AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fairy Tail (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Fairy Tail x Rave Master Crossover Chapter [Manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=103585)

Krono 2011-04-20 12:32

Fairy Tail x Rave Master Crossover Chapter [Manga]

Huh, apparently there's a Fairy Tail x Rave Master crossover one shot now:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...shot-published

Shiroth 2011-04-20 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krono (Post 3578804)
Huh, apparently there's a Fairy Tail x Rave Master crossover one shot now:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...shot-published

It's about time this happened.

Though i must say, i'm more interested in that magazine cover. Lucy's attire is <3.

Frailty 2011-04-22 04:47

Rave x FT is out

win chapter is win
Spoiler for spoilers:

Shiroth 2011-04-22 05:31

^I've requested a thread be made for it, so discussion should hopefully be there. :)

kitten320 2011-04-22 08:15

Is Rave the full name? Because I can't find show like that 0_o

Anh_Minh 2011-04-22 08:25

Rave Master, or Groove Adventure Rave.

Von Himmel 2011-04-22 09:15

I...know that cross-over might not be canon at all and should not be taken seriously, but I can't help but to wonder when the event take place in Rave's timeline :heh: Is it after the series ended, or is it not? What do you guys think about it?

Elie mentions amnesia, but if I remember it correctly...
Spoiler:

Fenrir_valindri 2011-04-22 12:41

It was a fun crossover. Its pretty funny that Haru and Natsu got along until they had that misunderstanding.

Then Erza beats them both down. lol

Tempest35 2011-04-22 20:51

Wow, I couldn't stop laughing for a good while after reading that. I've forgotten how ditzy Elie acted sometimes though...:heh: But nice, awesome stuff. I can tell Mashima had fun drawing this one.

NoLongerSane 2011-04-22 23:05

I really really enjoyed the FT/Rave Master cross-over. That brought back some memories. I would have really enjoyed it if a larger cast were to have been used to see how the interactions would have come along.

Nightengale 2011-04-23 03:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLongerSane (Post 3582881)
I really really enjoyed the FT/Rave Master cross-over. That brought back some memories. I would have really enjoyed it if a larger cast were to have been used to see how the interactions would have come along.

The problem with that is such scenarios is that if it's pushed a little too much, it's hard to find the balance between what it wants.

Rave x Fairy Tail struck a good balance because it told a relatively simple story with even less the core cast and didn't try to push the universal similarities and differences too much. It was for fun, but it could just as well be slightly canon, or for a better word, acceptable.

I mean, I would stomp on a few ants and kill a few mosquitos for some larger scale interaction or even craziness ( like Oracion Seis or Sieghart/Jellal ), but it might as well be a parody comedy at that point.:heh:

ReinhartX 2011-04-23 03:21

imagine haru meets erza nightwalker

haru + erza : " ill show u the power of my ten commandments....WAIT WHAT "

Anh_Minh 2011-04-23 06:38

And then he gets curb-stomped. (I mean, Haru + Natsu << Erza Scarlet. And Knightwalker is only a bit weaker)

NoLongerSane 2011-04-23 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale (Post 3583166)
The problem with that is such scenarios is that if it's pushed a little too much, it's hard to find the balance between what it wants.

Rave x Fairy Tail struck a good balance because it told a relatively simple story with even less the core cast and didn't try to push the universal similarities and differences too much. It was for fun, but it could just as well be slightly canon, or for a better word, acceptable.

I mean, I would stomp on a few ants and kill a few mosquitos for some larger scale interaction or even craziness ( like Oracion Seis or Sieghart/Jellal ), but it might as well be a parody comedy at that point.:heh:

Lol, so true. As for the Oracion Seis and Sieghart/Jellal idea, it would have been very interesting indeed. But I would bet on Rave's Oracion Seis to tear through FT rendition of the group, and Sieghart would have put on a clinic against Jellal.:heh:

Shiroth 2011-04-23 16:24

Reading this reminds me how much i need to catch up on Rave Master, though it seems pretty much impossible after the death of Tokyopop. :(

Endscape 2011-04-23 19:11

Just caught the crossover. Seeing rave characters with Mashima's improved art was win. Ellie especially was awesome.

Haru and Natsu getting along then fighting was pretty cool. Fight scene was short but sweet.

Then Erza...

A logical part of my brain asks why she was gambling in a bunny suit... then I LOOK AT HER and forget all about that. I love my life.

I need to reread and rewatch Rave

Master_Yoma 2011-04-23 21:15

It was a fun chapter but it did seem it needed to be a little longer

Kafriel 2011-04-24 01:56

Natsu VS Haru was nice, also lol @ Heart kruz reference and Erza in bunny suit :love: R>Erza VS Julia...

Tempest35 2011-04-25 01:49

Oh boy, I can see it now, the Rave group finally gets to Fairy Tail proper, where old man Makarov greets them (ie. ELIE) and Haru is reminded of pervy Shiba...

Of course Let and Natsu are going to duke it out Dragon Race vs Dragon Slayer - c'mon. Bonus pts if Julia tries to interfere and Gajeel joins in on the fun.

Haru vs Erza - of course Erza's going to be all 'He totally stole Nightwalker's weapon!'.

Musica vs Gray - Juvia will be in heaven or hell. lol

Lucy vs ELIE...? scary thought on that one, especially if one knows about ELIE...

If Mystogun was still there, we could have had a 'What The Hell, Jellal' moment.

:D

PS. Shuda vs Laxus - battle of egos.

Kafriel 2011-04-25 05:18

You totally left out Mistgun VS Sieghart, THAT would be an epic fight...or is Mistgun really Sieghart who pulled an Aizen on RAVE and crossed over to the FT dimension? :eyebrow: