AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Anime Festival Asia (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=107118)

TinyRedLeaf 2011-09-26 10:53

Anime Festival Asia
 
Yes, it's back in Singapore for the fourth year running. Yes, a number of familiar names are coming again, from singers Ichirou Mizuki and May'n to cosplayer Kaname and blogger Danny Choo. But the biggest YES of all goes to the new acts coming to Anime Festival Asia 2011. They include Kalafina, Flow and Hatsune Miku, "appearing" in hologram here for the first time.

The festival will run from Nov 11 to 13 at Suntec Singapore. The events calendar should be up at the website soon or, alternatively, keep track of the latest news at the event's Facebook page.

Personally, I'm no longer geek enough to be excited about AFA2011. Still, I'm disappointed that I won't be able to catch Kalafina in concert on Nov 13. What's left of the nerd in me will have to settle for Hatsune Miku on Nov 11. I'll see if leek glowsticks are available. Would definitely love getting one of those as a souvenir. :heh:

Cosmic Eagle 2011-09-27 07:47

ITOU KANAKO AND GirlDeMo.....EPIC SHIT


368 bucks.....arrgh...three days standing or 368 bucks....screw it, we'll see on Saturday...

Kameruka 2011-09-27 08:50

Why Singaporeans always had the best anime festivals? Here in Malaysia the best anime and manga fans have is Comicfiesta, which is pretty bland for me.

HasuMasu 2011-09-27 08:54

^ It's not that much better here. :heh:

JokerD 2011-09-27 08:59

I'm disappointed that JAM Project is not coming this year. Also the past 2 years feel more like an anime bazaar than a convention... But I'll still be going anyway, curse my anime addiction... :D

Edit: @Cosmic Eagle, where did you get the pricing info from, I can't seem to find any... or how to book the tickets

Fahd 2011-09-27 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by JokerD (Post 3782038)
Edit: @Cosmic Eagle, where did you get the pricing info from, I can't seem to find any... or how to book the tickets

Presumably from here?

Quote:

Concert tickets sales will be sold through SISTIC from 1 Oct 2011. Fans who want to gain premium viewing seats and exclusive fan treats can purchase a 1-Day I Love Anisong VIP Concert ticket at S$148, or a three-day ticket at S$368. For more casual concert goers, 1-Day I Love Anisong Standing concert tickets are available at S$48 each.

KyriaL 2011-09-29 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kameruka (Post 3782025)
Why Singaporeans always had the best anime festivals? Here in Malaysia the best anime and manga fans have is Comicfiesta, which is pretty bland for me.

I think its a little better off compared to other neighbouring countries, where these kind of conventions are more frequent, you just have to know people or ask around to find out about events and stuff.

Cosmic Eagle 2011-09-29 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by JokerD (Post 3782038)
I'm disappointed that JAM Project is not coming this year. Also the past 2 years feel more like an anime bazaar than a convention... But I'll still be going anyway, curse my anime addiction... :D

Edit: @Cosmic Eagle, where did you get the pricing info from, I can't seem to find any... or how to book the tickets

well there's a 20 buck discount for those who buy the 3 day pass on Saturday...

JokerD 2011-09-30 21:12

Ticket selling started, discounted 3 day pass ($348) until Friday, then the $366 price is valid.

Daily festive (event area) price is $8, festive + stage is $20

Concert tickets is $148 per day seated, $48 per day standing.

Well, I've already gotten the 3 day pass, although I question the worth of the 1st day with only the Miku concert... Seated tickets are a misnomer, since everyone would stand up once the concert started... If the event is anything like the last year, the festive + stage ticket (if your not getting the concert tickets) are more worth it since the event area is usually fill with vendors trying to sell anime stuff.

There also seems to be a ticket for a 'Cool Japan Forum' on the 11th (Fri), my guess is that it's a industry forum and press conference for the stars coming into AFA... this is $85

1 loophole from last year is that the concert pass was a pass you wear around your neck and they still gave you a wristband for entry to the event area. I just wore the concert pass to go everywhere and gave the wristband to a friend who got in for free. I wonder if that will be the same this year...

