AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Horizon (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - General Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=102980)

Master Anime 2011-03-27 07:09

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - General Discussion
 
Official Website : http://genesis-horizon.net/
Studio : Sunrise

In the far future, humans abandon the devastated Earth and move to the upper world "Tenjo". But Tenjo and the law of causation collapse by a war and humans returns to the Earth, which has turns into an inhabitable planet except for Shinshu area. Shinshu is too small to accommodate all the humans, so they duplicate the are and create "Juso Sekai". In order to rebuild Tenjo and the law of causation, the returned humans start reproduction of history from B.C. 10,000. When the reproduction completes until A.D. 1413, a war breaks out in Shinshu and Juso Sekai falls onto the original world. The humans living in Juso Sekai lose their land and invade the original world. People in Shinshu surrender and is divided by the invaders from Juso Sekai. They try to resume the history reproduction from A.D.1457, but the update of history terminates in A.D.1648. A rumor of apocalypse begins to spread the world.



sky ships and Sunrise is pretty much what attracted my attention.

RRW 2011-03-27 07:14

sunrise? i am in

any info about LN? is it good? is there any action?

Crimrui 2011-03-27 07:18

If Sunrise is doing it then I'm game. Love the character design. I think I see few more male characters in the background so, fortunately, it's not a harem anime.

Master Anime 2011-03-27 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRW (Post 3547094)
sunrise? i am in

any info about LN? is it good? is there any action?

Sorry but, I can't found any more info about LN

But the LN is well-known because of the thickness of the volumes :heh:
http://node3.img3.akibablog.net/09/jul/9/203.jpg

RRW 2011-03-27 11:08

hmm the girl seem also have same thickness

saya_leviathan 2011-03-28 01:28

Here's an introductory video of the LN:


And also the official (?) website of the LN (A little NSFW when you scroll down further):
http://www.din.or.jp/~arm/hori/index.htm

Suzuku 2011-03-28 15:06

April 9th? Why haven't we heard of this before? Is this really a spring anime?

Kaisos Erranon 2011-03-28 15:15

What in the world is up with that summary? :heh: This sounds completely insane.

Is that actually the premise? It sounds more like the main twist.

Kunagisa 2011-03-28 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzuku (Post 3548704)
April 9th? Why haven't we heard of this before? Is this really a spring anime?

I think 4/9 is the production announcement (like staff etc.)


Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 3548716)
What in the world is up with that summary? :heh: This sounds completely insane.

Is that actually the premise? It sounds more like the main twist.

Considering the prologue is 84 pages long and the story is around 500+ pages for the Part I of Arc One (Volume One) and Part II of Arc Two (Volume Four) is the all time record of 1154 pages of Dengeki Bunko (also previously held by the same author for a book in another series of the same setting), and there are total of 7 volumes (Arc Three is the longest with 3 parts) at the moment with the story being on-going still, the simple history in the intro post is definitely just the very basic premise.

Here's a picture of the main character and heroine. Slight spoilers with characters' names, affliations, occupations, "types", and special traits.



I'm more curious on how long this series would be since length wise the series right now (rough and very conservative estimate) is around 17 volumes of your average light novels.

Suzuku 2011-03-28 16:05

^ That would put it at 2 cour easily. If what you say is true, then just the first book can be covered in 24 episodes, and if the series become popular they can have 1 book per season. I'm still reeling from the fact that Sunrise is adapting a light novel; it's just as surprising as Gainax adapting a light novel now too. Hell, I'm still reeling from the fact that Sunrise is suddenly doing so much this year. Given that Sacred Seven is set to air during the summer, I don't think this will air until fall, but that's the ideal date for my hopes of a new Gundam series or Boukoku no Akito to air...

Mizuno 2011-03-28 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud (Post 3547098)
If Sunrise is doing it then I'm game. Love the character design. I think I see few more male characters in the background so, fortunately, it's not a harem anime.

Actually in this particular case, I wish it is a harem. There's something about Aoi the protagonist that I think I'm going to like him.

dark998 2011-03-28 16:37

Sounds interesting.

Master Anime 2011-04-07 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by saya_leviathan (Post 3548043)
Here's an introductory video of the LN:


And also the official (?) website of the LN (A little NSFW when you scroll down further):
http://www.din.or.jp/~arm/hori/index.htm

Lolz LN website is so full of fanservice :heh:

http://sadpanda.us/images/427374-060T0SC.jpg

kyouray 2011-04-09 07:25

Trailer's online :


Scheduled for October.
Director : Manabu Ono
Series composition : Tatsuhiko Urahata

Action scenes look nice but series itself looks messy for me.

Blue-kun 2011-04-09 08:01

Man, I watched Infinite Stratos mainly for the small tidbits of action, so maybe if every action scene in the show looks as cool as the stuff on that trailer, I'm sure I can survive through it.

Very nice music, too.

kemal_1915 2011-04-09 08:37

the PV is good and I am thrilled
I can't wait to watch the anime

this novel is famous its "thickness"
境界線上のホライゾンI<上> 543P
境界線上のホライゾンI<下> 771P
境界線上のホライゾンII<上> 905P
境界線上のホライゾンII<下> 1153P (current leader of the thickest light novel)
境界線上のホライゾンIII<上> 737P
境界線上のホライゾンIII<中> 833P
境界線上のホライゾンIII<下> 897P
7 books 5839 pages, so that is 834 pages per book and it has not finished yet

See it for yourself
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6...4a07759425.jpg
the upper one is the author Kawakami Minoru's last work - 終わりのクロニクル, book 7 is the previous leader of the thickest light novel.
the lower is Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon

Moreover, the concept of his stories is very unique
I haven't read Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon yet but i have read 終わりのクロニクル
Not everyone can survive the bombardment (seriously heavy bombardment!) of info in his novel. Once you can survive that you will know that it is really good.

ars89 2011-04-09 09:42

thanks for the PV

Looks good so it helps boost my enthusiasm for this

Kunagisa 2011-04-09 10:14

Oh shit, Jun and Minori as mains!!! Can't ask for more appropriate VAs. The animation's a bit lower quality than I hoped for but doesn't lower my enthusiasm for the series at all. Hopefully the plot doesn't get butchered to hell (which is always a problem with long novels).

Kunagisa 2011-04-10 04:19

Looks like this is divided into 2 season (whether that means 24/26 episodes or 48/52 we shall see ...).

Now that I rewatched the PV, the music and sound effect's pretty awesome.

Bonta Kun 2011-04-10 11:16

Well I was just rifling through new anime threads seeing if anything would take my fancy and well while reading the premise for this I was thinking "WTH?!" and after I finsihed reading I was left with "......."
Safe to say I'm sold!:D
I like weird and wonderful and by the looks of things here it's weird and wonderful in many regards.

The MCs kinda remind me of the 2 from legend of legendary heroes in some respects but like with Mizuno, I get the feeling I'm gonna really like the male here, he looks like he'll be a hoot:p


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:44.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.