AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) Digimon Xros Wars 2: Hunter Boys running through Time (Digimon Season 7) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106530)

DRAGUN H.E.X. 2011-08-26 04:36

Digimon Xros Wars 2: Hunter Boys running through Time (Digimon Season 7)
 
the sequel to Digimon Xros Wars
http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...3581935265.jpg

DmonHiro 2011-08-26 08:28

Dear lord... didn't the first one suck enough? What ever happened to stuff like Tamers?

FireChick 2011-08-26 08:29

Why does that blue Digimon look like a cross between Veemon and Shoutmon?:heh:

yellowscarves 2011-08-26 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by DmonHiro (Post 3743218)
Dear lord... didn't the first one suck enough? What ever happened to stuff like Tamers?

I don't know about you, but I found Xros Wars to be quite enjoyable at times. The only thing that irks me is the focus on fusions rather than the typical digivolutions. Tamers is by far my favorite season, and it hasn't been anywhere near as good since but this is a welcome improvement over Savers.

Oh, and that digimon on the very left in the shadows looks like Gabumon.

FireChick 2011-08-26 12:23

Quote:

Oh, and that digimon on the very left in the shadows looks like Gabumon.
It's a different type of Gabumon named Psychemon. See?

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Psychemon

Sage Shinigami 2011-08-26 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by DmonHiro (Post 3743218)
Dear lord... didn't the first one suck enough? What ever happened to stuff like Tamers?

They forgot it, thankfully. Xros Wars wasn't the best series, but mehhh...better than Tamers/Frontier.

bakAnki 2011-08-26 16:58

Yeah it's not that great, but it still enjoyable. Well, at least for me ^^a

Shame that first teaser pic include too many new characters and didn't hint return of Zenjirou, Akari, Kiriha, or Nene. I hate Yuu due to his portrayal but if on the sequel he will be less creepy and annoying then it'll be good. I like Damemon (Tsuwamon, to be exact) anyway.

And Shoutmon looks great with the scarf :D

Chaos2Frozen 2011-08-26 17:28

Ehh?? Is this series one that good? The only other Digimon series that got a direct sequel was the very first Adventure....

Maybe it's time to start...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DmonHiro (Post 3743218)
What ever happened to stuff like Tamers?

Hear hear! Dark children Animes for the win!

Rejuvenation 2011-08-26 18:39

I haven't enjoyed a Digimon season this much since Tamers so its nice that its popular enough to get a second series. Looking forward to this as long as it doesn't become another 02. I'm optimistic since I don't think anything can manage to be as bad as 02 or Savers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 3743609)

Hear hear! Dark children Animes for the win!

The 2nd half of Xros Wars is darker than the first half.

Chaos2Frozen 2011-08-26 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rejuvenation (Post 3743649)
The 2nd half of Xros Wars is darker than the first half.

Interesting... I might just go back to this series :)

Yuna Amakura 2011-08-26 19:45

I doubt they will do another Digimon series as good as Tamers ever again. Pity, since the thing they came up with was...Digimon Xros Wars. It nearly made me give up on the whole franchise from now on.

Chaos2Frozen 2011-08-26 19:56

I'm not asking for alot since in the end this is still a Children's show, but alittle mindfuck here and there, and when Digimons die they don't care-bear and sugar-coat it to make them just revert back to eggs >.>

Kurosu 2011-08-26 19:59

It's dark in a sense, but it's still milquetoast. Not dark like tamers, nor as deep.

Chaos2Frozen 2011-08-26 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurosu (Post 3743701)
It's dark in a sense, but it's still milquetoast. Not dark like tamers, nor as deep.

*checks the dictionary*

What the h- There's a word that sums up the Harem Leads of old into one word and nobody has used it before :twitch: ?!

