AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Least attractive Anime/Manga character (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=108883)

FritzC 2011-12-10 20:45

Least attractive Anime/Manga character

(I searched and didn't find a thread on this, apologies if there was one)

I recently just started reading Manga after running out of decent Anime. After hearing good things about World's Strongest Disciple, I downloaded the Manga to my phone and started to read. My GOD, Miu Fūrinji is hideous. I can't believe she's supposed to be the girl the protagonist likes -_- The fact that she's ecchi makes it even worse.

Made this for teh lulz
http://shup.com/Shup/539612/45897967.png

What do you think? Who the least attractive Anime/Manga character?
(Art style/personality/look/etc...)

Masuzu 2011-12-10 23:26

That's a fine looking horse you got there. :naughty:

Akito Kinomoto 2011-12-10 23:33

Rei Ayanami.

Well, she was supposed to be unattractive anyway...

Kyuu 2011-12-10 23:49

Every fat anime female - and there's not a lot of 'em - belongs here.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-12-10 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by FritzC (Post 3896497)
I recently just started reading Manga after running out of decent Anime. After hearing good things about World's Strongest Disciple, I downloaded the Manga to my phone and started to read. My GOD, Miu Fūrinji is hideous. I can't believe she's supposed to be the girl the protagonist likes -_- The fact that she's ecchi makes it even worse.

Well, to be fair, if you wanna say whether a manga character is least-attractive/fugly or not, you should compare him/her with other characters in the same manga. Even the prettiest girl in Crayon Shin-chan manga will be utterly defeated by any girl from Maken-Ki! for example. So, does Miu uglier than most other female characters in that manga? As long as I know, Miu's main selling point is her body while her face is funny and innocent (given her personality). She's supposed to be a funnier version of Cammy White of Street Fighter II. She also looks cute when she's not wearing her hair-clip and let her hair down. ;)

As for other main-character girl that I find it least attractive compared to other girls in the same manga, that would be Akane from Ranma 1/2. In my opinion, other girls that became her rivals in this manga are much more attractive than her. Even her sisters look cuter. :p

Kyuu 2011-12-10 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3896748)
Crayon Shin-chan

This series was so ugly -- it shouldn't even be considered anime, but rather a cartoon.:frustrated:

FritzC 2011-12-11 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3896748)
Well, to be fair, if you wanna say whether a manga character is least-attractive/fugly or not, you should compare him/her with other characters in the same manga. Even the prettiest girl in Crayon Shin-chan manga will be utterly defeated by any girl from Maken-Ki! for example. So, does Miu uglier than most other female characters in that manga? As long as I know, Miu's main selling point is her body while her face is funny and innocent (given her personality). She's supposed to be a funnier version of Cammy White of Street Fighter II. She also looks cute when she's not wearing her hair-clip and let her hair down. ;)

As for other main-character girl that I find it least attractive compared to other girls in the same manga, that would be Akane from Ranma 1/2. In my opinion, other girls that became her rivals in this manga are much more attractive than her. Even her sisters look cuter. :p

I am comparing her to others in the manga, at times I find myself wishing Kenichi would hook up with that weapon master chick (don't even know her name -_-). Even the background girls in his class are better than Miu.

Ichuki 2011-12-11 00:58

Mikoko from Kaiji for sure

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-12-11 01:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by FritzC (Post 3896842)
I am comparing her to others in the manga, at times I find myself wishing Kenichi would hook up with that weapon master chick (don't even know her name -_-). Even the background girls in his class are better than Miu.

If itís so, than Iím glad that you understand. Itís just a matter of taste then. ;)

The weapon master chickís name is Shigure, btw. Agreed, she is way hotter than Miu :naughty:. Then again, sheís THE hottest girl in this manga :love:.

Soliloquy 2011-12-11 03:05

The character on my avatar, both look and personality are downright hideous, I guess that's something the villain strikes for yet he makes it a very pathetic villain too. In the end that's what makes him so memorable and I can't remember his name.

And I agree with OP, that heroine for Strongest Disciple Keichii was rather on the disturbing side.

Tenchi Muyo has an art style I just can't get into.

risingstar3110 2011-12-11 03:54

Harue Haribara from Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru comes to mind

Archon_Wing 2011-12-11 12:09

Take anyone from Kaiji besides Kaiji himself. Dragonaut too, except the one with normal sized boobs. Your average villain from Fist of the North Star is quite a freakshow.

Though I guess we should exclude ugly ass mook villains since they're a dime a dozen.

I also find Louise from ZnT pretty unappealing in ways more than one.

totoum 2011-12-11 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ichuki (Post 3896867)
Mikoko from Kaiji for sure

You beat me to it

Picture for those interested

Hooves 2011-12-11 12:56

I'm scarred for life... I think I just knocked off 2 years of my life after looking at that.

SeijiSensei 2011-12-11 17:15

Most of the characters in Monster are pretty unattractive with the exceptions of Johan and Nina. This was an intentional strategy by the manga-ka to make the show more realistic; after all, real people are generally not all that beautiful either.

Most anime crones are pretty unattractive like Torogai in Moribito. Some people age well and still look pretty attractive into their later years. That doesn't appear to be the fate of anime women.

http://www.takinganimeseriously.com/.../familiars.png

She does have some cute familiars though.

speedyexpress48 2011-12-11 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 3897826)
You beat me to it

...why did I click that?

Kameruka 2011-12-11 17:54

You thought Crayon Shin-chan is ugly then try Ebichu.

RWBladewing 2011-12-11 20:23

Well, this may not really apply as otherwise she is not necessarily that hideous, but this face is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this topic:

For a more general answer, Rachel from the Claymore manga is definitely up there.

Archon_Wing 2011-12-11 21:05

Quote:

You beat me to it

Nothing a paper bag can't handle.

Xenio 2011-12-11 23:04

Quote:

You beat me to it

you traumatized me for life.....
at least put a warning for it.....