AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Madoka Magica (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Madoka Magica - Episode 02 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=100934)

monir 2011-01-16 17:20

Madoka Magica - Episode 02 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Episode 02.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gifJust highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gifClick the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Stormwhite 2011-01-16 18:43

Pretty good episode overall.

Although
Spoiler for episode:

Dextro 2011-01-16 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormwhite (Post 3441531)

Although
Spoiler for episode:

Looks like I was the only one thinking that... I think Urobuchi's track record is getting to me :heh:

jeroz 2011-01-16 22:08

for a second there, that's exactly my thought as well

BaKaBaKaOtaKu 2011-01-17 06:39

episode was nice. XD esp. those subtle hints of yuri. XDD Hope the darkness keeps up XD

Miyuki-ism 2011-01-17 10:22

Hmm, subtle hints of yuri? I'm not gonna wear my goggles for this anime.

rocket 2011-01-17 12:05

9/10 - Only because the labyrinth scenes have a low framerate again! This time it was brutal since I didn't get that the stringy things were somehow Mami's magical hair until after the action had ended. If you can't follow the fight it's hard for it to have drama!

I really hope each witch has her own wacky animation style and they are not all low framerate cutouts...

Belgaesh 2011-01-17 14:09

I didn't like the cg's of the witch labyrinth, and overall the story didn't advanced almost nothing for a series of 12 episodes.

Leo_Otaku 2011-01-17 14:11

I liked the way how it sort of all works in their world. Like how they explain how they defeat enemies and so forth.

Cream 2011-01-17 15:54

Mami is a complete beast, talk about an amazing gunner .
9/10.

Hooves 2011-01-17 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cream (Post 3442867)
Mami is a complete beast, talk about an amazing gunner .
9/10.

This is true :heh:

9/10
The fight scene was excellent, but my thoughts about what a witch would look like went completely numb after seeing it close. But it was kinda funny how they stopped the moving to make it look like your Video Game boss introduction "Final Boss: ???" :heh:

Archon_Wing 2011-01-17 17:27

lol Yuri paranoia. :p Not too much to say at this point, besides Mami is doing great but it looks pretty good; music is excellent.

The actual villain/fight was too abstract for my tastes, (where did it come from? South Park?) but it got owned pretty spectacularly.

Hooves 2011-01-17 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archon_Wing (Post 3442970)
lol Yuri paranoia. :p Not too much to say at this point, besides Mami is doing great but it looks pretty good; music is excellent.

The Yuri madness was hilarious :D they certainly know what to add to give the viewers a good laugh in a comical environment.

Triple_R 2011-01-17 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archon_Wing (Post 3442970)

The actual villain/fight was too abstract for my tastes, (where did it come from? South Park?) but it got owned pretty spectacularly.

Yeah, I agree completely with all of this.

The "Yuri paranoia" was pretty funny, especially given how close all-female friendships involving the female lead of Magical Girl shows tend to be. ;) :heh:

Mami is awesome in combat, and the music is excellent.

But yeah, while I do appreciate SHAFT's trippy artistry and animation style, I would have preferred if the witch herself had looked a bit more, well, like the witches of Umineko, lol.

Still, that's almost my only complaint so far. Very solid show so far. :)

Hooves 2011-01-17 18:32

It would be great to see the witches' looks are somewhat improved later on, like (possibly) the one we saw in the first episode in Madoka's dream? If that could ever be considered a witch.

ChronoReverse 2011-01-17 18:39

I'm also hoping that each witch has its own messed up world where some of them at least would be awesomely animated instead of trippy and jarring like the first witch.

jeroz 2011-01-17 21:56

it would be awesome if the witches later on become more and more human-like

D-Gold 2011-01-17 22:11

I was shocked when the witch didnt turn out to be some lady that looks like she was in her twenties. Also I am also surprised that our pink haired little friend doesnt have her powers yet by the second episode.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormwhite (Post 3441531)

Although
Spoiler for episode:

I have a feeling that she is somehow evil and is working for the final boss or she betrays the duo because of something dealing with the whole wish thing but is not evil just a little selfish.

Jaden 2011-01-18 04:43

I liked the episode until...

Mami: "This is a witch"

Me: "................................................. ................really?" -_-

I guess in some cases, you can be too original.

Hooves 2011-01-18 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChronoReverse (Post 3443056)
I'm also hoping that each witch has its own messed up world where some of them at least would be awesomely animated instead of trippy and jarring like the first witch.

The first witch was just hard to take seriously actually :heh: it was way too trippy like you said with its animation. The enemy being that I like the most so far in the series is in Madoka's dream in episode 1 so far. That's until we get introduced to a more suitable witch then the first.