AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Shana (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=108573)

Kairin 2011-11-25 05:14

Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll
 
Welcome to the discussion thread for Shakugan no Shana III, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Game8910 2011-11-25 12:10

Loved the episode, with the war starting now there was plot, character progression, AND action in 1 great package. Seeing Shana in the white dress is going to kill me eventually.

And man the ending....what a fantastic ending to this episode, the series is kicking it up a notch now im super excited for what is to come.

Marik 2011-11-25 14:50

Great Episode.
I can't wait for Yuji to return. :)

ars89 2011-11-25 17:52

Wow so the war finally kicked off. Interesting that one of the gods is now observing. So i thought only the trinity followed Yuji in? Awesome how Wilhelmina resurrected the palace. Best part was the end when Khamsin and Rebecca started busting everything up.

Kaijo 2011-11-25 20:36

I do like this series, for reasons I cannot fully understand and express. Perhaps because of the deep lore it suggests, with this big world that is functioning behind the scenes.

However, because of that, I find a glaring issue... namely, that I don't understand this big world and the people in it! Loads and Loads of characters that I don't know, just springing up all over the place. I don't understand their motivations nor do I really care about them as characters. Sure, the war is nice and all from an action and "exciting stuff happening" standpoint, but I don't find myself as entranced by it as I should. I don't care as much. I really get the feeling the series should have taken longer in order to properly introduce characters and make me care about them more, as well as give a better understanding about the world(s) behind this.

One particular trope bothers me, too. Namely that "Yuji's" plan is still kept hidden. There is no reason for it to be. What is his purpose? If we presume that he is doing this to make everything better, why doesn't he tell Shana or the others? It feels like there is mystery about his plot just for mystery sake, and not for any logical reason. He hasn't even said "I can't tell you what my plan is, but you just have to trust me" which I might be able to buy (provided there is a valid reason why he feels he can't tell them).

Other than that, there is one other minor conflict that has been introduced. Early on, it was made a plot point that Flame Haze's don't work together; when two or more are in close proximity, they can fight. It was the whole setup for why Margery Daw appeared. And yet, for this entire season thus far, we have Outlaw and practically every Flame Haze working together just fine. No real hint of conflict, other than Wilhelmia's desire to rescue Shana, and the couple of Flame Haze's ignoring Outlaw to go with her.

It just bugs me to see a plot point like that brought up, and then pretty much ignored later, because it renders the early conflict plot point a lie. True, I can understand them deciding to work together to prevent mutual annihilation, but I still don't understand why Flame Haze's would fight each other to begin with.

Anyway, still watching, and still find the series decent despite these, but maybe that's because I'm still invested in it from watching the first two seasons. Despite the action and "stuff happening" aspect of the third season, though, I can't help but feel it is a bit of a step down from the first two seasons. Maybe things worked better in the novels and everything made more sense; I dunno.

alvinkhorfire 2011-11-25 20:52

Yes, Game8910 has summarized it nicely. It is lovely to see Shana wearing the white dress, which is shown in the cover of Volume 18. :) I believe that the content of this episode covers up to about Chapter 2 of Volume 18.

So, it only takes a single sentence of incantation for Wilhelmina to revive Tendōkyū. I expected something more laborious than that. Such simple requirement really begs the question why Tendōkyū is not revived much earlier. :confused: After all, it is saddening to see it sunk into the seabed fo so long and it being a pale shadow of it former self. On the other hand, it is always amusing to see the scene of Rebecca getting wet again in another gag scene and second eyecatch after the advertisement. :D

Bal Masqué is definitely playing a strategic game in this war. Sending many troops of tomogaras to attack various outlaws worldwide acts as a diversion for Flame Hazes, who are forced to deploy more resources in defending their bases. Actually, the real priority for Flame Hazes should be Seireiden instead, because it is where they will reach the God Gate in order to stop the revival of the Snake of the Festival. However, their resources may be spread way too thin to mount a major attack on Seireiden. Luckily, Khamsin and Rebecca are fine by themselves, in blowing up Seireiden. :D

Wow, the path of pilgrimage is seemingly infinitely long and treacherous. You really have to give credit to the God of Creation, who can create almost everything. :twitch: Again, I do not understand why anyone can get lost, as it appears to be only one direction to travel in. :confused:

Thanks to Marcus H. and others who maintain Shakugan no SHANA Wikia, for the following information:

Spoiler for Character Name:

Who is the Flame Haze, appearing at 12m 24s?
Spoiler for His name?:


I could not be more impatient for more action scenes next week.