Guess you can learn something new everyday... :heh:

FlareKnight 2011-08-26 23:47

Not bad that they are getting a full sequel for this. Will say it's actually better than the last few digimon series that have come out so best to keep going with a good thing. Though hopefully that's not the full cast. If Taiki and Yuu are the only characters coming into this it'll be disappointing. It'll continue one flaw of that series of just dumping characters rather than finding ways of keeping them involved.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 3743696)
I'm not asking for alot since in the end this is still a Children's show, but alittle mindfuck here and there, and when Digimons die they don't care-bear and sugar-coat it to make them just revert back to eggs >.>

Considering it is a children's show not sure how much 'mindfuck' one can ask for :heh:. Don't think it was nearly so horrible to have digimon revert to eggs when killed. Just a more obvious kind of reincarnation. Not like the baby digimon ever acted like they had lived long lives (at least from what I can remember).

Chaos2Frozen 2011-08-27 02:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlareKnight (Post 3743927)
Considering it is a children's show not sure how much 'mindfuck' one can ask for :heh:. Don't think it was nearly so horrible to have digimon revert to eggs when killed. Just a more obvious kind of reincarnation. Not like the baby digimon ever acted like they had lived long lives (at least from what I can remember).


You know, like that thing that happened to Ken from Zero-Two that made him into a royal asshole or that thing that happened to Jeri from Tamers that gave her a psychotic break :heh:

I remembered the death aspect also bothered me alot every since Frontier Sugar-Coat it... I don't know if it was because I've entered my rebellious teen phase that everything must be dark and miserable, but I distinctively remembered being put-off by Frontier because of that...

FlareKnight 2011-08-27 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 3744034)
You know, like that thing that happened to Ken from Zero-Two that made him into a royal asshole or that thing that happened to Jeri from Tamers that gave her a psychotic break :heh:

I remembered the death aspect also bothered me alot every since Frontier Sugar-Coat it... I don't know if it was because I've entered my rebellious teen phase that everything must be dark and miserable, but I distinctively remembered being put-off by Frontier because of that...

Those were definitely some bad times. Minus the bad series of digimon, have been pretty happy how they've been able to throw out some dark times without making the series too depressing. Some darkness is fine to add a level to the series, but still like some good results.

I more or less managed to eject all memory of Frontier from my mind so barely remember anything about it :heh:.

Guido 2011-08-29 22:10

These are the names and seiyuu for the new cast:

Second google-head boy after Taiki:
Taigiru Akashi (明石タギル, Akashi Taigiru, voiced by Yuki Kaida )
Partner: Gamudramon (ガムドラモン, Gamudoramon, voiced by Teiyu Ichiryusai).

Boy wearing cap:
Ren Tobari (戸張レン, Tobari Ren, Voiced by Shōji Umeka)
Partner: Dracmon (Dorakumon).

Silver-haired boy:
Ryouma Mogami (最上リョウマ, Mogami Ryōma, Voiced by Junko Minagawa )
Partner: Psychemon (Saikemon).

Blondie girl:
Airu Suzaki (洲崎アイル, Suzaki Airu, voiced by Ami Koshimizu )
Partner: Opossumon (Opossamon).

Leo_Otaku 2011-08-29 22:15

I was like what time?? I was hoping they would go back in time and meet the older series cast XD

I too loved Tamers the best, that was the best of them all. I too hope this new one won't be like 02 >.> I do wish they would have the old character designers come back for this!

Same_Shark 2011-08-30 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guido (Post 3747302)
These are the names and seiyuu for the new cast:

Second google-head boy after Taiki:
Taigiru Akashi (明石タギル, Akashi Taigiru, voiced by Yuki Kaida )
Partner: Gamudramon (ガムドラモン, Gamudoramon, voiced by Teiyu Ichiryusai).

Boy wearing cap:
Ren Tobari (戸張レン, Tobari Ren, Voiced by Shōji Umeka)
Partner: Dracmon (Dorakumon).

Silver-haired boy:
Ryouma Mogami (最上リョウマ, Mogami Ryōma, Voiced by Junko Minagawa )
Partner: Psychemon (Saikemon).

Blondie girl:
Airu Suzaki (洲崎アイル, Suzaki Airu, voiced by Ami Koshimizu )
Partner: Opossumon (Opossamon).

I might have to watch this time. Quite the cast there.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:37.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.