AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Any anime that i SHOULD be watching right now? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106290)

theanimedude 2011-08-14 21:40

Any anime that i SHOULD be watching right now?

hey all!

is there any kind of anime that i SHOULD NOT be missing out on?

Just trying to stay in the loop u know? So far i havent found anything worth it.

I'm talking about anime thatsa going on that could be along the lines of samurai champloo, cowboy bebop, gurren langen or something like that.

I now have a real job and still go to school so its pretty hard to filter through them all!

Thanks for your help!

JRendell 2011-08-14 22:21

imho, probably Steins;Gate. Maybe Nichijou and Kamisama no Memochou too.

Konakaga 2011-08-14 22:50

Definitely Steins;Gate, aside from that from type you're asking for I am not sure.

Elegance 2011-08-14 23:38

Phantom Requiem For The Phantom

JRendell 2011-08-14 23:52

As much as I want to second Phantom, seeing as recommend it everywhere, I think the OP has airing anime as a preference.

Who knows though.

calorie 2011-08-15 00:22

Usagi Drop is something you shouldn't overlook.

Sackett 2011-08-15 20:54

Have you seen Madoka Magica yet?

totoum 2011-08-16 03:25

Steins:Gate for the spring season
Madooka Magica for the winter season
Mawaru Penguin Drum for the summer season

Konakaga 2011-08-16 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 3730228)
Mawaru Penguin Drum for the summer season

This pretty much, I'd second the other two there greatly.

Dist 2011-08-16 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 3730228)
Gintama for the summer season and the seasons to come...

Fixed. Besides if you look what the OP is looking for in his first post, that weirdo Penguin anime doesn't come even close...

KyriaL 2011-08-16 13:20

Perhaps the more highly rated ones are Usagi Drop and Nichijou, possibly No.6 as well.

Pebamama 2011-08-16 16:01

You probably mean the ongoing animes . so i certainly have to recomend Steins;Gate .

I also have to recomend Tige&Bunny. though i don't know if it is your type . but it has a really fresh story.

Sackett 2011-08-17 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pebamama (Post 3730972)
I also have to recomend Tiger &Bunny. though i don't know if it is your type . but it has a really fresh story.

More like an old story told well with a fresh take.

theanimedude 2011-08-17 20:28

u know, i always wonder how i ever kept up back in high school.

is Nichijou related to azumanga daioh????? The artwork seems very similar.

ahelo 2011-08-18 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by theanimedude (Post 3732594)
u know, i always wonder how i ever kept up back in high school.

is Nichijou related to azumanga daioh????? The artwork seems very similar.

It's the same genre but completely different in terms of humour and everything. I would highly recommend it though.

For current anime to not miss out on:

Madoka Magica (12 episodes): It's a full-on must. Its been the buzz since the start of last year, even after it has ended its legacy will not be forgotten.

Steins;Gate (Currently on episode 20): It's for the currently airing season. If you love getting your head screwed and the concept of time (wait Madoka is also like this) then this is your show.

Ano Hana (11 episodes): While Madoka Magica was for the winter, Anohana is for the spring. A highly popular and critically acclaimed anime from the director of Toradora.

Mawaru Penguindrum (Currently on episode 5): This one is for the summer season. Its from the director of the 15 year old anime Utena, Ikuhara. Very unconventional but with lovely artistic and symbolic details that will surely make you drop your jaw.

articuzwolf 2011-08-18 07:46

Kaiji and Tiger & Bunny should be enough...

theanimedude 2011-08-18 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahelo (Post 3733110)
It's the same genre but completely different in terms of humour and everything. I would highly recommend it though.

For current anime to not miss out on:

Madoka Magica (12 episodes): It's a full-on must. Its been the buzz since the start of last year, even after it has ended its legacy will not be forgotten.

Steins;Gate (Currently on episode 20): It's for the currently airing season. If you love getting your head screwed and the concept of time (wait Madoka is also like this) then this is your show.

Ano Hana (11 episodes): While Madoka Magica was for the winter, Anohana is for the spring. A highly popular and critically acclaimed anime from the director of Toradora.

Mawaru Penguindrum (Currently on episode 5): This one is for the summer season. Its from the director of the 15 year old anime Utena, Ikuhara. Very unconventional but with lovely artistic and symbolic details that will surely make you drop your jaw.

yeah, anohana was soooo lovely. i really loved how sentimental it was. we'll see how the others are. Gosh i really miss cowboy bepop and samurai champloo types... where are they all?!??!? its been too many years now! hurry up and make something as epic as those already :(

Elegance 2011-08-18 19:01

Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal
Kure-nai

animeguru 2011-08-22 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elegance (Post 3728857)
Phantom Requiem For The Phantom

You should watch this one.

No words for it, it s ***** good.

*****=VERY!!!!

xPurpleSour 2011-08-29 15:28

Soul Eater is one of the greatest animes ever you should watch that its basicly what got me into animes