AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Bleach (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   [MANGA] Bleach Chapter 477 Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=108966)

sayde 2011-12-14 06:16

[MANGA] Bleach Chapter 477 Discussion

Quote:

As a reminder, Bleach manga has been licensed by Viz media, and thus providing links which help in illegally obtaining such material is forbidden, as stated in the Forum Rules.
Inability to follow this rule will result in a BAN!
Quote:

* NO Scannalation links or NAMES

* NO Online Reader links

* NO RAW links

Spoiler for chapter 477:

Haak 2011-12-14 06:21

Another sap story thrown in the end at the last minute to try and make us sympathize with the villains. Oh joy.

Also, I hope Riruka didn't just trivialize mind rape. Perhaps it's not as bad as death but it's certainly not something easily forgivable either.

Alchemist007 2011-12-14 06:23

Holy shit. That's a goddamn nice chapter right there.

I'm not even going to make a parody this week because of how much I liked it.

Probably.

hyl 2011-12-14 06:33

Besides that this chapter is setting up some background story on Ginjo for next week (and maybe explain his hatred), the final confrontation between Ichigo and Ginjo was in my opinion very weak.

kiak666 2011-12-14 06:35

Hmm, seems like Tsukishima (how he can still move I don't know) did care about some of his comrades even though the guy is shown to be sadistic at times. And looks like Ginjo is alot older than he appears based on the flashbacks.

Luminion Lancer 2011-12-14 09:29

-So...Riruka was a chest-burster? Well since she's not Sayzel (or however you spell his damn name), I suppose this isn't so bad. But yeah, Kubo may have been fishing for sympathy for Ginjou but he failed to earn it.

Kafriel 2011-12-14 09:41

Quote:

Rukia appears, her chest opens up and Riruka comes out
Quote:

I'm not even going to make a parody this week because of how much I liked it.
Aww shoot, I was looking forward to this :heh: Anyways, this chapter was better than the current average! No overly long explanations of god knows what Kubo could have come up with, the end of a fight and the death(?) of another fullbringer, leaving Ichigo, Ginjou and Tsukishima on stage.
Quote:

Sayzel (or however you spell his damn name)
Szayel, methinks...yeah, unpronounceable.
Quote:

the final confrontation between Ichigo and Ginjo was in my opinion very weak.
I found it good. Power vs power, Ginjou lost. The end. No super-secret hax from his side to which Ichigo would have to respond with an asspull...or even worse, GT.

Kyero Fox 2011-12-14 11:01

Riruka turned rukia into a doll house, close enough to what I said a while back.

ronin myael 2011-12-14 11:15

see? tsukishima is still alive and well! looks like byakuya couldn't finish off his "friend", after all. :p

the ginjo and ichigo fight was kinda short but i guess it'll look better animated. i just don't see the need for the melodrama though. typical kubo.

Kafriel 2011-12-14 11:17

Quote:

tsukishima is still alive and well!
With just a hole in his chest! Who cares about vital organs, Tsukishima cut death, and death dun reap his bros.

Mr. DJ 2011-12-14 11:25

OH COME ON! You and your damn cliffhangers! :frustrated:

YOU'RE KILLIN' ME, SMALLS!

http://www.raealton.com/wp-content/u...-me-smalls.jpg

ronin myael 2011-12-14 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafriel (Post 3902350)
With just a hole in his chest! Who cares about vital organs, Tsukishima cut death, and death dun reap his bros.

that's kubo for you! :heh:

Nvis 2011-12-14 12:54

Breast cut ouch!

Mateus 2011-12-14 13:02

Interestintg chapter, just disappointed that Ginjou got one shotted like that. Now that the Substitute arc is about done, where will things go from here? Back to the soul society? The royal guard and the spirit king? a confrontation with Isshin? Grimmjow?

Solace 2011-12-14 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin myael (Post 3902348)
i just don't see the need for the melodrama though. typical kubo.

It might solve a few mysteries, like how a substitute shinigami even came into existence (assuming Ginjo was the first and Ichigo is the second), what made Ginjo become so "evil", why Soul Society didn't deal with this problem before Ichigo appeared, why they didn't smack Ichigo down right away if they were worried about another Ginjo, etc.

