AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Macross (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Macross 30th Anniversary speculation/discussion thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106965)

pinoy78 2011-09-18 20:31

Macross 30th Anniversary speculation/discussion thread
 
Macross 30th LOGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000...450/#eid408453

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000...w1_640x480.jpg

Darthtabby 2011-09-18 20:40

So there's something going on for the 30th Anniversary, the question is what. It seems a bit early for any sort of new big production right after Sayonara no Tsubasa.

Is this the right thread for this kind of discussion?

MichiNekoChan 2011-09-18 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darthtabby (Post 3771708)
So there's something going on for the 30th Anniversary, the question is what. It seems a bit early for any sort of new big production right after Sayonara no Tsubasa.

Is this the right thread for this kind of discussion?

it is now XD

sa547 2011-09-19 02:30

Next year has me thinking much, especially with open-ended conclusions and hints scattered somewhere across merchandise and publications brought on by Frontier.

raile 2011-09-19 02:45

Ohh...this is gonna be good. :D

Westlo 2011-09-19 02:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darthtabby (Post 3771708)
So there's something going on for the 30th Anniversary, the question is what. It seems a bit early for any sort of new big production right after Sayonara no Tsubasa.

Doesn't really matter, Satelight (Frontier) and 8-Bit (Infinite Stratos) are already working on Aquarion EVOL to air next year. It's their big project after Sayonara no Tsubasa. 8-Bit are made up of ex Studio Satelight members, a lot of who worked on Macross Frontier. Weird to see them make that separate company and than work with Satelight for 3 projects... MF Movie 1, MF Movie 2 and now Aquarion EVOL. Though I guess Bones did the same thing with Sunrise initially...

Anyway like I posted in the Sayonrara thread.

Macross 25 was announced in June of 07, Deculture was aired Dec, series started in Spring 2008.

They don't have to air Macross 30 in 2012, it can be aired in 2013. After the success of Macross Frontier it would be silly to pass up on the chance for a 30th anniversary show. I'll guess we'll start to get hints after Aquarion EVOL airs.

Yot-chan 2011-09-19 07:54

I have it from a pretty reliable source that they're looking to do something...small...for the 30th Anniversary.

So uh...don't get your hopes up TOO high.

Remember that Satelight started developing Frontier while Zero was still coming out, but as far as anyone has said, the Frontier movies have been taking up all of their time for the past couple of years.

triangler_fans1 2011-09-19 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yot-chan (Post 3772196)
I have it from a pretty reliable source that they're looking to do something...small...for the 30th Anniversary.

So uh...don't get your hopes up TOO high.

Remember that Satelight started developing Frontier while Zero was still coming out, but as far as anyone has said, the Frontier movies have been taking up all of their time for the past couple of years.

Maybe a CD homage , a special book by Mikimoto and a live concert with all the idols?

:upset:

Yot-chan 2011-09-19 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by triangler_fans1 (Post 3772348)
Maybe a CD homage , a special book drawing by Mikimoto and a live concert with all the idols?

:upset:

I'd personally like to see any or all of those.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a Flashback 2012/Nyan Clip-type OVA, but using ALL the series...however, as one of my friends pointed out, fans can do that just as easily as the creators now...

Tak 2011-09-19 11:06

My vote: A Zentradi high-school dating sim!

.
.
.
.
.
.


In all seriousness, how about a Macross SRPG game with customizable valkyries and pilot-development characteristics?

I miss the old Macross tactical games, those were classics :(

- Tak

Shiroth 2011-09-19 13:39

I'd like to have TV series announcement, but frankly what's been said in this thread makes a lot of sense. Not going to get my hopes up, and will hopefully be pleased with whatever is announced.

Especially if it's a Zentradi high-school dating sim.

Tak 2011-09-19 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3772492)
Especially if it's a Zentradi high-school dating sim.

Such game would have one good end for every 20 bad-to-terrible ends, each with the player dying horribly under circumstances that could only be described as mind-boggling. :heh:

For example... if you try to two-timer Milia:

She won't just be mistaking water for oil... she'd grill you like a piece of meat that you are :heh:

- Tak

Lancel 2011-09-20 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 3772497)
Such game would have one good end for every 20 bad-to-terrible ends, each with the player dying horribly under circumstances that could only be described as mind-boggling. :heh:

For example... if you try to two-timer Milia:

She won't just be mistaking water for oil... she'd grill you like a piece of meat that you are :heh:

- Tak

This would be a pretty funny and fun dating sim if it had a full combat system and tons of fighting. FPS/Dating Sim would be hilarious.

Kunagisa 2011-09-20 20:45

I think a "The Super Dimension Fortress Macross" remake or a "Macross the First" manga-anime adaptation (same thing really) would be the best thing that come out of this for me.

http://puu.sh/5TS2

I still miss Minmei ;__;

Yot-chan 2011-09-20 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuopidget (Post 3774033)
I think a "The Super Dimension Fortress Macross" remake or a "Macross the First" manga-anime adaptation (same thing really) would be the best thing that come out of this for me.

And I still think that's a terrible, terrible idea... :)

triangler_fans1 2011-09-20 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yot-chan (Post 3774144)
And I still think that's a terrible, terrible idea... :)

I agree!

I need something new. Macross Frontier was a good example.

Shiroth 2011-09-21 03:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yot-chan (Post 3774144)
And I still think that's a terrible, terrible idea... :)

I also agree. Maybe a special music video animating some of the scenes from Macross the First would be a better idea.

sweet-d 2011-09-21 04:16

Yeah I'd also like a new series.

Westlo 2011-09-21 04:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yot-chan (Post 3772196)
Remember that Satelight started developing Frontier while Zero was still coming out, but as far as anyone has said, the Frontier movies have been taking up all of their time for the past couple of years.

While working on the movies 8-Bit produced a pretty high quality (in terms of production) series in Infinite Stratos this Jan and them and Satelight are currently working on Aquarion EVOL which I'm guessing will be airing Spring 2012.

The Frontier movies should have no bearing on what they do the next couple years in regards to potential output. It's not like the animators will have any involvement until well after the project has been greenlit.

Yot-chan 2011-09-21 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 3774469)
The Frontier movies should have no bearing on what they do the next couple years in regards to potential output. It's not like the animators will have any involvement until well after the project has been greenlit.

Yeah, but if they start developing something, I dunno, tomorrow...it still won't be ready in time for the 30th anniversary (unless it's something small). 32nd or 33rd, maybe.

On a related note (which I may have mentioned before, and forgive me if I have), back in February, at an event, someone asked Hidetaka Tenjin (who did "mechanical art" for Frontier...which as far I can tell means he created the CGI models of the mecha, and perhaps choreographed the fight scenes as well) about what the staff was thinking about for the 30th Anniversary. His response was, "I think I just finished making a movie, and I'd like to rest for a while!"

Admittedly, that was nearly seven months ago, but still...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.