AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 08 Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=108595)

james0246 2011-11-26 15:13

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 08 Discussion

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam AGE, Episode 08.

A Desperate United Front Prepared for Death - 決死の共同戦線 ~ Kesshi no Kyōdō-sensen

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
  • Do not vote in the poll before the episode has been released.
  • While each Gundam is part of a franchise/metaseries, the individual entries are unique and, consequently, should not be constantly compared against each other. Please refrain from needlessly cyclical discussion concerning comparisons between the various Gundam series.
  • As of Episode 08, any mention of the "childish" nature of the character designs will be treated as being off-topic and depending on the severity of the post warnings or infractions could be issued.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-11-26 21:06

So what time does this episode start today? It use to start 1am my time. Now it looks like it starts an hour earlier. Can anyone confirm?

Realist_Classic 2011-11-26 21:32

5pm in Tokyo (GMT + 9hours). That would translate to 9am (GMT +1hour) in my timezone, normally in time for breakfast.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-11-26 21:46

Excellent, this time I'll be ready. I won't be a fucking hour or half hour late, like the last two episodes.

LightningZERO 2011-11-27 02:53

Hoping for decent Titus and G-Exes actions

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-11-27 03:14

Two screens I thought looked neat. :D

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...aqtoscreen.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...AGEvsBaqto.jpg

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-11-27 03:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Realist_Classic (Post 3875150)
That would translate to 9am (GMT +1hour) in my timezone, normally in time for breakfast.

So, people in German eat breakfast at 9 am?:confused:

and yeah, I'll be ready for this ep too. ;)

Realist_Classic 2011-11-27 03:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3875492)
So, people in German eat breakfast at 9 am?:confused:

and yeah, I'll be ready for this ep too. ;)

Or rather, that's when I eat breakfast. My German friends usually meet for brunch around 11am on Sundays.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-11-27 03:32

Going by the screen cap, Titus messes up a bunch of UE, as does the G-Exes.

Realist_Classic 2011-11-27 03:35

Lots happened in the episode, including some sweet action. It went by way too quickly.

Spoiler for More UE revelations:

solidvanz 2011-11-27 03:36

It's interesting to see Genoace Wolf Custom putting together side by side with Zedas. This will be the last time we gonna see Wolf's former MS stored after he had acquired G-EXES.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-11-27 03:39

Ok, that is suspicious. Really god damn suspicious.

LightningZERO 2011-11-27 03:43

G-EXes is badass!!!

maknaedik 2011-11-27 03:45

Episode 8 UP! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G99KG...&feature=feedu

LightningZERO 2011-11-27 03:57

I call them the wolf fangs!!!!!

Woolf is the best part of AGE

maknaedik 2011-11-27 04:00

So it's called beam lariat? LOL! I kinda like it, though I seriously think it could be better :)

Realist_Classic 2011-11-27 04:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 3875549)
I call them the wolf fangs!!!!!

Woolf is the best part of AGE

FANGU! :D His flashy entrance compensated for his lack of screen time in the last episode.

casval cehack 2011-11-27 04:30

8/10. The extended edition Titus refitting (which is gunpla accurate) and the Dark Merchant revelation greatly helped improve this episode (compared to the 7th). I can't believe Largan with such poor aim lasted that long against the Baqto, but some of the UE units were clearly just playing with the melefs. Did Flit and Woolf shouted "Beam Lariat" and "White Fang" for their finishing moves? As observed earlier, the Mardonner Workshop IS the Anaheim Electronics of this gundam universe.

IMO, the G-EXES looks better in black; it's almost like a batman MS.

Sciel 2011-11-27 04:58

Emily had 3 lines in the whole episode (besides the sighs of relief).

One : Flitto....
Two : Flitto....
Three : Flitto....

*is happy that Emily's annoyance level dropped massively* . Now we just need Yurin back and Emily to disappear forever and ever.......:cool:.

That side, i thought the episode was good. The extended sequence with Largan's fight and the Titus's fitting helped to alleviate the terrible pacing set in the previous episode somewhat. Not sure why did they even bother butchering the last episode with the terrible pacing TBH.

I still despise the Titus. Horrible horrible design, fingers crossed that it never ever appears again. The G-exes was cool and slick as hell though. Correct me if i am wrong but did it have the first "real" beam saber in the series? All the other beam "sabers" shown so far have been the short tiny "daggerish" (ie :pathetic looking) types. Really can't believe Wolff said that the Titus was almost as cool as his new suit at the end :uhoh:.

Odd sounding lines in the episode (IMO)
Vargas while referring to the Titus : If you can't shoot it down , punch it :eyespin:

Little red haired girl : I went along with them so i could help them :eyespin:

7/10.

Sides 2011-11-27 05:11

Good episode. Like how they expand on the fight between Largan and the Baqto. Largan/Genoace was not that bad, if only the standard Genoace weaponry could scratch any UE suit.
Titus is basically a brawling tank. Like the spike beams it has. AGE/Gundam uppercut and knee were the moves of the day.
G-Exes probably has modified UE tech in it. Like how Woolf telling the viewer the main selling point of the G-Exes ^^.
Yeah Madorna engineering plant is AGE's Anaheim.
See now I am concerned, 8th episode and we seem to be not even half way through with Flit's story. Suspect Flit with new design will be present during Asemu's arc.

So Flit has 4 UE kills and Woolf 2 in this episode. Anyone got the full count?