AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Umineko (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   [Game] [PS3] Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru ~Nocturne of Truth and Illusions~ (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106629)

GAtakito 2011-07-23 23:16

[Game] [PS3] Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru ~Nocturne of Truth and Illusions~
 
Check this out:

Spoiler for New Title:


:eyespin::eyespin::eyespin::eyespin::eyespin:

MainCharacter 2011-07-24 01:21

I can't wait to see the opening for it.

I also wonder if the PSP titles will get new openings...

immblueversion 2011-07-24 14:25

Since 夜想曲 means "nocturne," I wonder if they'll actually pronounce it as "Nocturne (Nokutaan)" instead of "Yasoukyoku," like how the previous title pronounced 輪舞曲 as "Rondo" instead of "Rinbukyoku."

zorahk 2011-07-24 18:03

Of course it will be, and actually it is very common for things like this to be used as ateji rather than reading them for real because word like 夜想曲 sound very old fashioned where as ノクターン does not.

the kanji is really just there for stylization and meaning clarification, not because we want to pronounce it like that. It's too old-school. We still write shanghai as 上海 but that doesn't mean we pronounce it Joukai or something stupid japan-ified like that, we still say shanghai. (bad example but you still get the point)

do you write アメリカ as 亜米利加 or フランス as 仏蘭西? yeah I didn't think so.

There are lots of semi-old fashioned words that exist because of the boom of 外来語 when Japan opened up during the meiji restoration.
Most of these words exist as literal translations of western words that were then converted into kanji. 夜想曲 is one of these 外来語
Some of them are quite a mouthful, and trying to figure out how to translate words like 系譜尊敬主義 (which makes perfect sense as a word in Japanese but none in english) is quite a daunting task, and not something I like to do every day.
many gairaigo are now used kind of along side their katakana equivalents though. So some harder to understand gairaigo are now being replaced.

-native english/japanese speaker, translation specialist.

Sheep_ 2011-07-24 18:12

Well if think think about what the title says in English then.

Well if Nocturne is a style of music composed to movements dealing with night the title is implying that it’s the darker side of truth and illusion. Which makes sense seeing as eps 7/8 deal with what is the truth and what is hidden with in the lies and truth people tell.

Much like how the first game’s subtext was Rondo of the Witch and Reasoning. Rondo being a form of music/dance composed of four movements. With witch and reasoning being taken as Battler deducing his way through 4 movements a.k.a eps trying to prove Beatrice wasn’t real.

It's kinda interesting if you look at it from a music stand point, both titles have styles of music. One meaning something of 4 movements not used much anymore and Nocturne normally spanning 2-4 movements but is used still compared to a rondo.

immblueversion 2011-07-24 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorahk (Post 3702544)
Of course it will be, and actually it is very common for things like this to be used as ateji rather than reading them for real because word like 夜想曲 sound very old fashioned where as ノクターン does not.

the kanji is really just there for stylization and meaning clarification, not because we want to pronounce it like that. It's too old-school. We still write shanghai as 上海 but that doesn't mean we pronounce it Joukai or something stupid japan-ified like that, we still say shanghai. (bad example but you still get the point)

do you write アメリカ as 亜米利加 or フランス as 仏蘭西? yeah I didn't think so.

There are lots of semi-old fashioned words that exist because of the boom of 外来語 when Japan opened up during the meiji restoration.
Most of these words exist as literal translations of western words that were then converted into kanji. 夜想曲 is one of these 外来語
Some of them are quite a mouthful, and trying to figure out how to translate words like 系譜尊敬主義 (which makes perfect sense as a word in Japanese but none in english) is quite a daunting task, and not something I like to do every day.
many gairaigo are now used kind of along side their katakana equivalents though. So some harder to understand gairaigo are now being replaced.

-native english/japanese speaker, translation specialist.

I've read plenty of raw manga and whatnot to get all that.

zorahk 2011-07-24 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by immblueversion (Post 3702583)
I've read plenty of raw manga and whatnot to get all that.

actually manga is kind of an exception, because authors put kanji next to unrelated furigana sometimes for comic effect and such.

actually now that I think about it manga is a terrible example of how to use the japanese language lol.

well actually japanese people in general are pretty bad at speaking japanese so.

immblueversion 2011-07-24 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorahk (Post 3702651)
actually manga is kind of an exception, because authors put kanji next to unrelated furigana sometimes for comic effect and such.

actually now that I think about it manga is a terrible example of how to use the japanese language lol.

well actually japanese people in general are pretty bad at speaking japanese so.

