated by Baka-tsuki is quite small as of the moment.

Dragonkid11 2011-08-21 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 3736949)
O.o

Unfortunately, the chances of having the light novels translated by Baka-tsuki is quite small as of the moment.

"Reading numbers of pages per book"
"Thinking what a long prologue for volume 1"
"See this post"
"Go ape"

Seriously,what,that's more like telling history of a non-existence world than an "opening" to the fictional universe.

MisaoFan 2011-08-21 08:46

I wonder if Azuma is a boy with a trap face, no ?

Marcus H. 2011-08-21 08:54

^ I don't know if he or she's Fujioka Haruhi or Urushibara "Daga, Otoko da" Ruka. :eyespin:

Khalil 2011-08-21 10:39

I'll just wait until October when the anime starts to find out.

Kunagisa 2011-08-21 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 3736974)
I wonder if Azuma is a boy with a trap face, no ?

Azuma is a guy.

Also volume 4 goes on sale October, and it seems like it'll be split into 3 parts again, with the second part coming soon (probably a month after like the previous volume), and maybe 2 months after for the last part?

http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/img/main1109/3.jpghttp://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/img/main1110/5.jpg

Pretty cool chara design, whoever this is.

Zetsuen_no_Myuu 2011-08-22 21:41

Will any brave soul who have read the light novel be willing to do a summary of the prologue?

Flower 2011-08-22 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 3736949)
O.o

Took the words right out of my mouth ... 5800 pages of intro material?!

Wow....

Asuras 2011-08-22 21:47

I like how only those who can read Japanese can truly converse about this VN. :heh:

Marcus H. 2011-08-22 21:53

Being non-Japanese is suffering. :heh:

larethian 2011-08-23 01:01

instead of waiting for Baka-Tsuki to translate this and that, I think it's faster to study Japanese intensively. about 30 hours a week for a year, you should be able to tackle most LNs and even normal bunkos without a dictionary. half that, and it will take you 2 years, which is still faster than waiting for BT to translate the tons of light novels you want to read. if you can live with using a dictionary or if you already know Chinese, you will need less time. it'll be best if you can go to good classes for at least the first 500 hours of study to build a strong grammar foundation, which is very essential for Japanese.

BOT, I'll decide whether I want to read this after the anime ends and comments from the readers on the disparities.

Xion Valkyrie 2011-08-23 01:59

There's an anime coming out for this?

Allen 2011-08-23 03:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eternal Aselia (Post 3738955)
Will any brave soul who have read the light novel be willing to do a summary of the prologue?

I can try to do something later, but I'm really busy now. And I still haven't had time to even starting reading the third volume...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie (Post 3739203)
There's an anime coming out for this?

Yes.

Xion Valkyrie 2011-08-23 04:35

Oo, thanks.

Definitely going to check it out in the upcoming season.

Allen 2011-09-04 17:45

Finally finished reading the third volume and wow, I really hope that the anime will have a third season now, because this volume was just too awesome to not be animated. And more than that the “prologue” is over, is more like the “Part 1” (of 3?) is over.

We already have a lot of awesome candidates to be the “last boss”, some flags of new relationships and some important hints about the true part of the plot. I am very eager for the next volume =3

And I tried to do a simple summary (but it didn't turn out like I planned lol) for the first volume. Rough translations and there may be some mistakes, but if you still want to know something there it is :D

Spoiler for Basic knowledge (History):

Spoiler for Basic knowledge (Organizations):

Forgot this (copying from the anime thread):
Quote:

-Basically, because of an order stating only students can fight, the only warriors are students.
-The student age limit in Japan is 18, however in certain countries there is no age limit. Therefore, there are also old men who are students.
Spoiler for Basic knowledge (others):

Spoiler for Musashi Characters V1:

Spoiler for Mikawa Characters V1:

Spoiler for Tres Espana Characters V1:

Spoiler for K.P.A. Italia Characters V1:

Spoiler for Volume 1 Part 1:

Spoiler for Past:

Spoiler for Volume 1 Part 2:

Spoiler for Conclusion:

Aoi Toori 2011-09-04 22:54

Spoiler for oh wow:

Marcus H. 2011-09-05 03:02

Clue for the Mortal Sin Armaments [Loizmoi(?) Oplo]: they are all Ancient Greek.

Spoiler for Meanings:

Translating from Katakana to Greek is a pain in the ass.

As for the Testamenta Arma...

Spoiler for More Meanings:

Allen 2011-09-06 05:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helios Olympus (Post 3755418)
Spoiler for oh wow:

The first volume (1 cour) is going to be something like a general introduction, so I think it'll have enough time to show (almost?) everything. Just don't forget that in the summary there is just the serious scenes, Horizon definitely isn't just this :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 3755594)
Clue for the Mortal Sin Armaments: they are all Greek.

Spoiler for Meanings:

Translating from Katakana to Greek is a pain in the ass.

So it was really something like that. Thanks for translating these names. Later I'll edit the names on the previous post.

akern1984 2011-09-06 11:44

Wow great on translating on the first two novel volumes Allen.
Are Asama Tomo and Kimi really a yuri couple or is this just speculation?.