SaintessHeart 2011-10-01 09:56

This is insane. They are charging $3 for every ticket, and there is 1 ticket for everyday ($9 if you buy the package) - shouldn't it be a single premium ticket instead of 3 separate ones? Though that didn't stop people from buying....when I was back at my desk at work at 9.40am I was dropped into Row D.

At least they listened and stopped using bloody Gatecrash - the server crashes ALMOST every year.

The Cool Japan forum isn't worth it. $85 for just a couple of people talking? No way. Though I am glad they brought in HomuHomu, but I wish they would go back to the first one (2008) where there is a section dedicated for forums and talks by a whole slew of industry professionals.

7-chan next year please.....I want to see the PTT / SAFJO being activated at Suntec. Next year I'll probably cosplay as a Zaku (no money to build the suit this year, had the schematics drawn out already) hanging all every year's tag around my neck. :heh:

bhl88 2011-10-01 13:10

@JokerD: Can you help me by buying a Cardfight!! Vanguard English trial deck there (so I can teach people)?

Cosmic Eagle 2011-10-01 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintessHeart (Post 3787352)
This is insane. They are charging $3 for every ticket, and there is 1 ticket for everyday ($9 if you buy the package) - shouldn't it be a single premium ticket instead of 3 separate ones? Though that didn't stop people from buying....when I was back at my desk at work at 9.40am I was dropped into Row D.

Yeah...348 bucks became 357 burnt in my pocket....

Anyway it seems fri is for concert only (not going to the forum) yes?

I hope they sell that delicious Inoue Takuya version Al Azif figma there....or Etheldreda...

JokerD 2011-10-01 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhl88 (Post 3787664)
@JokerD: Can you help me by buying a Cardfight!! Vanguard English trial deck there (so I can teach people)?

I'll keep a lookout for you, no promises though, since I encountered my fair share of event screwups and soldouts to agree to something out of my control...
Edit: OK, it's in my calendar, let's see how this goes.

I got a row C, center block, close to the sides, looks like my ear drums are gonna burst and my neck is gonna get strained this year...

Cosmic Eagle 2011-10-01 20:26

The seats are almost all taken yes? When I bought them at 1pm yesterday almost everything was crossed out....

SaintessHeart 2011-10-03 10:20

I got the D (first 2) and E (last day) rows. I am going with a friend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JokerD (Post 3788139)
I'll keep a lookout for you, no promises though, since I encountered my fair share of event screwups and soldouts to agree to something out of my control...
Edit: OK, it's in my calendar, let's see how this goes.

I got a row C, center block, close to the sides, looks like my ear drums are gonna burst and my neck is gonna get strained this year...

You went to JAM Project's last year right? I got the 4th row and it was OK.....other than a generic otaku (big sized, rotund, bespectacled) blocking my view.

I wish they didn't bring in Sea*A. They are pretty much a bunch of NCACs...why don't they bring in the Touhou indie bands like COOL&CREATE, SoundHolic, Tsubaki or Senya if they are so low on budget? I am sure COOL&CREATE might cause an uproar with the original Tasukete Eirin (Oppai....oppai.....), but the rest are just fine.

$348 becomes $357 for each ticket. Dammit I wish CASE would step in and charge them for overpricing, but they don't have any competition. I was hoping for Suara because I missed her earlier this year in August.

Cosmic Eagle 2011-10-09 06:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintessHeart (Post 3790630)
I got the D (first 2) and E (last day) rows. I am going with a friend.



You went to JAM Project's last year right? I got the 4th row and it was OK.....other than a generic otaku (big sized, rotund, bespectacled) blocking my view.

