AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Daa! Daa! Daa! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=10031)

Kempis Curious 2004-03-23 18:32

Daa! Daa! Daa!

There are relatively few animes out there which make me say "YAY" when I see a new episode available, Daa^3 is one of them.

I didn't care much for the "bad guys" in this set of episodes, though it's still a great series.

The end of this episode has got me worried... is the forum sticky correct that there are really 78 episodes? It seemed that the ending of this ep was a sudden "thanks for watching the series, we got suddenly cancelled" sort of thing.

I remember Ranma 1/2 did the same thing after the first season, and didn't come back until the storyline was retooled to be more wacky. :( Can anyone soothe my fears?

-k

curious

hentai_wolf 2004-03-23 23:25

That's just the end of the first season. There really are 78 episodes.

suguru 2004-03-23 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
There are relatively few animes out there which make me say "YAY" when I see a new episode available, Daa^3 is one of them.

I agree, it always makes my day when a new Daa!Daa!Daa! episode is out, I'm really glad AnimeOne picked it up and has been sticking with it. Supposedly the series has a good, conclusive ending that ties everything up well rather than leaving things up in the air, so I'm looking forward to seeing it after all 78 eps are subbed.

Maybe if I'm lucky AnimeOne will sub Mirumo next :)

DragonNinja 2004-03-24 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by suguru
Maybe if I'm lucky AnimeOne will sub Mirumo next :)

What's Mirumo ?

suguru 2004-03-24 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonNinja
What's Mirumo ?

It's "Mirumo de Pon!"--it's currently on it's 3rd or 4th series in Japan, if you like Daa!Daa!Daa! you'd probably like it also. Hikari no Kiseki subbed the first 8 episodes, but no new eps have come out since last October :upset:

It's a shoujo comedy about a middle school girl, Kaede, who runs across Mirumo, a somewhat self-centered prince from the fairy world that comes to live with her. It's got a good cast and the requisite love triangle between Kaede, her crush Yuki-kun, and another girl who's her rival for his affections. Kaede's rival has her own fairy, Yashichi, who she keeps threatening to flush down the toilet if he doesn't find a way to get Yuki together with her and thwart Kaede. It's just a light, fun series with a good cast--hopefully it'll get licensed someday by someone who won't edit the heck out of it, or someone will pick up where HnK left off and sub more.

DragonNinja 2004-03-25 05:47

We Started Subbing Daa @ Nov 2002 .. its March 2004 now with 39 eps to go so hehe long way to go b4 we think about doing a old school project once more

:)

Kempis Curious 2004-03-25 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonNinja
We Started Subbing Daa @ Nov 2002 .. its March 2004 now with 39 eps to go so hehe long way to go b4 we think about doing a old school project once more
:)

And thanks for subbing this great series :bow:
[nostalgia]
I've been following it since the beginning... it was the first DiVX file I ever downloaded way back when, and I watched it without sound the first time. :)

Once I figured out the sound codec, I finally heard the opening theme and realized I had been grooving to an MP3 of it I had for a long time before. :thinker:
[/nostalgia]

I myself prefer Daa^3 over Mirumo, I think Miyu and Kanata and more interesting than the couple in the other anime. I'm also still amazed that after 39 "baby episodes" Daa^3 is still going strong. It proves that good writing and attractive art can make an unlikely anime idea work.

-k

Yamano667 2004-03-25 23:54

they might license before its done :D

bluemist 2004-03-26 07:49

I hope not.

I watched Daa! Daa! Daa! on my local TV, dubbed of course. But nothing beats the original Japanese voices on this one.

I guess comedies like this one are sadly lacking in anime nowadays.

mayukhers112 2004-04-16 20:35

Daa! Daa! Daa!

Has anyone seen this series? I've heard a lot of good things about it, but have yet to see it......it's 78 eps, right?

Mr_Paper 2004-04-16 23:22

I've seen about half of it and and it's enjoyable, a little repetitive after a while but still fun to watch. And, yes, it is 78 episodes in length.

suguru 2004-04-17 00:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayukhers112
Has anyone seen this series? I've heard a lot of good things about it, but have yet to see it......it's 78 eps, right?

I really like it, there's a good cast and a lot of laugh out loud moments. I was really happy when AonE picked it up, they've done a great job with it so far, and seem to be on a steady 1-per-month pace.

FeiFongWong 2004-04-17 01:36

I have it up to 39, hehe now gotta wait, and wait, and wait. I have all the files on my comp, since this anime always need help with seeding. I always check the site once in a while to see where a seed is needed. Little side note, ep. 37 is not listed on animesuki, but when you get to the Got Woot page, 37 is listed. Also there are 2 listings of 25-36 on Got Woot. I dunno wassup, but I have the second one on that list, since it's the one that is identified on the animesuki page. Nice sweet series.

FeiFongWong 2004-04-17 03:06

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

For all of you who are downloading Daa!Daa!Daa! episodes 25-36, the Got Woot page list 2 verisons of this download. One is [AonE]Daa_Daa_Daa_25-36, and th other is [AonE]_Daa_Daa_Daa_25-36. Notice that the first one listed has no lower dash between [AonE] and Daa one is like this [AonE]Daa the second is listed like this [AonE]_Daa. Well the second listed [AonE]_Daa is the one that is listed on the animesuki page, telling the number of seeds and leechers. Well the files inside the folders are EXACTLY THE SAME.

I seed for this series often so I wanted to check and downloaded both folders. Since the second verison is listed on animesuki it makes it easier for me to check when you guys need seeds. I only have the second verison completed, I only download the first verison to check the contents of the folder. I am seeding for the second verison as we speak. Anyways, you can just download the second verison of the file, then cut and paste all the files from the first folder to the second one and they will replace the ones that are newly downloaded, like an update. Then you just restart your download and it will resume from where you left off.

I don't remember if this works for basic BT client, well I use Azureus and everytime I download anything it allocates space for the file as though it were complete. I've done this before for other files so that I can seed series like Kanon on other sites where the renamed the files that I had.

Right now the first verison has 10 leachers no seed and the second verison has 6 leachers and me seeding.

evil|plushie 2004-04-17 05:44

Ending

I've seen the ending, and it's not very good -_- Kinda cliche

Quarkboy 2004-04-17 06:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil|plushie
I've seen the ending, and it's not very good -_- Kinda cliche

Frankly, I would expect nothing less from my favorite cliched anime! That's one reason why I love it so much!

guenthar 2004-05-07 02:26

Daa! Daa! Daa!

Does anyone know if Animeone is still doing this series?

Thank you to anyone who replies.

Itlandm 2004-05-07 09:20

78 episodes? It looks exactly like it ends at episode 39.

(That said: What's with its sudden popularity? I went to the Resharing page and suddenly there were 3 Daa Daa Daa cluster packs in the top page??)

I've only read the first pages of the manga, but it seems to focus more on the attraction between the two young people while the anime focuses on the baby.

bluemist 2004-05-07 09:29

It looks like it ended at 39 but it didn't, it's merely the half of it.

On our local TV it was shown, all 78 of it.

I hope AonE would continue this series. I think it took them 2 years to get into 1/2 of it though...

AnimeOni 2004-05-07 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemist
It looks like it ended at 39 but it didn't, it's merely the half of it.

On our local TV it was shown, all 78 of it.

I hope AonE would continue this series. I think it took them 2 years to get into 1/2 of it though...

I hope they also continue. As to the TL time, they are just as fast as Tnk by A-E. I guess good things come to those who wait. I'm in no rush.