Brimstone 2011-11-26 00:10

Wow both Khamsin and Rebecca were really tearing up the place :heh: Rebecca we kinda expected after seeing her introduction episode, but if I didn't know any better I would say Khamsin seems to be enjoying himself :heh:

What I like about the war so far is that neither side seem to make any glaringly obvious stupid mistake and have shown to have competent Generals. But I could use less pew-pew attacks and more variety- and the difference between named Flame Haze and unnamed are really too big -_-

Zodiamaster 2011-11-26 00:56

Can someone fill me in with what the hell did they do the series?

Not that I just noticed the drastic change in the plot, but after watching episode 8 and I can't really hold in it anymore...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brimstone (Post 3873797)
Wow both Khamsin and Rebecca were really tearing up the place :heh: Rebecca we kinda expected after seeing her introduction episode, but if I didn't know any better I would say Khamsin seems to be enjoying himself :heh:

I found that to be rather ludicrous.

WW3 raging out there and 2 lone dorks just waltz in the enemy HQ and blow it to smithereens?

elleinad00 2011-11-26 01:36

Cool Episode!!
1st: THE DRESS!! IT'S SOOOO CUTEEE~!
2nd: GO REBECCA!! GO!! & GO KHAMSIN GO!!
3rd: wow they presented many flamehazes..... cool

Question: at the preview it's shown there that Tenmoku Ikko is in the next episode is he still alive?? or just a flashback??

Deathscyther 2011-11-26 04:56

9/10. Another great episode.

The war finally starts. Got to love the strategic choices at both sides.

The tomogaras are attacking various outlaws all over the world as a diversion for Flame Hazes, who are forced to defend their bases. This means that they can't use these troops to attack. This in turn gives Sairei no Hebi the time he needs to retrieve his real body.

Unbeknown to Bal Masque though Wilhelmina, Khamsin and Rebecca are sent to Seireiden to rescue Shana and disrupt order over there. These four are probably four of the strongest flame haze around, so they should be able to create chaos over there. Combine this with the facts that Bal Masque sent out nearly all of their troops, so their defensive power will be low, and that the war leaders are in the God Gate at the moment...
It's not looking to good for Bal Masque at the moment.:heh:

It seems that Shana is planning to do something after meeting up with Wilhelmina and co. Let's see if the power of love can give her a boost in power (how lame that may sound though:heh:)

Can't wait for the next episode!

redflame 2011-11-26 05:11

Awesome episode. We do finally get some action and see the start of the war :p

Anyway, I still like Rebecca's attitude and man, I missed Khamsin's powerful attacks.

Sounds like the three of them are gonna blow Seireiden down :D

Btw, Does anyone know why Shana's unrestricted spell (love) didn't work? Or at least share your opinions on this.

Qikz 2011-11-26 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodiamaster (Post 3873847)
Can someone fill me in with what the hell did they do the series?

Not that I just noticed the drastic change in the plot, but after watching episode 8 and I can't really hold in it anymore...


I found that to be rather ludicrous.

WW3 raging out there and 2 lone dorks just waltz in the enemy HQ and blow it to smithereens?

It makes sense really, where's the last place you expect to need to defend? Your HQ as you think nobody could get past your lines. Perfect strategy and her character owns so much <3

Merilyn Mensola 2011-11-26 07:02

Nice ep...finally the war begun...

Nice strategy of the Tomogaras,attack the bases of Flame Hazes,forcing them to defend themselves..to ensure that they do bother Yuji...

However,Wilhelmina,Rebecca and Khamsin,are trying to save Shana..and I think they will do a bit of damage at the Bal Masque...

There will be fun..in the next ep....

elior 2011-11-26 08:16

you say they left the palace almost unprotected but you forgot that the blue snake decarabia prepre his forces inside in order to protect the place and also we still have that guy who talked with him that can defend the palace

elior 2011-11-26 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathscyther (Post 3874048)
9/10. Another great episode.