I wish they didn't bring in Sea*A. They are pretty much a bunch of NCACs...why don't they bring in the Touhou indie bands like COOL&CREATE, SoundHolic, Tsubaki or Senya if they are so low on budget? I am sure COOL&CREATE might cause an uproar with the original Tasukete Eirin (Oppai....oppai.....), but the rest are just fine.

AGREED. Imagine seeing Wooming and co or Crow's Claw here....

EDIT: Wow I'm on E for the last day too...

Azuma Denton 2011-10-10 03:11

Going to the Singapore for 3 consecutive years.
Though this year I only attend the 2nd day of Concert. Got my seat already.
B11... Why i am getting side seat for every year?? O.o
My main catch for this year is definitely HomuHomu and Hitagi... :D

I hope that this year they bring more industrial material to AFA and not turning it into toys fair like last year. SHAFT to open a stand there?? :p


Quote:

Originally Posted by Kameruka (Post 3782025)
Why Singaporeans always had the best anime festivals? Here in Malaysia the best anime and manga fans have is Comicfiesta, which is pretty bland for me.

AFA has been slotted for Malaysia and Indonesia next year.
Just pray that Malaysia will have the same excitement like Singapore.
Dunno about Indonesia though.

Cosmic Eagle 2011-10-11 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azuma Denton (Post 3800872)
Going to the Singapore for 3 consecutive years.
Though this year I only attend the 2nd day of Concert. Got my seat already.
B11... Why i am getting side seat for every year?? O.o
My main catch for this year is definitely HomuHomu and Hitagi... :D

I hope that this year they bring more industrial material to AFA and not turning it into toys fair like last year. SHAFT to open a stand there?? :p


You wish....

just it being one of the closest things to Animelo outside Japan is enough for me...

SaintessHeart 2011-10-14 04:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 3799518)
AGREED. Imagine seeing Wooming and co or Crow's Claw here....

EDIT: Wow I'm on E for the last day too...

I blame the Galactic Fairy Voice. We need to issue some fan suppressant. J/king. :heh:

Anyway, this will be the second time I am cosplaying in 3-5 years (forgotten the last embarrassing experience thus I have this shameless GAR again), though at a different event. Maybe we should all tag each other, or play hide-and-seek with each other on the camera.

C.A would be easy to catch provided he wears his Haruhi armband, but I haven't seen forgottendiary for years (or at least since the first one).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azuma Denton (Post 3800872)
I hope that this year they bring more industrial material to AFA and not turning it into toys fair like last year. SHAFT to open a stand there?? :p

Too late. It WILL be a toys fair, even the owners of a couple of otaku stores in Singapore grumbled about deciding to get a booth.

Quote:

AFA has been slotted for Malaysia and Indonesia next year.
Just pray that Malaysia will have the same excitement like Singapore.
Dunno about Indonesia though.
If that is so I will have to reallocate some funds to go there. Though I am afraid it might be clamped down by the religious councils because of the context of "cosplay".

Cosmic Eagle 2011-10-14 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintessHeart (Post 3806824)
I blame the Galactic Fairy Voice. We need to issue some fan suppressant. J/king. :heh:

Anyway, this will be the second time I am cosplaying in 3-5 years (forgotten the last embarrassing experience thus I have this shameless GAR again), though at a different event. Maybe we should all tag each other, or play hide-and-seek with each other on the camera.

C.A would be easy to catch provided he wears his Haruhi armband, but I haven't seen forgottendiary for years (or at least since the first one).



Too late. It WILL be a toys fair, even the owners of a couple of otaku stores in Singapore grumbled about deciding to get a booth.



If that is so I will have to reallocate some funds to go there. Though I am afraid it might be clamped down by the religious councils because of the context of "cosplay".

Hurr... good luck catching us on camera in that crowd...

I just hope they don't jack the price of figma and stuff up again from usual....

Or any shit happens to interfere with my leave on that period....


And yeah, isn't it being a toys fair normal? I mean, it is a miniature Comiket + Animelo....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.