AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106063)

Midonin 2011-08-04 16:02

Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai!

パパのいうことを聞きなさい!
Listen to me girls, I am your father!

So much Japanese media has English subtitles these days. It makes it much easier to get the general idea of what's going on. Most of the time.

Anyhow, from the author of Mayoi Neko Overrun!, a 19-year old man suddenly becomes the father of three sisters, a middle schooler, a fifth grader and a kindergartener. I don't know what happens beyond that, but given the author, I expect it to be zingy.

An anime was recently announced.

Edit: I appear to have put "to" instead of "no" in the title. Could someone patch that up, please?

Micchi 2011-08-04 16:12

Title should be "Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai!".

This is one of my fav LNs: a really heartwarming series. I'm so glad that it's getting an anime, but I had expected it considering the trend of animating LNs and the fact the author wrote Mayoi Neko. Don't look at Sora-chan and just dismiss her as a Haruhi clone! They're nothing alike! Sora-chan is the best <3

Hopefully they don't ruin it with additional fanservice because I feel this series is about family more than anything. Yuuto is a really great guy.

blitz1/2 2011-08-04 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micchi (Post 3716481)
Title should be "Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai!".

This is one of my fav LNs: a really heartwarming series. I'm so glad that it's getting an anime, but I had expected it considering the trend of animating LNs and the fact the author wrote Mayoi Neko. Don't look at Sora-chan and just dismiss her as a Haruhi clone! They're nothing alike! Sora-chan is the best <3

Hopefully they don't ruin it with additional fanservice because I feel this series is about family more than anything. Yuuto is a really great guy.

DOn't remind me of that sankaku trash. They would say any girl with short hair with a ribbon is a haruhi clone >_>

Bring on the wincest (family-cest) w.e!

Starks 2011-08-04 23:12

Haruhi clone is Haruhi.

http://i.imgur.com/9ltWx.jpg

blitz1/2 2011-08-04 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starks (Post 3716934)
Haruhi clone is Haruhi.

http://i.imgur.com/9ltWx.jpg

(facepalms). just when we were finished....

Patriot's Blade 2011-08-04 23:34

bring on the Darth Vader memes because of the title....

BitColdSnow 2011-08-05 03:27

I'm interested in the concept, although was a little skeptical considering the "father" was going to be a college student at first. It's reassuring to know at least that it's more focused on the family aspect. :heh:

Micchi, I also happened to read a little bit of information from another source, but as for whether it's true or not or if it happens to be just simple background info that's going to be revealed sooner or later I have no idea, so could you confirm this for me?

Spoiler for Spoiler?:

MisaoFan 2011-08-05 04:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midonin (Post 3716473)
パパのいうことを聞きなさい!
Listen to me girls, I am your father!

So much Japanese media has English subtitles these days. It makes it much easier to get the general idea of what's going on. Most of the time.

Anyhow, from the author of Mayoi Neko Overrun!, a 19-year old man suddenly becomes the father of three sisters, a middle schooler, a fifth grader and a kindergartener. I don't know what happens beyond that, but given the author, I expect it to be zingy.

An anime was recently announced.

Edit: I appear to have put "to" instead of "no" in the title. Could someone patch that up, please?

The romanized title says as Papa no iu koto o kikinasai! instead of Papa to iu koto o kikinasai!. Correct it please ?

omimon 2011-08-05 04:46

Only thing that matters is the fact that Digital Lover is the original artist.

Zakoo 2011-08-05 05:25

Digital lover ?

THE Digital lover? The one who does the doujinshi? Oww.

Micchi 2011-08-05 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by BitColdSnow (Post 3717145)
I'm interested in the concept, although was a little skeptical considering the "father" was going to be a college student at first. It's reassuring to know at least that it's more focused on the family aspect. :heh:

Micchi, I also happened to read a little bit of information from another source, but as for whether it's true or not or if it happens to be just simple background info that's going to be revealed sooner or later I have no idea, so could you confirm this for me?

Spoiler for Spoiler?:

It's not really a spoiler as it's stated right in the first LN volume's summary.

Spoiler for Yuuto's relationship to the girls:

Of course there will be a lot of interaction between Yuuto and the girls as they adjust to being with each other. The thing I love most is that there's truly a sense of family. Up to this point, Yuuto had always been alone (aside from his sister who checks on him every now and then). So this whole being a father (or guardian if you look at it another way) is totally new to him. It also makes you think twice before having a kid XD

tsunade666 2011-08-05 08:15

I'll be looking forward to this but the illustration really screams haruhi and it's a lol when I see haruhi clone after saying haruhi just from looking at the picture.

Dark Wing 2011-08-05 08:34

Well aside from the whole "haruhi clone" thing...:rolleyes: It all sounds really interesting that Digital Lover did the illusions. That being said I'm looking forward to the douji...umm...I mean premier of this fine story of family..:heh:

MisaoFan 2011-08-05 08:51

Digital Lover's real name is
Spoiler for Illustrator's real name:

Bonta Kun 2011-08-05 19:30

Oh please Haruhi clone with a ahoge totally >>>> Haruhi!:heh:

Anyway this has got my attention, I love family themed stuff and if this keeps to the family theme to a decent degree then I think I'll be a happy chap at the end but won't mean I don't expect some of the usual anime tricks to show up.

So what is Haruhi and imouto-chan doing here anyway?:D

Travisaw 2011-08-07 10:26

Oh wow! Yuka Nakajima?!
This Definitely peaks my interest! I hope they leave it as the same artist for the anime adaptation.
Well, even without knowing it was drawn by her, I might have still watched this show, since I like family oriented stories. <3

~Travis

Miraluka 2011-08-14 00:24

PV from comiket.

blitz1/2 2011-08-14 19:56

I think the one voicing Sora is a new seiyuu because I don't recognise her name.

Kunagisa 2011-08-24 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micchi (Post 3716481)

The manga adaptation is not giving me confidence for the anime adaptation ... feels like this is the type of story that they'll milk for all its fanservicey worth. Hopefully I'm wrong (though I'm only here for Raika :cool:),

gecd 2011-08-27 07:26

so.....will Digital Lover make doujin based on this anime?:heh: