AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fullmetal Alchemist (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   [Anime] Episode 5: Dash! Auto-Mail (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=104)

Dopeskills 2003-11-04 00:25

[Anime] Episode 5: Dash! Auto-Mail

I really liked this episode.

The flame alchemist is awsome.

brightman 2003-11-04 00:33

Yeah Ep 5 is *almost* from the manga... Except that in the manga the story takes place in the present (as in the time of the first ep) instead of when Ed+Al first started off... I like the changes though so it's a better episode than the last one I think.

Rebochan 2003-11-04 01:23

I had a hard time telling the first time I watched it whether or not Roy used the glove the same either. Yep, he still flicks it. Though he seems a lot more...scary...in the anime. The anime seems to like upping the drama/creepy quotient a lot.

Toriyamaworld finally released Ch.5 of the manga. Now THAT I can't wait to see animated (and no, I'm not spoiling it either!).

indicatoto101 2003-11-04 01:27

I haven't read the manga but so far, I love this show. One setback to this show has to be the length, 52 episodes. I just hope the same thing doesen't happen to this show like what happened to Getbackers; started great and plumeted as the story headed forward. :thinker: Cross fingers.

Rebochan 2003-11-04 01:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by indicatoto101
I haven't read the manga but so far, I love this show. One setback to this show has to be the length, 52 episodes. I just hope the same thing doesen't happen to this show like what happened to Getbackers; started great and plumeted as the story headed forward. :thinker: Cross fingers.

As far as I know, Fullmetal Alchemist is still running as a manga, and is up to Vol. 5. Feel free to correct me if my knowledge is short though.

Oh, and I reccomend the manga. It's a bit more lighthearted, but otherwise fairly similar to the anime, with the exception of that huge plot change at the end of Episode 2. If you read it, you'll know what I mean.

whatever123 2003-11-04 05:49

this is a very interesting anime ive been following the manga i just hope that it doesnt turn out like getbackers or kenshin

mi-chan 2003-11-04 06:29

i have to agree even though i want to know what happens later in time i like how they :p went back to explain a lot of the things that had me wondering.

Starfall 2003-11-04 06:39

Yeah, I think juping through time was a great idea. The beginning was made more mysterious and made you want to figure out and see the rest. :D

[Titan] 2003-11-04 06:48

Again, a great episode, this is one of the best new series IMO (After Kimi ga Nozumo Eien of course :) )

beanieboy007 2003-11-04 07:05

is the manga licenced, if not... where could scans/ translations be found?

I really like Alchemist. It was awesome to find out that it came from the same group as Scrapped Princess & RahXephon -2 other series that I very much enjoyed.

Nins 2003-11-04 07:51

I dont know the 1st time i watched ep 1 I thought it reminded me of Scrapped Princess for some reason... well it is good to know that it is from the same group... This episode was very entertaining and hopefully they fastforward abit with the exam and maybe further training so that the story gets back to their present situation :D

blindrim 2003-11-04 08:06

small parts of the manga can be found at www.toriyamaworld.com but it's only on cha 4

Kireiko 2003-11-04 08:33

actually, you can find the scans over at ToriyamaWorld.com, they indeed just put out chtr. 5

and Rebochan-san the anime is slotted for a 52 episode release schedule, does that mean there will be a lot of fillerage, i wonder?

anyways, i love this show! al and ed are too funny! i like how they don't follow the manga but i somehow also dislike how they don't follow the manga! which usually spells out a recipe for disaster but hopefully the show will keep going strond and stay strong

*crosses fingers like indicatoto101-san* ^__^*

NenMaster 2003-11-04 12:33

i like this anime, but i dont understand how a metal arm and shatter another metal arm

Eleutheria 2003-11-04 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by NenMaster
i like this anime, but i dont understand how a metal arm and shatter another metal arm

Well, harder metal and more force behind it, I suppose. A steel arm could easily shatter a sodium arm, to use an extreme example.

IMSabbel 2003-11-04 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by NenMaster

Just think cast iron vs steel. Also the other wasnt an alchimist, so his arm was normal.

Fullmetal Alchimist already showed him altering the arm without much flash or so (into a sword like thing), so its entirely possible that he reinforced it with alchemy while getting really angry at the end of the confrontation.

A difference from the manga that is really notable is that the millitary is shown much "darker".
Sure, they seem nice guys, but they the stunt with their generals life was not nice, the whole setting was set up to escalate.
Also, the flame strike at the end was shown much more realitic, hence frightening, than the manga.
Such a weapon would usually be more likely in a foes hands.
Alchimists must be terrible weapons in the war....

NenMaster 2003-11-04 15:03

u think he has that much skill without taking the alchemist test. maybe your right

Ranko 2003-11-04 16:53

fire is a powerful element, but his power seems nothing next to true pyromancy.

Segahekui 2003-11-04 17:23

ranko: did u mean me ;) anyways yeah i liked his pyrotechnics i hope he pulls out some awesome moves later on. fire guys are always my fav in anim and stuff. also that was kool how he madr the cannon.. i iwsh i could do that :sad:

NenMaster 2003-11-04 21:05

haha, i wish i could do it as well