AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Ragnarok Online 2 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=105602)

meko 2011-07-14 13:14

Ragnarok Online 2
 
After being totally silent for half a year, Ragnarok Online 2 returned with a sorta-OBT; sorta-CBT: Yet another beta test!

:) Here is some in-game footage for those of you who want to see the game in action:

Part 0 (log in screen): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBJwO4g6iMM
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAzg9cwpEa8
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HccAM6hDSP0

http://i.imgur.com/IwI7z.jpg

More parts to be uploaded in the future into this playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDA683726C45AB2F5

HayashiTakara 2011-07-14 14:02

This game has been in CBT for over 5 years...

From the looks of the new gameplay, it seems like a primitive Blade and Soul

Neki Ecko 2011-07-14 14:40

It will be about 2013-2014 when RO2 comes over to the states but around that time, everybody would be probably trying to be playing Blizzard new MMORPG after WoW or just sticking with RO1.

Its looks okay but about couple of years too late.

Mahou 2011-07-14 14:45

The interface looks just like WoW or RIFT.
@RO itself: The game has its charm, but the terrible grindfest killed it for me after a short time. Now I know as well that this is normal for an "asia grinder" ;).
/is tired of most MMOs

OceanBlue 2011-07-14 14:59

It may be because it's just a demonstration video, but it seems to lack the ambiance the first game had, which was why I enjoyed it.

meko 2011-07-24 01:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahou (Post 3690785)
the terrible grindfest

Legend of the Second isn't too grindy.

There are quests that require you to kill x number of some mob, but most of them only take about 15 minutes to half an hour to complete.

The quests also serve a bit like a game guide, because every mob on the map is linked to a quest designed for a player at a certain level.

If you do all the quests, you can level fairly painlessly (because the quests are reasonable with the amount of award experience they give) and experience each monster and every part of the map.

NoemiChan 2011-07-24 02:20

It's like well, CABAL, but still I love TANTRA, until the HAckers and greedy rich spoiled games, ruin the ambiance!!

amyotaku 2011-07-24 03:07

I like the new Ragnarok but sad because it isn't free to play. Hmm. Is it?

Nihokon 2011-07-24 05:20

Looks better since the last time I played the beta version years ago.

I mean, the previous scrapped version. (Gate of the world)

Hooves 2011-07-24 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by amyotaku (Post 3701850)
I like the new Ragnarok but sad because it isn't free to play. Hmm. Is it?

The game itself is still probably in the second closed beta testing stage so no info about it being free to play or not. It will probably start out with paid to play servers at first, and then move on to creating free to play servers for players.

MeoTwister5 2011-07-24 17:24

It's been almost 10 years since RO opened in the Philippines and people are still tied to it a like a religion. I left in 2005 and I still know people who play it.

Xion Valkyrie 2011-07-24 17:31

It really just looks like old RO with new graphics and an updated interface.

Also, where's the catchy music?

Hooves 2011-07-24 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 (Post 3702515)
It's been almost 10 years since RO opened in the Philippines and people are still tied to it a like a religion. I left in 2005 and I still know people who play it.

One of my friends from the Philippines introduced me to RO 3-4 years ago and he's still hooked on it :eyespin: Even showed me some tips (but mostly wanted me to copy his gameplay). I'm amazed people can be addicted to this game for so long.

Melpomene 2011-07-24 18:30

RO2 seems to have changed a little bit since I last took a look at it. The character models seem taller and less pudgy than. I enjoyed RO1 for close to ten years as well, but this one is releasing much too slow. With all the new MMOs coming up I am not certain it will measure up at all. An appearance change can only take it so far. I don't know if it's enough to drag me back into the RO world.

Xion Valkyrie 2011-07-24 21:25

I think there's some fundamental gameplay changes too. They've added cast timers for the skills, whereas in the original RO skills could be spammed (bar after cast delay) as much as you had SP.

I feel like they're making the gameplay too similar to WoW, but without copying any of what makes the new MMOs great (storyline quests, epic immersion, etc).

I mean, you're still killing porings for your tutorial. Compared to the new games like SWTOR or GW2 where you're in epic confronations right after character creation, it's going to feel extremely lackluster to all but the most hardcore of fans.

Duo Maxwell 2011-07-24 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie (Post 3702695)
I think there's some fundamental gameplay changes too. They've added cast timers for the skills, whereas in the original RO skills could be spammed (bar after cast delay) as much as you had SP.

Erm....there was casting timer for skill in RO1. There are 2 type, one is casting time, the other is after cast delay, so I'm pretty sure it's there. The only skills you can spam continuously are those without both, and it's pretty rare anyway.

The reason RO is addicting isn't because of gameplay. I feel like it's because the art, music, and how the world is. You don't see many people bother going to a MMO just to meet and having a chat with friends, or the whole guild gathered just for partying (literally). It's fun in its own way.

Xion Valkyrie 2011-07-25 05:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 3702780)
Erm....there was casting timer for skill in RO1. There are 2 type, one is casting time, the other is after cast delay, so I'm pretty sure it's there. The only skills you can spam continuously are those without both, and it's pretty rare anyway.

The reason RO is addicting isn't because of gameplay. I feel like it's because the art, music, and how the world is. You don't see many people bother going to a MMO just to meet and having a chat with friends, or the whole guild gathered just for partying (literally). It's fun in its own way.

It's been a while since I've played, but most non-spells didn't have cast times, and most attack based skills also didn't have after attack delay.

I mean in WoE it's pretty much a spamfest with Snipers spamming double strafe and chugging sp pots or Creators throwing bombs with a gypsy/bard (forget which) doing magical strings.

The timers I'm talking about are the WoW like ones where you can't use the skill again after 15-30 seconds (depending on the skill).

Von Himmel 2011-07-25 09:57

There was a cast delay in RO1, at least, in a private server that I used to play in. Unlike WoW though, the cooldown/cast delay wasn't that long (1-2 sec to 30++ for big spells) so it's pretty much still can be considered as 'spammable'...

:(
I hope this will be open for open-beta soon so that we can play it..

Duo Maxwell 2011-07-25 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie (Post 3703036)
The timers I'm talking about are the WoW like ones where you can't use the skill again after 15-30 seconds (depending on the skill).

There is after cast delay for a lot of skills in RO1. After renewal, it's even clearer with such spells that have 1 minutes after cast delay (Lol at Warlock's comet with 5 minutes after cast delay that no one bother to use).

Xion Valkyrie 2011-07-25 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 3703223)
There is after cast delay for a lot of skills in RO1. After renewal, it's even clearer with such spells that have 1 minutes after cast delay (Lol at Warlock's comet with 5 minutes after cast delay that no one bother to use).

I guess they changed a lot of stuff after I stopped playing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.