AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Kimiiro Focus (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=101871)

DragoZERO 2011-02-13 10:49

Kimiiro Focus
 
http://i.imgur.com/FOOwm.pngKimiiro Focus
Focus on Your Color

Story & Art: CHIAKI Taro

Description: Photography is the art to grasp beauty with the one and only tool, a camera. Ooji's dream is to become a photographer that photographs at the front lines of war, to take pictures of historical events taking place in front of his eyes. However, his childhood friend, Sumire, doesn't think that he is capable of becoming one. In his photography club, Ooji shows his photos to the group, and his upperclassman, Ran, points out that Sumire is a good target to photograph. Ooji manages to get permission to take photos of Sumire, and during his shoot, Sumire notices that Ooji is acting differently than before. Later they find out that one of Ooji's pictures won an award! Sumire congratulates him, but Ooji sees beyond his award. He claims that he learned that he has much more potential than he thinks. Ran, overseeing this, plans to take Ooji to the next level so he can capture true beauty through the lens of a camera! (Source: MangaUpdates)

Genres: Comedy, Ecchi, Romance, School Life, Shounen

Categories:
Spoiler:
Links: MangaUpdates
Get this manga thread template!
----

Four chapters are out so far and it's pretty good. The photography thing is a little cliche, but the club president is a major babe (nothing like the one when I went to school, haha). Oh, and the attention to swimsuits is awesome.

Xagzan 2011-02-13 11:06

I was wondering when a topic on this would show up.

Cliche? Huh, I didn't know there were many photography manga out there.

Anyway, I started this when chapter 1 was scanned (that cover image ^^^ lured me in :heh:) and I like it so far. Not only is the prez a babe, but she's got that slightly ominous aura to her. Like a scheming Milly Ashford.

And the main girl of course is lovely too. Her hairstyle made me think of a tsundere version of Sango from Inuyasha.

But damn, does Ooji get some bishie sparkles when the glasses come off. Guy could seduce any girl in that "mode"

DragoZERO 2011-02-13 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xagzan (Post 3485675)
I was wondering when a topic on this would show up.

Cliche? Huh, I didn't know there were many photography manga out there.

Anyway, I started this when chapter 1 was scanned (that cover image ^^^ lured me in :heh:) and I like it so far. Not only is the prez a babe, but she's got that slightly ominous aura to her. Like a scheming Milly Ashford.

And the main girl of course is lovely too. Her hairstyle made me think of a tsundere version of Sango from Inuyasha.

But damn, does Ooji get some bishie sparkles when the glasses come off. Guy could seduce any girl in that "mode"

You can always make a thread, haha.

Photography and filming always comes up. This series has a nice take on it though.

Yes, the covers are all awesome.

She is a great tsundere. A mix of classic and modern. She doesn't hit him all of the time.

I laughed so hard the first time he did it. He just melts them.

Xagzan 2011-02-13 11:54

Classic and modern tsundere? You're gonna have to explain that one to me.

Thankfully though, it seems like the scan releases might be more regular starting with the most recent chapter. I think there's already a couple of volumes worth of chapters or so.

DragoZERO 2011-02-13 12:45

She does not hit him all of the time. However I mixed up my terms so I take that back.

But classic is tsun all of the time in the beginning and dere at the end and modern is a constant flipping of the two. Neither applied to what I was trying to say. My mind does not work properly when I am hungry.

Nemuru 2011-02-13 12:57

guess I will check Chiaki Taro previous work before jumping into this one. But yes I agree, the front cover is convincing enough to check the manga out lol.

jzmagic 2011-02-19 23:13

Latest chapter is hot. Man the club pres is such a tease.

Xagzan 2011-02-20 10:20

I don't usually care about indirect kisses, but that was a very erotic one.

DragoZERO 2011-02-20 10:43

How is this series not popular? This should have already had a thread with plenty of pages.

Well, this chapter had a lot of hilarious moments. I think this one is my favorite:
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3194/kimiiro51.jpg :heh:

As for the everything else, I like her goal and I sure as hell would want to be apart of it. Although all of those posters were a little much, it does not surprise me.

And should this ever become an anime, I know the perfect voice actress for Sumire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jzmagic (Post 3495689)
Latest chapter is hot. Man the club pres is such a tease.

Yes... she is good at it too. Dayamnnn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xagzan (Post 3496272)
I don't usually care about indirect kisses, but that was a very erotic one.

That was ridiculous. No man would be able to resist that.

Xagzan 2011-02-20 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 3496304)
How is this series not popular? This should have already had a thread with plenty of pages.

I guess cause only 5 chapters have been scanned? Still, it's been out for a long time...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 3496304)
Well, this chapter had a lot of hilarious moments. I think this one is my favorite:
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3194/kimiiro51.jpg :heh:

As for the everything else, I like her goal and I sure as hell would want to be apart of it. Although all of those posters were a little much, it does not surprise me.

I'm curious why she doesn't want pictures taken of her. That issue and any romantic conflict between her and Sumire will be very interesting. Although who knows if the prez even likes Ooji.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 3496304)
And should this ever become an anime, I know the perfect voice actress for Sumire.

Junko? Hell yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 3496304)
Yes... she is good at it too. Dayamnnn.

That was ridiculous. No man would be able to resist that.

She has to know how brutally she was teasing him.

Oh, and Dayumn, that new credit page.

Dorsai 2011-02-20 12:21

I read it few weeks ago... Series with tsundere childhood friend are "must see" for me ;p And this one is really good... But it needs faster release...

DragoZERO 2011-02-20 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xagzan (Post 3496357)
I guess cause only 5 chapters have been scanned? Still, it's been out for a long time...

