AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Horizon (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Horizon Character Discussion - Toori Aoi (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=108032)

Skyfall 2011-11-01 02:18

Horizon Character Discussion - Toori Aoi
 
The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Toori related.
http://i.imgur.com/GW8xp.jpg
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

  • Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

    • Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

    • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

    • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Dark Wing 2011-11-01 11:12

woot sub-forum! :D

now what can I say about Toori Aoi that hasn't already been said?...:confused:

He's a gentleman, scholar, pervert, and all around bro...hell I'd follow him into the a war zone...:heh:

articuzwolf 2011-11-01 11:19

You can rarely see a guy like him as a main character :D (as a fodder maybe :heh:)

not the typical MC type who overly show his sorrow/sadness and face his past with grin ( ¯‿¯) smile instead :D

and Fukujun pervert-ness makes this character more lively :heh:

Kaioshin Sama 2011-11-01 12:11

I didn't think it at first, but Tori seems like he's going to end up being a fairly multi-faceted main character. It's cool when a guy can be perverted and yet still awesome and a bro at the same time. He really seems to have taken the loss of Horizon to heart and that more than anything seems to have brought on the fake carefree outward persona while inside he's total mess.

Nightengale 2011-11-01 22:49

I think that we're supposed to be Masazumi's expy when it comes to our opinion of Toori... at this point of time.

What did it mean when it was said he 'killed' Horizon? Does he know himself?

How is he able to keep on smiling with/without that knowledge regardless? How was he like before re-meeting P-01s one year ago before the start of the anime timeline?

Why does everyone supports Toori despite his whimsical attitude, his obvious lack of responsibility and his general troll attitude in general? ( I didn't think this was terribly important, it could simpy be 'good friends' but Masazumi seems to feel that way )

... And that he seems to be... quite good friends with Masazumi's father and his friend.... as well... to have them join and take part in his... ghost exorcism hijinks. :heh:

There is clearly more depth to Toori than what we see of him, something that apparently everyone else other than Masazumi knows, but she herself doesn't see it.

kemal_1915 2011-11-02 02:00

this is a long story so i can understand why the focus of the show isn't him right now
I am waiting for him to use his power which is a very troublesome one
it is powerful (in some sense) but the restriction is ... very harsh
will we able to see it this season?

Duo Maxwell 2011-11-02 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale (Post 3837192)
How is he able to keep on smiling with/without that knowledge regardless? How was he like before re-meeting P-01s one year ago before the start of the anime timeline?

Why does everyone supports Toori despite his whimsical attitude, his obvious lack of responsibility and his general troll attitude in general? ( I didn't think this was terribly important, it could simpy be 'good friends' but Masazumi seems to feel that way )

These points are a huge spoiler, so I think you should keep them and continue watching :heh:.

Nightengale 2011-11-02 02:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 3837431)
These points are a huge spoiler, so I think you should keep them and continue watching :heh:.

Well, of course they're huge spoilers, my point was that these points are already introduced in the anime as a teaser to the viewers. :heh:

The viewers need to be induced to the fact that Toori... is more than what he seems, y'know.

Right now we're in the 'Toori is seemingly useless and not-plot-relevant' phase for those who's impatient. :heh:

jeroz 2011-11-02 04:48

so is Toori seriously pulling off a Hououin Kyouma here?

Morisato 2011-11-02 05:17

When does he start doing something badass?

Aoi Toori 2011-11-02 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by articuzwolf (Post 3836221)
You can rarely see a guy like him as a main character :D (as a fodder maybe :heh:)

agreed. :D

Quote:

not the typical MC type who overly show his sorrow/sadness and face his past with grin ( ¯‿¯) smile instead :D

and Fukujun pervert-ness makes this character more lively :heh:
hm.. will he still can smile like that after ep5? I'm curious how he will act from now on because on ep 5 he looks so serious and worried about Horizon..

kemal_1915 2011-11-02 10:51

Maybe some people have already noticed about his name : Aoi Toori (tori) means blue bird
should we expect he can bring happiness to all people?

Xellos-_^ 2011-11-02 10:54

not sure about japan but the Color blue is also used in funeral lanterns.

Duo Maxwell 2011-11-02 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by kemal_1915 (Post 3837943)
Maybe some people have already noticed about his name : Aoi Toori (tori) means blue bird
should we expect he can bring happiness to all people?

Well, that's what he wants to do, so I would say you are right.
Spoiler for I don't remember if it has been mentioned or not...:

ingandeul 2011-11-29 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by kemal_1915 (Post 3837400)
this is a long story so i can understand why the focus of the show isn't him right now
I am waiting for him to use his power which is a very troublesome one
it is powerful (in some sense) but the restriction is ... very harsh
will we able to see it this season?

If you don't mind me asking and if Iam allowed to ask, what exactly IS his power? You can message me if you can't state it here.

sgwc 2011-11-30 11:02

Aoi Tori = Blue Bird. Blue bird is a symbol of peace.... i think.

Sometimes I wonder about this guy. Is he really stupid or just pretend stupid?

jeroz 2011-11-30 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgwc (Post 3880337)
Aoi Tori = Blue Bird. Blue bird is a symbol of peace.... i think.

Sometimes I wonder about this guy. Is he really stupid or just pretend stupid?

what I get from this series so far is that, if you put it in dnd terms, he's low int high wis (not to mention the insanely high Cha).

Might not be the brightest one out there, but has the wisdom to become a great leader.

Dark Wing 2011-12-14 14:01

You know what just came to mind?

Toori reminds me of another fictional character that must do everything in his power to make people think he's an inept idiot, in order to carry out his mission...Booster Gold from the DC Universe!

Except Booster's background isn't as tragic as Toori's...:heh:

Forsaken_Infinity 2011-12-16 06:00

Best MC ever. That damned :3 face, :3

MayumiAoki 2012-04-11 19:01

My favorite baka type character XDD he made me laugh so much especially the sushi roll scene and getting punched away by masazumi.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.