AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 553 (manga) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=84813)

marvelB 2009-08-04 08:11

One Piece - Chapter 553 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's that time of the week again, folks! Credit goes to aohige for translating the summary:

-This week's colorspread is the Straw-Hats in swimsuits. Chapter title is "battle of the highest".

-Whitebeard's tsunamis are frozen by Aokiji, as some have already guessed. The admiral then goes after Whitebeard himself, but the mighty captain does his air-punching stunt from before and shatters the admiral to pieces. The division commanders then step onto the newly frozen water, which they decide to make their battleground. The vice-admirals (including Tsuru and Garp) step up to fight against them......

-Mihawk tries to get the jump on Whitebeard, but Jozu blocks the attack with his body. It seems that he's a diamond DF user. Kizaru attempts to attack Whitebeard as well, but this time Marco is the one to protect his captain. It seems that he has some DF power where blue flames come out of his body. He tells his enemies that they can't have a piece of the king, just yet......

So finally we see the commanders in action! I'm particularly interested in Jozu's ability, because for the longest time I was wondering if there would be a diamond diamond fruit user for Zoro to test his abilities against (funny how his opponent even ended up being Mihawk of all people.....). As for Marco's power, I'm pretty sure that he's not another fire Logia, yet he still had flames come out of his body, anyway. Hmm.... well, his power should be explained after the break's over, methinks.....

Heh, I find it pretty interesting that both Aokiji and Kizaru attacked Whitebeard right away, but not Akainu. Maybe he's decided to be patient and wait for the right opportunity to unleash his wrath on the king of the sea? Perhaps we'll see him shine next chapter (but not before we see the rest of the commanders/VAs/NW captains in action first! ;)).

And once again, time to wait for pics! :D

andy 2009-08-04 08:27

Awesome the war has begin and the big boys jump in right away.

Rurik 2009-08-04 08:29

The spoilers sounds perfect, can't wait to see the full chapter

marvelB 2009-08-04 08:41

By the way, it seems the reason Mihawk attacked Whitebeard was because he wanted to test himself, or as quoted from aohige's trans:

Quote:

I just want to know. How far I am from that man.

Quite interesting, indeed......

Rawrz 2009-08-04 08:50

So the almighty world strongest pirates were relying all over devil fruits from captain to division commanders...Quite sad.

Im glad Aokiji got rid of those tsunamis without any other admirals help.Wouldnt be too hard for someone that can freeze an entire ocean.
Kizaru got himself some nice enemy.Starfire/Nova scifici stuff or something I guess.
Akainu is just not caring and staying there patiently, kinda looks scary.Now that even the second strongest pirate Marco got his rival, it is pretty much clear that Akainu may be on par with Whitebeard.

Prestige 2009-08-04 08:51

Aohiges translation of spoilers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aohige
The colored pages are of everyone in swimsuits
Chapter title: Battle of the Highest

The two tidal waves are both stopped by Aokiji's Ice Age.
He attacks Whitebeard from the sky with rains of spears made of ice,
but Whitebeard simply punches the air, and shatters all the spears as well as Aokiji himself into pieces.

Because the sea is frozen, the division captains of WB's ship comes down from the ship and walks on it, commenting on how it's become easy to travel on.
(nja assumes they are probably all ability users)
Vice Admirals, with Otsuru and Garp vs division commanders 4~12? (he's not sure)

Mihawk attacks Whitebeard with the world's most powerful swordslash.
But division captain 3 (Jozu?) stops it with his body. He's entire body is made of diamond.

Kizaru flies to the sky too, and uses Yashagarasu? (nja is not sure)
And attacks Whitebeard with multiple rays of beams, but division commander 1 Marco stops all of it. He has blue flames coming out of his body.

It ends with Marco telling him you can't have the king right away you know.

Their fruit names and ability were not explained yet.
Damn epic spoilers, cant wait for actual chapter... this is getting better and better but no One Piece on next week though...

SMASHERJACKSON 2009-08-04 08:54

interesting, wonder how much is fake and not, guess well see when trans scans come out - regarding the diamond df, didnt zoro once mention being able to cut it or something? Also since 2 admirals have there handfuls doesnt that leave an opening for akainu?

Crusader 2009-08-04 08:55

Holy throw down fights this chapter seems to be one of great excitement. Too bad the other straw hats are missing out on world history.

paradox13 2009-08-04 08:59

Quote:

interesting, wonder how much is fake
Usually aohige's spoilers aren't fake.

Epic chapter indeed. Can't wait to see ppl bitch about there being too many devil fruits. You heard it here first.

marvelB 2009-08-04 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawrz (Post 2558593)
So the almighty world strongest pirates were relying all over devil fruits from captain to division commanders...Quite sad.