Many of us learn Japanese from manga. It's a sad truth.

zorahk 2011-07-25 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by immblueversion (Post 3702763)
Many of us learn Japanese from manga. It's a sad truth.

yeah I wouldn't really recommend that cuz manga is not exactly a bastion of correct grammar or "good Japanese"

haguruma 2011-07-28 13:55

The Umineko domain http://umine.co/ is now divided into several subsites for 推理と魔女の輪舞曲, 真実と幻想の夜想曲, 黄金夢想曲X and うみねこportable.
The PS3 version of Chiru still has no content, but the page for the PSP version is already quite updated http://www.umine.co/portable/.

I personally love the cover for the first game. The second cover depends on what the colour is going to be...of course they'd use Ange and Eva-Beatrice, but I hope the colours will match. And I'm pretty excited considering they already inserted slots for vol. 3 and vol. 4 announcing they will be EP5 & 6 and EP7 & 8.

In an interview it seems Ryukishi already announced that they will follow sometime next year. Depends on how trustworthy the sources are and if they really did quote Mainichi Shinbun Digital...but it would be strange for them to mention them on the official page if they had no plans for actually doing them.

So...YAY for not having to buy a PS3 right now after all.

AyaSai 2011-07-30 19:00

YAY! Umineko Chiru PS3 Port!

Can't wait to see Erika, Dlanor, Cornelia, Gertrude, (I would say Zepar and Furfur, but I already saw them in Ougon Musou Kyoku), Featherinne/Hachijo, Young Kinzo, Lion, Clair and Will sprite. Even the seiyu for the new characters of Chiru!

I hope they'll have either Kazuya Nakai or Takahiro Sakurai as the seiyuu for Will, MOSTLY Kazuya Nakai. *fingers crossed* And maybe have Mai Nakahara for voicing Dlanor. Please.. *still crossing fingers*

immblueversion 2011-07-30 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by haguruma (Post 3706920)
In an interview it seems Ryukishi already announced that they will follow sometime next year. Depends on how trustworthy the sources are and if they really did quote Mainichi Shinbun Digital...but it would be strange for them to mention them on the official page if they had no plans for actually doing them.

Follow what next year, exactly?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyaSai (Post 3709813)
I hope they'll have either Kazuya Nakai or Takahiro Sakurai as the seiyuu for Will, MOSTLY Kazuya Nakai. *fingers crossed* And maybe have Mai Nakahara for voicing Dlanor. Please.. *still crossing fingers*

But what about Soichiro Hoshi? It'd be cool if they got him involved...

Bluemail 2011-07-30 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by immblueversion (Post 3709838)
But what about Soichiro Hoshi? It'd be cool if they got him involved...

That's Keiichi's voice actor, right? It would be fun indeed, as the first thought I had of Will when I saw the EP7 portrait for the first time was that he was going to be a meta-version of Keiichi. :p

AyaSai 2011-07-30 20:34

Whoa! I never noticed.

Mostly I see Willard looking like a certain/familiar character from Persona 3 (even did that headbutt like him). Or imagining Willard had a bit of a stotic voice like Takahiro or Kazuya

Hmm... *imagines Keiichi Soichiro Hoshi shouting one of Van Dine's Commandments*

Kirroha 2011-07-30 21:48

I still want Miyano Mamoru for Will.

ShikiGamiLD 2011-07-31 11:20

http://blog-imgs-42.fc2.com/s/t/r/st...0117252118.png

immblueversion 2011-07-31 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShikiGamiLD (Post 3710628)

Where's a wide-eyed Smilie when you need one?

RedKey 2011-07-31 11:43

Is this official? Moreover, if it's official is it the only new sprite we know about?

immblueversion 2011-07-31 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedKey (Post 3710664)
Is this official? Moreover, if it's official is it the only new sprite we know about?

Not sure. I am looking at some of the already-existing sprites of Bernkastel and cannot rule out the possibility that this is a damn good photoshop. Then again, the official artists may go so far...

Joly 2011-07-31 15:00

It's not official. That edited sprite has been around for a long time. It's easy to tell it's a photoshopped sprite of Bernkastel through the linework of her dress... and I highly doubt they would re-use Bernkastel's pose for Erika. =P


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.