The war finally starts. Got to love the strategic choices at both sides.

The tomogaras are attacking various outlaws all over the world as a diversion for Flame Hazes, who are forced to defend their bases. This means that they can't use these troops to attack. This in turn gives Sairei no Hebi the time he needs to retrieve his real body.

Unbeknown to Bal Masque though Wilhelmina, Khamsin and Rebecca are sent to Seireiden to rescue Shana and disrupt order over there. These four are probably four of the strongest flame haze around, so they should be able to create chaos over there. Combine this with the facts that Bal Masque sent out nearly all of their troops, so their defensive power will be low, and that the war leaders are in the God Gate at the moment...
It's not looking to good for Bal Masque at the moment.:heh:

It seems that Shana is planning to do something after meeting up with Wilhelmina and co. Let's see if the power of love can give her a boost in power (how lame that may sound though:heh:)

Can't wait for the next episode!

you wrong if you think they left the palace in low protect you forgot that the blue snake decarabia prepre his forces inside in order to protect the place and also we still have that guy who talked with him that can defend the palace

elior 2011-11-26 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by redflame (Post 3874062)
Awesome episode. We do finally get some action and see the start of the war :p

Anyway, I still like Rebecca's attitude and man, I missed Khamsin's powerful attacks.

Sounds like the three of them are gonna blow Seireiden down :D

Btw, Does anyone know why Shana's unrestricted spell (love) didn't work? Or at least share your opinions on this.

did you forgot about decarabia the blue snake forces who can stop them from blow the palace

~Yami~ 2011-11-26 08:40

truly agree!!!

1st is Shana in white dress!! (I prefer her loli-goth dress though) lol
2nd is WAR!!!!
3rd is many flame hazes!!!!
4th is Shana's wish to meet Yuji again
last is Rebecca + Khamsin rocks!!!!!

I wonder why should Wilhelmina revive tendoukyuu.... and Tenmoku Ikko still alive??!!
will tendoukyuu become Flame Haze's base to fight Balmasque??

my advice to Shana : please remain in Seireiden because without Alastor, you can't fight... xD

ookamigirl 2011-11-26 08:42

Really nice episode.
I liked the flashback.
The preparations for the war are pretty much done.
Can't wait to see some more action & fighting.

alvinkhorfire 2011-11-26 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodiamaster (Post 3873847)
Can someone fill me in with what the hell did they do the series?

Not that I just noticed the drastic change in the plot, but after watching episode 8 and I can't really hold in it anymore...

In short, Bal Masqué is executing Psalm of Grand Order, which consists of 3 stages:
1st stage: create a vessel that utilizes the power of the God of Creation; - completed. It should be Silver, but Snake of the Festival choosed to merge with Yuji. Thus, Snake of the Festival Sakai Yuji is the leader of Bal Masqué.

2nd stage: travel to the Eternal Pit to retrieve the real body of Snake of the Festival; - current happening.

3rd stage: change the world according to the desire of Snake of the Festival.

As you can see, Shana is currently imprisoned by Yuji in Seireiden, to prevent her from using Tenpa Jyousai to kill Snake of the Festival.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Yami~ (Post 3874274)
I wonder why should Wilhelmina revive tendoukyuu.... and Tenmoku Ikko still alive??!!
will tendoukyuu become Flame Haze's base to fight Balmasque??

Further explanation to answer these questions may involve spoiler, thus I cannot provide you any more information. If you are really anxious, post your questions instead in Novel or Spoiler thread. There are other experts there who can help you.

Anyway, at 17m 12s of Season 3 Episode 5, Wilhelmina said:"Tendōkyū and Seireiden shall not be brought near each other." Keep this in mind, so that you will understand the next episode better. :)

On a unrelated note, the name of the Flame Haze appearing in 8m 57s still remains a mystery. :(

Elf song 2011-11-26 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire (Post 3873543)
Who is the Flame Haze, appearing at 12m 24s?
Spoiler for His name?:

Yep. Too bad no voices of them (Hildegard and Dan).

Next episode would be very awesome.
I mean Tenmoku Ikko's back. :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.