AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Looking for some violent mech anime/animation. (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106293)

Tetra Vaal 2011-08-15 01:15

Looking for some violent mech anime/animation.

Doesn't even have to be Japanese, but I'm starving for violent mecha anime. I'm talking about stuff similar to 'Blue Gender' or even 'Burst Angel'-- even though that series underwhelms severely as it progresses. I've seen stuff like 'M.D. Geist' and 'Genocyber', so I'm not sure what else there is other than that. But like I said, even if there's mecha animation coming out from countries other than Japan and if they're pretty violent, recommend them here. I've seen 'Evangelion', I've seen some mildly bloody parts in 'Eureka Seven', but those shows don't really do it for me from the violent aspect. I'm on a hardcore gritty kick right now... been watching a lot of replays of 'RoboCop', 'District 9', 'The Fly', and 'The Thing' lately-- really starving for some similar grime in the mecha genre, but I have a feeling that will be very hard to come by.

NoLongerSane 2011-08-15 01:30

I recommend watching Mazinkaiser SKL.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-08-15 01:45

Have you seen Gundam Unicorn, Broken Blade, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Appleseed movies? Those are quite new and violent. There's occasional blood too. If you can stand Burst Angel, then you'll almost definitely happy with the above titles. Also, I don't have to recommend Ghost in the Shell (movies & series) to you, right?

NoLongerSane 2011-08-15 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3728936)
Have you seen Gundam Unicorn, Broken Blade, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Appleseed movies? Those are quite new and violent. There's occasional blood too. If you can stand Burst Angel, then you'll almost definitely happy with the above titles. Also, I don't have to recommend Ghost in the Shell (movies & series) to you, right?

Lol, thanks for reminding me of the Gundam and Broken Blade series. I second both of them.

Tetra Vaal 2011-08-15 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3728936)

None of those are violent or bloody-- not compared to the titles I listed in my original post-- and yes, I've seen all of those titles.

Quote:

I recommend watching Mazinkaiser SKL.
Seen it.

Niji 2011-08-15 16:03

Innocent Venus has some pretty gritty scenes. Dont remember which epis, might be more towards the end. But it is only 12 epis anyway.

Tetra Vaal 2011-08-15 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niji (Post 3729593)
Innocent Venus has some pretty gritty scenes. Dont remember which epis, might be more towards the end. But it is only 12 epis anyway.

Just checked out a couple trailers, this looks very promising. Thanks.

mecharobot 2011-08-16 14:16

The Mazinkaiser OVA (not SKL) also had a bit of violence, especially the General of Darkness one. Shin Getter Robo should have some too.

Aqua Knight 2011-08-16 14:59

Break Blade I third or whatever it.