AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Forum & Site Feedback (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Proposal: One thread for all! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=100086)

milan kyuubi 2010-12-28 07:02

One thread for all!
 
I been thinking, recently there were some members who wanted to have their accounts deleted (disabled). Now my proposal is why not just merge all those threads into one, so all future members can post in one thread only. Instead creating new thread every time. Something like 'change your username thread' instead of having each member creating new thread when they want a new name, they just post in one. Or how we have only one thread for introducing are self instead of many (why not have that kind of a thread for this to). This way it would be more organized and easier for you and other members to see which members had disabled accounts (in the past).

Here are some threads I found, they may be more but I was unable to find. Of course if you don't want to merge all those threads for some reason then why not create new thread just for this purpose?

Thanks for listening me :)

Kusa-San 2010-12-28 08:11

I don't think there are enough thread for that. I mean, it's not something frequent at all (and I hope it's not btw :heh: ).

felix 2010-12-28 09:00

Members with disabled accounts can be distinguished by both the title and username.

milan kyuubi 2010-12-28 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by felix (Post 3411568)
Members with disabled accounts can be distinguished by both the title and username.

My point was to have one thread where some members can make their requests (instead of many). Seeing which member had their account disabled is just a bonus.

Also is it not this forum policy that if we have one thread on some subject we can't create double threads on the same subject?

felix 2010-12-28 09:32

The problem is: there are already a few thread and people are just not posting in them.

And if finding who had their accounts deleted is "just a bonus", then what is exactly your interest in this? You want your account disabled like the other "oh I spend too much time here, and can not stop" or "oh the boogie-man is after me" people?

Frankly, from a keeping the forum tidy point of view, given the members in question will have no say in the matter once the account is deleted the thread they used should be deleted as well (as it serves no purpose, other then a useless example).

milan kyuubi 2010-12-28 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by felix (Post 3411598)
The problem is: there are already a few thread and people are just not posting in them.

Probably because mods lock them up after completing their requests.

Quote:

Originally Posted by felix (Post 3411598)
And if finding who had their accounts deleted is "just a bonus", then what is exactly your interest in this? You want your account disabled like the other "oh I spend too much time here, and can not stop" or "oh the boogie-man is after me" people?

Non in the above, there are some members (as me) who would like to see which member(s) wants their account disabled and which member are already disabled. Just as I got to check to see 'change your usename thread' to see which members got their name changed, I would like to see also which members want their accounts disabled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by felix (Post 3411598)
Frankly, from a keeping the forum tidy point of view, given the members in question will have no say in the matter once the account is deleted the thread they used should be deleted as well (as it serves no purpose, other then a useless example).

Then why don't we do that with the 'usename thread' as well. Once the user gets his name changed that thread can be deleted to. And by doing this with my idea it would mean keeping the forum tidy. From what I saw mods only lock those threads up. So wouldn't be better to just have one thread for such purpose. Again I'll say the same things mods always say ' before creating new thread, please use search function to see if such thread already exist'. Why would this be any different for this?

felix 2010-12-28 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by milan kyuubi (Post 3411722)
Again I'll say the same things mods always say ' before creating new thread, please use search function to see if such thread already exist'. Why would this be any different for this?

Because it's not a discussion! Changing ones nickname or deleting ones account, are not topics to discuss, they are just requests. Arguably they shouldn't even belong here, since they are not "feedback". These things should be options next to Contact Us, and preferably implemented as a specialized form you fill in (with some auto-generated log for people to check).

Change Username (log) - Account Termination (log) - Contact Us

Example log
Code:

[ACCEPTED] XXX => YYY
[REJECTED] AAA => BBB

Automating it would save them the trouble of checking the time between requests as well (among other things), but whatever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milan kyuubi (Post 3411722)
Non in the above, there are some members (as me) who would like to see which member(s) wants their account disabled and which member are already disabled. Just as I got to check to see 'change your usename thread' to see which members got their name changed, I would like to see also which members want their accounts disabled.

But didn't you just say earlier that's merely a "bonus"? Like I said, if that's what you wish, go to the member list page (it's very clear which accounts are disabled).

Quote:

Originally Posted by milan kyuubi (Post 3411722)
Probably because mods lock them up after completing their requests.

You can do a search by thread title. You then et a list of all the people who've requested their accounts be disabled. Basically at the moment you get exactly what you want... at least what I think you want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milan kyuubi (Post 3411722)
Then why don't we do that with the 'usename thread' as well.

That thread serves as a reference to those who have changed their name. Sadly vB still uses the old shitty system of "registering username/password" instead of just authenticating with the email provider (or at least allow login using your email rather then your username) -- honestly why do people even build system like this anymore? Anyway, if after the request they login from the same machine/browser it shouldn't be a problem, since the "remember me" cookies uses your userid, not your nickname. However if they don't do that (or clear their cookies or something on close) it's possible for them to become confused trying to login with their old nickname.

I can understand wanting to know when someone changed their name, since that can be confusing in retrospective to rehashed discussions you may have already had with the user. But as I see it, when someone requests for their account to be disabled, it's their own business -- and if you were frequenting their profile or such, you would have a very clear signs of the fact anyway.

Well whatever, I still can't figure out what exactly you want from this, but for the record I have nothing against the idea.

CrowKenobi 2010-12-28 20:58

As good as one thread for these requests is, the ulterior motive just doesn't wash.

Thread closed.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.