AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Beloved anime characters that may hated in real life (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106715)

Kameruka 2011-09-05 18:29

Beloved anime characters that may hated in real life
 
I had plenty of them in my mind:

Cold-hearted bishounens from shoujo shows. No further description on this one.

Any yandere girls will be known as "monsters" in real life especially by the press, regardless how many people agree with them.

Any women-phobic male harem leads will be shunned as "gay" in real life.

Any ojou-type characters will be hated for their arrogance.

Would you like to have Kirino as your little sister? Probably not, especially those who didn't had "little sister" fetish.

Haru and Sora will likely separated from the society and treated like "freaks" at best.

Archon_Wing 2011-09-05 19:10

Yep, IRL tsunderes and yanderes, if referring to the standard anime issue ones, would be terrible. :heh:

Ichuki 2011-09-05 19:41

Definitely tsunderes, yanderes, and yangires

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-09-06 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ichuki (Post 3756327)
Definitely tsunderes, yanderes, and yangires

Yup, also some megalomaniac like Lelouch Lamperouge and Light Yagami who think that people are just chess pieces and would definitely kill anyone that gets in their way. Actually, that also applied to many antagonists out there, but Light and Lelouch are main characters and loved by many.

4Tran 2011-09-06 11:58

Entertaining and interesting fictional characters are entertaining and interesting from a distance. Think of famous ones like Sherlock Holmes: he'd be utterly insufferable if you had to spend any time with him.

In anime, the problem is made worse because a lot of anime characters have overly exaggerated personality quirks. These lend them to being more like caricatures than as real persons.

Chiibi 2011-09-09 21:03

I wouldn't mind if Kirino was my little sis but since I am female and otaku also, I don't think I'd get any abuse from her. :heh:
However I would try to push her into playing the dating sims for GIRLS.
I'd be like "Girl, if you think little sisters are cute, you need to see shota". :D

Ithekro 2011-09-09 21:20

What if you were Kirino...how would you handle your "brother"?

Chiibi 2011-09-09 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithekro (Post 3760903)
What if you were Kirino...how would you handle your "brother"?

I wouldn't treat him so badly.:( He's a wonderful brother.

Vexx 2011-09-10 15:15

Someone like Yui (K-On) would actually drive me nuts with extended exposure.

Sheba 2011-09-10 15:26

I would be coldly cruel and bitterly sardonic toward characters like Ayu and Fuuko. And my mindset would be set on "What the fuck is your fucking problem? You are so full of shit!" toward tsundere.

Forsaken_Infinity 2011-09-10 22:54

I am a hater and would hate pretty much everyone - no exceptions.

Triple_R 2011-09-11 01:18

The problem with a lot of anime characters is that they don't have an "off" switch, if you know what I mean. Or, if they do have one, the anime with them in it never portrays that.

Like, if Yui Hirasawa was in full-"Genki Girl" Yui mode 10-to-20% of the time, but was just basically a normal human being the other 90-to-80% of the time, that little bit of "Genki Girl" quirkiness could actually be pretty endearing in a real life person (to me at least). But to be around someone who's like that all the time would get tiresome pretty fast, yeah.


With this in mind, I'd like to see more anime characters like Okabe from Steins;Gate. Characters with an eccentric persona, but one they can "turn off" when its appropriate to do so.

Ichuki 2011-09-11 01:31

I think people like Ayase from OreImo and Haruhi might get hated too

Triple_R 2011-09-11 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ichuki (Post 3762382)
I think people like Ayase from OreImo

By otakus, sure.

By the general population, though? I don't see any reason why. The general population isn't going to care that Ayase is anti-otaku.

Actually, Ayase strikes me as a smoother "real life fit" than most anime characters.


Quote:

...and Haruhi might get hated too
For the most part, yes, I'll admit that. She'd probably have her sympathizers though.

Ithekro 2011-09-11 10:46

Well she'd be infamous whereever she was.

Akuma Kinomoto 2011-09-11 16:18

But we wouldn't have time to hate Haruhi because she'd be causing the apocalypse if she threw a fit. Or just make it so that there's nothing but admiration for her.

Since most entertaining fictional characters would be really hard to get along with IRL, how about someone who can mesh with us quite easily?

...I'll get back to this when I can think of any.

Kaioshin Sama 2011-09-11 16:28

The entire cast of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:

Haruhi would probably be seen as too bitchy, impulsive and reckless to have much in the way of friends. Yuki would be seen as too boring and introverted to have much in the way of friends. Mikuru would probably seen as too ditzy and clumsy to have much in the way of female friends, though guys might try to hang around her for her looks. Kyon would be seen as a drag and whiner that nobody would want to hand out with and I'm reasonably sure most people would just find Itsuki kind of creepy.

Triple_R 2011-09-11 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 3763124)
The entire cast of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:

Haruhi would probably be seen as too bitchy, impulsive and reckless to have much in the way of friends. Yuki would be seen as too boring and introverted to have much in the way of friends. Mikuru would probably seen as too ditzy and clumsy to have much in the way of female friends, though guys might try to hang around her for her looks. Kyon would be seen as a drag and whiner that nobody would want to hand out with and I'm reasonably sure most people would just find Itsuki kind of creepy.

You know, maybe that's why they work well as a group. They really do need each other. :heh:

In Itsuki's case, though, I honestly think he'd be very popular with girls.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto (Post 3763117)
But we wouldn't have time to hate Haruhi because she'd be causing the apocalypse if she threw a fit. Or just make it so that there's nothing but admiration for her.

Since most entertaining fictional characters would be really hard to get along with IRL, how about someone who can mesh with us quite easily?

...I'll get back to this when I can think of any.

For those of us 25 or over... Kotetsu from Tiger and Bunny. I think he'd be a great guy to be friends with.

For those of us 24 or under... Kyousuke from Ore no Imouto. Very flexible, tries to be upbeat, is somewhat into otaku past-times, but is still conscientious of societal norms (and hence not likely to embarrass the crap out of you while you're out in public together).

Akuma Kinomoto 2011-09-11 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple_R (Post 3763135)
In Itsuki's case, though, I honestly think he'd be very popular with girls.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into the fandom's reaction around him, but Koizumi seems to get rather comfortable around Kyon. He'd probably be the most attractive guy IRL otherwise.
Quote:

For those of us 25 or over... Kotetsu from Tiger and Bunny. I think he'd be a great guy to be friends with.

For those of us 24 or under... Kyousuke from Ore no Imouto. Very flexible, tries to be upbeat, is somewhat into otaku past-times, but is still conscientious of societal norms (and hence not likely to embarrass the crap out of you while you're out in public together).
And my refusal to watch on-going shows comes back to haunt me.

But now that you mention it, Ryuji from Toradora! is portrayed much the same, barring the otaku culture thing.

I'm also tempted to say Yang Wenli from Legend of the Galactic Heroes. If you can just ignore his strategic omnipotence, you'd have a pretty laid-back guy to study World (Galactic? :heh:) History with, and maybe a drinking buddy?

Guernsey 2011-09-11 18:43

Kyon

He would be a really crappy perosn to meet in real life.

Shinji Ikari

You know, there are lots of people who would "love" to meet him in real life however I would personally take him to a therapist and get him out of his shell. It may take awhile but I believe he can change and become a better person as his problems aren't really anything new.

Haruki Suzumiya

This girl is so hyperactive and mean that she would hated by a lot of people.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:17.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.