AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Manga] Naruto Chapter 523 Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=100692)

james0246 2011-01-12 09:05

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 523 Discussion
 
Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

It's been awhile, but spoilers are out...

Quote:

-Suigetsu and Juugo are shown looking for swords (where they are looking and how they are looking is unknown; also, why does Juugo need a sword?). Juugo comments on Suigetsu's pickiness in regards to his swords. In response, Suigetsu reveals that he will only use a superior sword because his dream is to one day lead the 7 Swordsmen.

-Cut to Team Kakashi vs. Team Zabuza (The names of all the Zombie Swordsmen are revealed). They engage each other in battle. (Not much is known about this part, but apparently Shikaku and Inochi appear to fight Zabuza while Kakashi battles Haku...though this part is slightly unconfirmed).

-Chapter ends with Kakashi about to pierce Haku's heart (with a Chidori?), while Zabuza is also about to cut Haku in half (to hit Kakashi?).

SuigetsuKun 2011-01-12 12:33

I bet this time Zabusa is going to rescue Haku - something he didn't do in the previous fight - because he hid his feelings.

DeDe 2011-01-12 13:03

More info since we have a script:

Names of the Swordsmen and their swords. Their names have a fruit theme.

Ringo Ameyuri (Little Guy) - The Thunder Sword Kiba. The sharpest sword.
Kuriarare Kushimaru (Tall Mask Guy) - The Long Sword Nuibari. It pierces through anything and sews it shut.
Hoozuki Mangetsu (Suigetsu's bro) - No sword. But master of all swords.
Munashi Jinpachi (Eyepatch Guy) - The Explosive Sword Shibuki. Charged with explosives.
Suikazan Fubuki (Fat Guy) - Former owner of Samehada
Akebino Jinin (Deidara Hair Guy) - The Dull Sword Kabutowari. Can break through any guard.

Shikaku and Inoichi don't appear. Instead it is a backup squad from the Nara clan. Kakashi uses them and a Yamanaka to get through the mist and strike the hidden Zabuza. Kakashi's plan is to have the Nara shadow bind Zabuza and the Swordsmen since they can't kill or talk-no-jutsu them. But as you can see by the ending, it doesn't work out that well thanks to Haku. Haku takes the raikiri blow for Zabuza and grabs Kakashi's arms. Then Zabuza goes for the kill. There is still a chance the Nara were able to get the shadow bind on Zabuza,

Choujuro is the only Swordmen left in the current generation. Zabuza's sword can repair itself through the iron in blood. More killing = repaired sword. Mangetsu is the second coming of Zabuza and a prodigy. Not Suigetsu as previously thought.

Sabaku Kyu 2011-01-12 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeDe (Post 3435083)
Kuriarare Kushimaru (Tall Mask Guy) - The Long Sword Nuibari. It pierces through anything and sews it shut.

Trying to imagine how this would actually be useful...guess it'll just have to be a surprise if we get to see the sword in action.

The spoiler just reinforces the thought that Suigetsu will be matched against Choujiro. It's pretty much a given if he really is the last living Mist swordsmen. Suigetsu will want Hiramekarei.

DeDe 2011-01-12 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu (Post 3435177)
The spoiler just reinforces the thought that Suigetsu will be matched against Choujiro. It's pretty much a given if he really is the last living Mist swordsmen. Suigetsu will want Hiramekarei.

It seems like Suigetsu was collecting the swords so he can reform the 7 Swordsmen and be their leader. Cause obviously he is not strong enough to do this by his own hand. So he would gather the swords and then form his little group.

It also appears he doesn't consider Chojuro to be a worthy Mist Swordsmen since he is a weak kid and not very brutal. Suigetsu's idea of the Swordsmen is from the old bloody Mist and different than what the Mizukage wants. So his group would be outlaws from Kiri. So Suigetsu will have to kill Chojuro to get his sword and remove him from the Swordsmen. In that case, Sui would lose and die since Chojuro is a good guy.