It's impossible to take "drama" in Bleach seriously, but it isn't like Kubo is terrible at making flashbacks, he's just bad at placing them in the story. Turn Back the Pendulum is probably his best use of flashback yet, since it happens at a nice break in the story and reveals a lot of character development and back story. On the other hand inserting a flashback right as a villain is losing...pretty lame and feels like a grab for emotion since they're usually short anyway. I've felt some emotion during these, but it's short lived and usually not very impressionable.

As usual, it's the extremely large cast that works against Kubo here. He's got the chops to write a good story, but because he spreads everything out among so many characters it's impossible to focus on any one of them and feel any emotional investment. I end up liking characters more for their design and/or personality, or maybe how cool one of their fights were, than in what will happen to them in the next few chapters.

That's why I roll my eyes at characters getting sliced in half or getting holes in their chest (the non-hollow type)....not because it happens so often without any seeming consequence, but because I could care less if the character dies or not.

Style over substance....that's pretty much what Bleach has become over the years.

GDB 2011-12-14 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solace (Post 3902485)
why Soul Society didn't deal with this problem before Ichigo appeared

Based on what Hitsugaya said last chapter, they couldn't find him. He only appeared because he wanted to confront Ichigo. And for some reason he waited for two years after Ichigo became a Shinigami to do so.

AvalonCode 2011-12-14 13:47

This weeks chapter was meh. Why does it seem a majority of Ichi's fights end like this. I was hoping for an epic battle but, in the end it seems like he really did 1-hit ko Gin. Here we are again with the backstories T.T While I do wanna know why Gin has so much bloodlust for SS why didnt Kubo just take the time and explain this while Gin had Ichi's attention? So I guess we are in for 5 or more chapters of backstory T.T

Jouten 2011-12-14 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvalonCode (Post 3902535)
This weeks chapter was meh. Why does it seem a majority of Ichi's fights end like this. I was hoping for an epic battle but, in the end it seems like he really did 1-hit ko Gin. Here we are again with the backstories T.T While I do wanna know why Gin has so much bloodlust for SS why didnt Kubo just take the time and explain this while Gin had Ichi's attention? So I guess we are in for 5 or more chapters of backstory T.T

I agree. For being the final boss of this arc the fight was quite lame... Well, probably tsukushima will take Ginjou's power and then attack Ichigo or something (after we are over his backstory...)

sayde 2011-12-14 15:28

I'm still trying to understand why Bankai Ichigo was able to quickly & easily defeat Bankai hollow powered Ginjou when shikai Ichigo stalemated pre-bankai Ginjou. The whole thing would've made a lot more sense to me if Shikai Ichigo curbstomped Ginjou so badly that he was forced to go Bankai first. I'm also finding it difficult to care about the flashbacks which are to soon occur regarding characters I never really cared for up till now. So I'm curious to see if Kubo has what it takes to make me suddenly give a damn. We'll see...

Bonta Kun 2011-12-14 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by sayde (Post 3902614)
I'm still trying to understand why Bankai Ichigo was able to quickly & easily defeat Bankai hollow powered Ginjou when shikai Ichigo stalemated pre-bankai Ginjou. The whole thing would've made a lot more sense to me if Shikai Ichigo curbstomped Ginjou so badly that he was forced to go Bankai first. I'm also finding it difficult to care about the flashbacks which are to soon occur regarding characters I never really cared for up till now. So I'm curious to see if Kubo has what it takes to make me suddenly give a damn. We'll see...

Way I see it is shikai is slightly more evenly matched but once they go bankai is a different story.
I don't think you should look at it as if "there shikai is the evenly matched then so should there bankai be".

The thing I found odd was Tsuki getting the jump on Ichigo, sorry but that part was like "wtf, no way?!"(and I couldn't care less about any counter arguement anyone has for it, it's lame)

Other than that, I quite enjoyed Riruka jumping out of Rukia, not sure what to make of it but made me chuckle.