I think that the majority of NW pirates being DF users is to be expected. Besides, just because they have DF powers doesn't mean they can't use Haki, either. I know people are expecting to see characters who are badass enough to fight admiral-level opponents without DF powers, but those characters' abilities would be kinda limited when compared to an ability user, so I can understand why we have a bunch of them duking it out in this war. Still, that doesn't necessarily mean that there won't be any non-power users showing up in this war......

....And besides, this would be a good excuse for Oda to show off some of the craziest powers yet! I'm still crossing my fingers for an Ancient/Awakened Zoan to appear so he can kick ass and take names......

kari-no-sugata 2009-08-04 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 2558523)
Heh, I find it pretty interesting that both Aokiji and Kizaru attacked Whitebeard right away, but not Akainu. Maybe he's decided to be patient and wait for the right opportunity to unleash his wrath on the king of the sea? Perhaps we'll see him shine next chapter (but not before we see the rest of the commanders/VAs/NW captains in action first! ;)).

Maybe Akainu is poor (relatively) at long distance attacks - which is what everyone else attempted. I can't imagine too many would want to go close combat with Whitebeard, since failure = instant death, most likely.

Anyway... either Akainu is biding his time or he's more of a hand-to-hand type, which makes him more likely to be a Zoan.

AddiKtioNn-BlaCk 2009-08-04 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawrz (Post 2558593)

Well, Shanks and Rayleigh don't have Devil Fruits, and from what we know, Mihawk doesn't either. Plus Rayleigh said that the New World is filled with people with powers that we only surpass his wildest imagination so I'm not really surprised by that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 2558523)

I think Oda is trying to build up the hype and speculation for Akainu. For those who speculation that Sengoku might fall in this war, Akainu may be strong enough to deal with Whitebeard being as though I see being the future Fleet Admiral

seiji_kun 2009-08-04 09:46

Got to love Ao Kiji for helping the WB pirates making one hell of a cool entrance. Would be cool if WB summoned those cause he expected Ao Kiji to freeze them and create a battlefield.

And seems Kizaru has a thing for facing first mates. Zoro, Rayleigh and now Marco. And I hope Mihawk will proof that he's able to cut diamond. I hope he does beat Joz. And can't wait to see Sengoku's reactions. And damn, nothing on Luffy yet.

game2007 2009-08-04 10:05

Diamond Logia? It all boils down to see if the pic shows Jozu's body becoming shiny and glittering.

And why is it people want Haki to replace Devil Fruits. so much? DF is what makes the series unique in the first place otherwise everything would boil down to making people faint, swinging swords, fist fighting, and the same stuff over and over.

Master Mold 2009-08-04 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by seiji_kun (Post 2558704)
Got to love Ao Kiji for helping the WB pirates making one hell of a cool entrance. Would be cool if WB summoned those cause he expected Ao Kiji to freeze them and create a battlefield.

And seems Kizaru has a thing for facing first mates. Zoro, Rayleigh and now Marco. And I hope Mihawk will proof that he's able to cut diamond. I hope he does beat Joz. And can't wait to see Sengoku's reactions. And damn, nothing on Luffy yet.

As soon as Joz turned into a diamond man to go up against Mihawk, it is over for him.

In any case......the WG can cry now.

AddiKtioNn-BlaCk 2009-08-04 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Mold (Post 2558751)
As soon as Joz turned into a diamond man to go up against Mihawk, it is over for him.

In any case......the WG can cry now.

Do you seriously believe Jozu is going to beat Mihawk?
Please tell me you're joking.

Master Mold 2009-08-04 10:22

I don't think I said Joz will beat Mihawk, its the other way around. it was already foreshadowed that Mihawk can chop up diamond, as of now I am really disappointed in Oda for not coming up with something better for Mihawk to go up against.

AddiKtioNn-BlaCk 2009-08-04 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Mold (Post 2558779)
I don't think I said Joz will beat Mihawk, its the other way around. it was already foreshadowed that Mihawk can chop up diamond, as of now I am really disappointed in Oda for not coming up with something better for Mihawk to go up against.

I mean based on your comment, I couldn't tell which one you were referring to.

paradox13 2009-08-04 10:53

Quote:

Anyway... either Akainu is biding his time or he's more of a hand-to-hand type, which makes him more likely to be a Zoan.
Zoans suck.

Why are ppl so eager to see more zoans? Just for variation's sake?

:/

Quote:

Do you seriously believe Jozu is going to beat Mihawk?
Please tell me you're joking.
I don't think you should underestimate Jozu so quickly.

james0246 2009-08-04 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by game2007 (Post 2558739)
Diamond Logia? It all boils down to see if the pic shows Jozu's body becoming shiny and glittering.

For some reason, I am reminded of the diamond alien form from the cartoon series Ben 10...