One thing we now know. There won't be a Old 7 Swordsmen vs. New 7 Swordsmen fight. There is only one left. Kakashi's group are on their own.

Sabaku Kyu 2011-01-12 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeDe (Post 3435201)
It also appears he doesn't consider Chojuro to be a worthy Mist Swordsmen since he is a weak kid and not very brutal. Suigetsu's idea of the Swordsmen is from the old bloody Mist and different than what the Mizukage wants. So his group would be outlaws from Kiri. So Suigetsu will have to kill Chojuro to get his sword and remove him from the Swordsmen. In that case, Sui would lose and die since Chojuro is a good guy.

From what we've seen, Choujuro only lacks confidence to stick up for himself most of the time. He's obviously pretty strong martially (sent Sasuke flying through a solid wall). But I agree Suigetsu would be put-off by his personality.

I'm not sure how far this subplot of Suigetsu gathering all the swords and reforming the 7 is actually going to be carried but there's little chance of him actually succeeding at it. So yeah, if there's fight between him and Choujuro, Suigetsu would probably lose and likely die soon after that. But overall, Suigetsu's a much more interesting character. So if he ended up winning I'd enjoy that more.

DeDe 2011-01-12 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu (Post 3435248)
I'm not sure how far this subplot of Suigetsu gathering all the swords and reforming the 7 is actually going to be carried but there's little chance of him actually succeeding at it.

To be honest, it will probably be forgotten after this fight. It's not exactly a huge priority for Kishi. We are seeing Suigetsu after over a year away from the manga because he is is able to provide background on the Swordsmen and their swords. So he can play a role now. But after they are defeated, Kishi will move on to other zombies and forget about Sui. Like he already did for a long time. I think Suigetsu will be allowed to live, but his goal will be left open ended since he can never achieve it. As minor as Choujuro is, he will not die. Nor will the Mist go back to its old ways.

Rahan 2011-01-12 16:32

I don't see how anyone can think Suigetsu will fight Choujuro of all people when its confirmed his own brother is on the battlefield and that he summoned a sword.

Suigetsu is not going to go rogue with his mini organization, he is going to fight alongside the alliance in this battle.

This is going to be a long battle is Kishi adds a sword every chapter. (Zabuza's last chapter, Mangetsu's this chapter)
At least, it means Naruto's training is going to end soon since Bee currently hold a sword and will have to get involved. Guess Kishi couldn't kill Haku again without showing him the improved Naruto.

Sabaku Kyu 2011-01-12 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahan (Post 3435384)
I don't see how anyone can think Suigetsu will fight Choujuro of all people when its confirmed his own brother is on the battlefield and that he summoned a sword.

Suigetsu is not going to go rogue with his mini organization, he is going to fight alongside the alliance in this battle.

Well, whatever. He's going to confront a Mist swordsman for a sword let's say that. Given Suigetsu doesn't know the whereabouts of any of the swords yet, it's going to be all about what he learns, what he decides to do and who he encounters (or who encounters him)

Luminion Lancer 2011-01-12 20:31

...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu (Post 3435503)
Well, whatever. He's going to confront a Mist swordsman for a sword let's say that. Given Suigetsu doesn't know the whereabouts of any of the swords yet, it's going to be all about what he learns, what he decides to do and who he encounters (or who encounters him)

-Too bad for him, Samehada's heart belongs to Killer Bee. Unless Suigetsu can satisfy her...chakra appetite (hah, had ya going there) then I'm afraid he's S.O.L.

-That aside, this is sounding like a big blast of nostalgia. Here's hoping it turns out good.

EDIT

-Chapter's out. It was alright I guess considering it is nothing more than an exhibition of what the Swordsmen and their swords can do. One is an explosive sword, another crushes all defences, another cuts like lightning. Conveniently, Zabuza's sword repairs itself by absorbing blood from enemies so after moving down a few fodder, it nearly repairs itself. Also, Haku takes a Raikiri again, only this time there is almost no drama in it. Too bad.

Shiryuu 2011-01-12 21:31

Kakashi is probably going to teleport Zabuza's sword and the plan is still accomplished since he has no sword and his back is still turned.

