AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Tenjo Tenge! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=10698)

ACE2003 2004-04-01 14:04

Tenjo Tenge!
 
Spoiler:

Lucier 2004-04-01 21:02

For someone who hasn't read the manga, I liked ep1 =D

brightman 2004-04-01 21:33

If this anime will turn out anything like the manga, then this will be a contender for best anime of the season... :)

How's the pace though? Does it go through the whole Chapter 1 (Souchiro-Aya encounter) or more or less?

ACE2003 2004-04-02 01:24

Spoiler:

emessen 2004-04-02 01:50

as someone's who has read up to volume 10 of the manga...

i cant say i have much hope for this anime...
the manga sure is drawn out.. and aside from
the fighting, and fanservice... i dont see how this is
so different from ikkitousen... well.. aside from the more
crazy fantasy element

Slade 2004-04-02 02:47

Tenjo Tenge Anime
 
This must be the 2nd thread I've started since I began posting here... never the less, the new Tenjo Tenge anime is out. Download it and watch it.

I personally think the animation is good... but the character design's been butchered up a bit... the music seems a bit corny but I feel it'll grow on me.

All you Tenjo Tenge manga readers out there will also notice a few obvious differences. Overall, I deem this anime very watchable and I await the 2nd episode with anticipation.

If you don't mind alil Fanservice(ok, alot) and enjoy action/comedy anime. Check Tenjo Tenge out, you'll be pleasently suprised.

Episode 1 rating 7.5/10.

ACE2003 2004-04-02 03:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by emessen
as someone's who has read up to volume 10 of the manga...

i cant say i have much hope for this anime...
the manga sure is drawn out.. and aside from
the fighting, and fanservice... i dont see how this is
so different from ikkitousen... well.. aside from the more
crazy fantasy element


Ikkitousen and Tenjo Tenge aren't even the same leauge. Tenjo Tenge gets WAY better, especially after Volume 5. Ikkitousen is all about the fan-service while Tenjo Tenge hooks you with the fan-service, then throws in an interesting backstory to boot. That's what got me hooked to it. Hopefully the anime won't pace itself too slow.

emessen 2004-04-02 03:16

the back story was weak because it was too long...
it left out souchiro and bob for what 2 volumes?

and it's the same genre.. school kids who fight eachother
to prove whos the strongest...

big whoop...

ACE2003 2004-04-02 03:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slade
This must be the 2nd thread I've started since I began posting here... never the less, the new Tenjo Tenge anime is out. Download it and watch it.

I personally think the animation is good... but the character design's been butchered up a bit... the music seems a bit corny but I feel it'll grow on me.

All you Tenjo Tenge manga readers out there will also notice a few obvious differences. Overall, I deem this anime very watchable and I await the 2nd episode with anticipation.

If you don't mind alil Fanservice(ok, alot) and enjoy action/comedy anime. Check Tenjo Tenge out, you'll be pleasently suprised.

Episode 1 rating 7.5/10.


I though the ending theme was cool, but that's me I guess. I do agree however that they messed up the animation, but not to bad. I am kind of disappointed that Aya is a brunette, but that's a small gripe.

Just so you know though, without me being anal or anything, this anime has been licensed so it belongs in the DVD and Licensed forum. Also, I started a thread on in there, so you're welcome to add more input in there if you like. ^_^

ACE2003 2004-04-02 03:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by emessen
the back story was weak because it was too long...
it left out souchiro and bob for what 2 volumes?

and it's the same genre.. school kids who fight eachother
to prove whos the strongest...

big whoop...


Hmm....seemed just about right to me, plus how you couldn't like the backstory?! That's the most important and interesting part about the manga??? Not to mention it was action-packed and had kick-ass charactes. I won't spoil it for people whom haven't read it, but trust me, if anything the backstory helps advance the manga heavily since you learn how everything came full circle. I think you're missing the deeper meaning of the backstory, IMO. How couldn't you like it!! As for Souchiro and Bob, I didn't even recognized that they weren't there because the backstory made up for their lack of apperance in the volumes. To each his or her own I guess.....

ReD_14910 2004-04-02 11:37

they cant fan-dubb Tenjo Tenge?...that sucks..i was looking forward to it...i hope some group picks it up.

brightman 2004-04-02 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by emessen
the back story was weak because it was too long...
it left out souchiro and bob for what 2 volumes?

What?? How could the back story be weak if it is too long? I don't understand that logic...

Anyway, Geneon USA along with Avex are the main producers of this series, so that pretty much means that its made with the American audience in mind.

ACE2003 2004-04-02 12:13

Spoiler:

brightman 2004-04-02 12:23

Yeah I agree... For the most part the animation's pretty good... The character designs might be a bit changed but the still retain some of those funky expressions from the manga. :) And the added scenes don't detract from anything at all.

The only thing missing is the explicit nudity... I don't think people would miss that too much (some people might though).

Yebyosh 2004-04-02 12:31

For those deciding whether to see if this series could be watchable, http://wgalland.hp.infoseek.co.jp has screencaps of the first episode.

But of course you should not just judge on the first episode alone...

*ahh... maya & aya...*

Slade 2004-04-02 12:32

This anime is licensed? I thought it would belong in the fansub/unlicensed section.

brightman 2004-04-02 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slade
This anime is licensed? I thought it would belong in the fansub/unlicensed section.

It hasn't been announced by Geneon USA yet, but like I said:

Quote:

Geneon USA along with Avex are the main producers of this series, so that pretty much means that its made with the American audience in mind.

a_nevels666 2004-04-02 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightman
Yeah I agree... For the most part the animation's pretty good... The character designs might be a bit changed but the still retain some of those funky expressions from the manga. :) And the added scenes don't detract from anything at all.

The only thing missing is the explicit nudity... I don't think people would miss that too much (some people might though).

Me! ME! I miss it!

*Ahem*

Anyway, the animation is pretty good compared to other anime, but the art isn't as good as the manga. (But the same goes for pretty much every other manga-to-anime adaptation, I can live with that.)

Seriously, I am kind of of annoyed that they toned the nudity down a little, because they might do the same with the violence. Beside, the show airs in the middle of the freaking night, so what if they show some boobs?

emessen 2004-04-02 14:31

backstory was weak because it was too long...

that's logical... think about it... if they spend too much time on
one story... it starts to drag heavily... and isnt souichiro a main
character? how could he be left out of the manga for the span
of two volumes? they couldnt intertupt the flashback a few times
to show us what a main character was doing?

the back story could have been shorter and had much more impact

a_nevels666 2004-04-02 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by emessen
... and isnt souichiro a main
character? how could he be left out of the manga for the span
of two volumes?

I haven't read all of the manga, but personally I find Souichiro about the least interesting character in the manga. And you can have a story arc that doesn't have all the main characters, lots of other manga do it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.