It doesn't help that the scanlations came to a practical halt. It's stupid that something like that makes a difference, but it does. I think I'll promote it a little, heh.
Quote:

I'm curious why she doesn't want pictures taken of her. That issue and any romantic conflict between her and Sumire will be very interesting. Although who knows if the prez even likes Ooji.
I cannot wait. I think she likes him as a toy right now, but she will fall for him soon enough.

Quote:

Junko? Hell yes.
Yeah, best known as Mio from K-On, having her alone would generate plenty of attention. But I wouldn't want an anime unless they can end it without changing much.

Quote:

She has to know how brutally she was teasing him.
Of course. She popped her head out to ask him that with just a towel on? That could have waited, or she could have just shouted.

Quote:

Oh, and Dayumn, that new credit page.
It's from the volume cover... I don't know why they didn't release it with this chapter though.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorsai (Post 3496441)
I read it few weeks ago... Series with tsundere childhood friend are "must see" for me ;p And this one is really good... But it needs faster release...

Yeah, tsundere childhood friends are fun for me too. It's tricky territory though, since it's done so much. But Sumire seems to hold her own pretty well.

Waven 2011-02-20 14:25

just read all scanned chapters...

really nice ecchi art, not much to say about the storyline so far though and I really wonder if this series can come up with something fresh plot-wise.
Anyway, entertaining enough to follow this one. After all I enjoyed Lock On! as well.

Kanon 2011-02-20 14:32

Just wanted to say your sig is working :heh:

I just wish to know one thing before starting: is the male lead incredibly dense, indecisive and spineless? I've just finished reading I"s and I don't think I'm ready to put up with more of this crap just yet.

Waven 2011-02-20 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 3496610)
Just wanted to say your sig is working :heh:

I just wish to know one thing before starting: is the male lead incredibly dense, indecisive and spineless? I've just finished reading I"s and I don't think I'm ready to put up with more of this crap just yet.

So far: No, no, no ... also with just 5 chapters released there's not much you can lose by trying it out...

DragoZERO 2011-02-20 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waven (Post 3496599)
really nice ecchi art, not much to say about the storyline so far though and I really wonder if this series can come up with something fresh plot-wise.
Anyway, entertaining enough to follow this one. After all I enjoyed Lock On! as well.

This is so much better than Lock On. I think things will be fresh enough to continue reading.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 3496610)
Just wanted to say your sig is working :heh:

:D
Quote:

I just wish to know one thing before starting: is the male lead incredibly dense, indecisive and spineless? I've just finished reading I"s and I don't think I'm ready to put up with more of this crap just yet.
I''s is awesome! It's one of my favorites, such a great read. And the lead in that is not that bad compared to others; he steps it up when he needs to.

But like Waven said, try it. He is a regular guy who is not suave with the girls but can still talk to them without becoming a baffling fool every single time. Plus once he starts taking pictures... well... just read it!

Xagzan 2011-02-20 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 3496511)
It doesn't help that the scanlations came to a practical halt. It's stupid that something like that makes a difference, but it does. I think I'll promote it a little, heh.

We got chaps 4-5 pretty close together, and hopefully future releases stay more rapid. But hell yeah, promotion is good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 3496511)
I cannot wait. I think she likes him as a toy right now, but she will fall for him soon enough.

And when Sumire finds out she will spaz adorably.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 3496511)
Yeah, best known as Mio from K-On, having her alone would generate plenty of attention. But I wouldn't want an anime unless they can end it without changing much.

Change? What kind of change?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 3496511)
Of course. She popped her head out to ask him that with just a towel on? That could have waited, or she could have just shouted.

It's from the volume cover... I don't know why they didn't release it with this chapter though.

Guess it makes it a little more authentic?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 3496610)
Just wanted to say your sig is working :heh:

I just wish to know one thing before starting: is the male lead incredibly dense, indecisive and spineless? I've just finished reading I"s and I don't think I'm ready to put up with more of this crap just yet.

He's a decent lead. And he even has a comical, yet charming, super mode.

DragoZERO 2011-02-20 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xagzan (Post 3496677)
We got chaps 4-5 pretty close together, and hopefully future releases stay more rapid.

We only got the last two chapters close together. The previous ones were months apart. I suspect commenting on the release post would motivate faster releases... hint, hint.

Quote:

And when Sumire finds out she will spaz adorably.
I can't wait. :heh:


Quote:

Change? What kind of change?
Any kind of stupid anime original change to give the series a conclusive ending.

Shiroth 2011-02-21 07:41

Two chapters in, and the club president having an arse fetish totally won me over.

Kanon 2011-02-21 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 3496669)
I''s is awesome! It's one of my favorites, such a great read. And the lead in that is not that bad compared to others; he steps it up when he needs to.

I couldn't disagree more :heh:
I had to struggle to manage to get through the first 9 volumes. It was pretty much a compilation of everything I hate in romance manga (and I hated Ichitaka with a passion). I loved the last few volumes though, so in the end it's a mixed bag for me.

________________

Back on topic.

You guys were right, the main character in this is pretty likable. His "photographer mode" is hilarious, he drops down the glasses and instantly turns into a bishie, complete with sparkles, intense stare and everyting :heh:

Sumire is more or less your typical tsundere, which doesn't really bother me. The star of the manga is definitely the club president. What a tease! That indirect kiss was pretty hot. I like her goal too -- becoming an idol manager. The story is shaping up to be interesting.

I have one complaint so far: the art. It's very uneven. Sometimes it looks gorgeous, sometimes it looks terrible (bad body proportions, weird faces, ect...). Thankfully, the scenes that matter look good, but nevertheless he shouldn't neglect regular scenes. I hope he'll improve over time.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:20.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.