AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fan Creations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Sig artists - Competition (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=60426)

UnsunGunner 2008-01-05 15:56

Sig artists - Competition *renders up*

It seems that we have quit a few sig artists in this forum. Has the forum ever done a competition before? I think it would be quite interesting to see one. Say we use a agreed upon render and everyone given an alotted amount of time. It might be a hassel to do but it could be quite fun. If anyone is interested in such a thing please let me know.

Attention, Please Pm your name if you wish to be on the list It will end up being to hard to track if its on this thread, not to mention time consuming. Please only send me one PM and I will update the list according. I haven't thought of a deadline yet.

*ESTABLISHED RULES *
Competition ends next Sunday at 7pm eastern January 13th
Anyone found turning this into a popularity contest will be Dqed.

Must use 1 of the 4 renders supplied
I will be taking the results you can pm them too me and I will add them to a folder
To clarify you can use all the renders, or just one, but you must use at least one of the supplied renders.

There will be more rules to come. This post will be updated accordingly.

Had a hard time choosing renders, and had a hard time finding male renders, but i hope these will suffice.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/1/...%20Renders.rar

List so far

UnsunGunner
geki~
Element_Echo
Thingle
Rhyel
Deathkillz
DarkZedEx
mimi_girl
Bornsatin
KasumiGirl
Miko Miko
King of Lycans
Yuyusama
Kira_Naruto
Terrestrial Dream
CrowKenobi

geki~ 2008-01-05 16:28

I think something similar was discussed here once already. Well whatever the cause, I´m in.

UnsunGunner 2008-01-05 16:43

Sorry I didn't look hard to see if their was one. Howd that discussion go?

Thingle 2008-01-05 17:00

Fell through.

UnsunGunner 2008-01-05 17:07

Unfortunate. Well worse comes to worse it'll be a small competition, but I'm not too worried.

Epsilon 2008-01-05 17:15

Yeah a very very small competition, alot of people are still new to designing and won't enter once they see other people's creations.

Deathkillz 2008-01-05 17:16

I'm sure we can organise something to get a little sporting contest started. But we first need to know how many wants to join ^^
How about asking those who want to join to put their name forward in this thread and set a certain time before closing the entry list?

Epsilon 2008-01-05 17:18

I'll join but chances are i'll get DQ'd for not making anything >_<
I have a busy lifestyle now.

Put my name down anyway

Thingle 2008-01-05 17:18

Im in. Who else?

tripperazn 2008-01-05 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Element_Echo (Post 1328870)
Yeah a very very small competition, alot of people are still new to designing and won't enter once they see other people's creations.

How about setting a deadline and making the initial submissions to the OP by PM? The voting can start after the deadline when all the sigs are released at once in it's separate thread.

Epsilon 2008-01-05 17:20

Sounds like a plan

UnsunGunner 2008-01-05 17:34

Sounds good, how would we like to do this? All people are force to use the same render or? everyone has free range on what there allowed to do? Judges? and who will be keeping track of this list? ^_^

Rhyel 2008-01-05 17:44

I am in too. :)

One week is a good time, I think. Start at Monday, finish at Sunday. One week to voting too.

Renders is good, but to vary more, maybe random themes or based in an episode of Anime X or Y is good too.

tripperazn 2008-01-05 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnsunGunner (Post 1328895)
Sounds good, how would we like to do this? All people are force to use the same render or? everyone has free range on what there allowed to do? Judges? and who will be keeping track of this list? ^_^

IMO, using a standard scan allows for easier comparison and forces the artists to create something new. Almost everyone has a REALLY kickass signature, so it'd be hard to judge if you give that kind of freedom to choose.

Since the best judges are the graphic designers themselves and they are competing, I think we should just vote openly. Signatures are more about mass appeal, anyway.

As for list of competitors, the first post should keep an updated list.

UnsunGunner 2008-01-05 17:58

first post is that me?

UnsunGunner 2008-01-05 18:00

UnsunGunner
geki~
Element_Echo
Thingle
Rhyel

All those who have openly agreed to join

I'll be keeping the list, please state clearlly that you intend to join the competition as for renders we can discuss that further. I'd like there to be some rules. Free range isnt ideal. That can always be done later but as for a starting competition I'd like their to be a set render or set anime inwhich this is based upon, but if this is against the wish's of the masses please let me know.

Epsilon 2008-01-05 18:04

Please make it set render as some people are not as skilled in rendering/finding images than some people. [plus I'm lazy to find out who is in which anime]

Deathkillz 2008-01-05 18:19

Well I am sure sephi chan will be happy to donate some of his renders when he wakes up and finds this thread :heh:

yeye put me on the list as well ;)

tripperazn 2008-01-05 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnsunGunner (Post 1328919)
UnsunGunner
geki~
Element_Echo
Thingle
Rhyel

This should be in the opening post for easy reference.

I think we all agree on single render as base, that takes away some advantages of being a very well established sig-maker who probably have many more sources for quality renders. But how do we choose that render?

Also, there needs to be parameters on the signatures themselves. I think we should have one of the requirements be AS usable, the limitations would push creativity rather than technical artistry.

Secondly, voting needs to remain anonymous. The signatures will not be labeled with the artist's name to prevent this from degenerating into a popularity contest. Any artists trying to campaign for their submissions should be DQ'd.

UnsunGunner 2008-01-05 18:28

Attention, Please Pm your name if you wish to be on the list, it will end up being to hard to track if its on this forum. Only send me one PM and I will update the list according. I haven't thought of a deadline yet.

List so far
UnsunGunner
geki~
Element_Echo
Thingle
Rhyel
Deathkillz