Kafriel 2011-01-13 01:58

Suigetsu might get his dreams come true fast, isn't it a tad bit convenient that half of the swords are already in one place for him to take?
Quote:

Suigetsu is not going to go rogue with his mini organization, he is going to fight alongside the alliance in this battle.
While it's true that he only followed Sasuke in order to get the swords, we know nothing about him really...anywho, decent chapter, Kakashi seems to be a pretty good strategist too, although I wouldn't count on shadow techniques to bind from afar; hadn't Shikamaru said that they become stronger when you're closer to your opponent?

Mr. Johnny 5 2011-01-13 05:17

Once Naruto will finish his training he'll probably won't even need any tools.
He can probably make a kunai, shuriken and even a sword with just his own (mastered) chakra.

Hopefully he learns also to deflect ninjutsu and even physical things like needles like he did against Haku or.. Sasuke's Katon at the VotE.
Still... Naruto bringing down the seven mist swordsmen... i wonder if that is similiar like bringing down the 7 Pain. Or if Pain is superior to the Mists 7.

yakumo-chan 2011-01-13 05:34

I still think that Zabusa's sword is still the weakest

Nobodyman9 2011-01-13 05:38

So yeah, this guy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ir918/what.jpg

Is Kishi hiring five-year-olds to work on his manga now?

Haak 2011-01-13 05:46

Lol decent chapter. The only bad things I have to say are how the art went a bit sloppy on one page and how he felt the need to kill the dark mood by using chibi's to explain Kakashi's strategy.

And that stitching sword was little bit unnerving...

DeDe 2011-01-13 06:42

I was thinking how it might have made Sakura more useful if she were given Maki the Sand kunoichi's job in wrapping Zabuza. But maybe there is some kind of Suna skill to wrapping someone in cloth. I do like he is showing there are some decent name ninja in the Alliance ranks. Even if 99% of them are there to get chopped up like in this chapter. Expect more Konoha clans and occasional fodder to shine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 (Post 3436262)
So yeah, this guy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ir918/what.jpg

Is Kishi hiring five-year-olds to work on his manga now?

I guess he needs to pay his assistants more. I'll admit Naruto's art has been hit or miss for a while now. I'm actually not a big fan of the Swordsmen designs. They lack something. The only decent one is the scary tall guy.

solidguy 2011-01-13 06:58

omg how retarded does kishi think we are. "An unforgivable evil intent , zabuza ignores haku and moves to cut down kakashi". WTF. Didnt he just show a page with 7 people getting blown to kingdom come, and regenerate. Who gives a shit if he ignores haku and cuts him, he can fucking regerenate it all back. If i was in zabuza's position and haku was my MOTHER id still have no problem. Geez, am i the only one ticked off at this....retardedness?

edit: sorry to bring you into this mom :)

Haak 2011-01-13 07:19

^ Huh, I didn't even notice. That does seem especially stupid since we all know Zabuza isn't even in control anymore. Bad translation maybe? Or maybe the first sentence was actually refferring to Kabuto.

Mr. Johnny 5 2011-01-13 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by solidguy (Post 3436308)
omg how retarded does kishi think we are. "An unforgivable evil intent , zabuza ignores haku and moves to cut down kakashi". WTF. Didnt he just show a page with 7 people getting blown to kingdom come, and regenerate. Who gives a shit if he ignores haku and cuts him, he can fucking regerenate it all back. If i was in zabuza's position and haku was my MOTHER id still have no problem. Geez, am i the only one ticked off at this....retardedness?

edit: sorry to bring you into this mom :)

The point will be shown next chapter.... it'll probably be a conflict of their own minds...against the control of Kabuto. Bla bla bla the mind is strong...Daniel-san wax on.. wax off...

I don't know... maybe it's an ANBU thing but... i like Kashimaru... besides... he awfully reminds me of Hashimaru (real movie: Shinobi).. with his abilities... and with an appearance like Orochimaru.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.