AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Forum & Site Feedback (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Question: Any way to delete old infractions? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=108969)

DonQuigleone 2011-12-14 16:03

Any way to delete old infractions?
 
I have about 3 old infractions from waaaay back in 2008. While I don't object to the infractions system, and I do also feel my infractions were perfectly deserved at the time, every time I go to User CP I see them staring at me, and they annoy me. I feel like I'm being continuously reminded of past mistakes!

So to get back to my question, is there any way to remove them from my account so I no longer have to look at them? I know that you can click the little arrow so that they're not as visible, but they're still *there*.

And would it also not be reasonable for infractions to expire from your account after a year or two, and no longer be listed, similiar to the way infraction points expire?

Hiroi Sekai 2011-12-14 17:26

Infractions don't go away to my knowledge. The thing is, nobody else can see them but yourself and the admins/mods, so just imagine it as an invisible ticket and ignore it. I've still got 4 from when I started on this forum because I was dumb.:heh:

felix 2011-12-14 18:22

There is actually a way. :)

Just get 5 more infractions mario and your 4 will dissapear. It's magic! :heh:

Otaku Guy 2011-12-14 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by felix (Post 3902817)
There is actually a way. :)

Just get 5 more infractions mario and your 4 will dissapear. It's magic! :heh:

Oh I see what you did there.

Daniel E. 2011-12-14 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonQuigleone (Post 3902651)
So to get back to my question, is there any way to remove them from my account so I no longer have to look at them?

But that's the whole point. You have no idea how quickly people can forget the things they write, and eventhough their profiles says otherwise, we still have people saying stuff like "I have never done this before".

The infractions list is there to help you out. A constant reminder so that you may not forget and repeat past mistakes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by felix (Post 3902817)
There is actually a way. :)

Just get 5 more infractions mario and your 4 will dissapear. It's magic! :heh:

I was under the impression that each member could see their list in full. Are you saying that only the most recent are visible to you?

Konakaga 2011-12-14 20:56

You could just hide them instead by doing this....
long image

And it will default to not showing them when you visit the user cp.

Marcus H. 2011-12-14 21:23

^ That was a long image you got there.

Past infractions are a pain in the ass indeed, even those 0-point warnings, but I guess they are a good pain in the ass.

Konakaga 2011-12-14 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 3902995)
^ That was a long image you got there.

Meh blame my monitor resolution and I was hurrying so didn't make it less wide :p.

relentlessflame 2011-12-15 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel E. (Post 3902898)
I was under the impression that each member could see their list in full. Are you saying that only the most recent are visible to you?

I think it's in the User CP that you only see the most recent ones. I'm not sure if there's a way to see your own complete list of infractions...

TheFluff 2011-12-15 00:06

see them as old scars of battle and wear them with pride
(and at the same time, let them serve as a reminder to not get scarred the same way again)

ninja edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 3903179)
I think it's in the User CP that you only see the most recent ones. I'm not sure if there's a way to see your own complete list of infractions...

go to your own user profile -> click the infractions tab

man, I sure have a lot of infractions

relentlessflame 2011-12-15 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFluff (Post 3903182)
go to your own user profile -> click the infractions tab

Ah thanks -- that's what I was wondering, but I wasn't sure if everyone else could see that on their own profiles as well (as Admins/Mods we can see it). And also, of course that tab only appears if you've had one or more warnings/infractions.

Based on the fact that it's still accessible through the profile, I guess it wouldn't be so horrible if they gradually went away on the User CP... but not sure if it's worth modifying vBulletin to change that.

Dist 2011-12-15 01:21

Yes, yes it would. They annoy me too. Especially when a thread is linked to the infraction .. -_-

Well, didn't know there was an arrow to hide them.. At least I don't have to see them now when visiting UserCP but getting rid of them altogether would be better. They've expired so why not.

Also why do I have an yellow infraction that says '' Expires : never ''? It says Banned Content but frankly I have no idea what that infraction is even referring to. It's not worth of any points but still.

relentlessflame 2011-12-15 02:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dist (Post 3903280)
Also why do I have an yellow infraction that says '' Expires : never ''? It says Banned Content but frankly I have no idea what that infraction is even referring to. It's not worth of any points but still.

It's sort of a "quirk" I guess. That class of infraction (Banned Content) never expires, but you were given a warning which has no point value. So it's "0 points that never expire"... :heh:

This sort of infraction/warning usually has something to do with Section 1.1 of the Rules.

felix 2011-12-15 03:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel E. (Post 3902898)
I was under the impression that each member could see their list in full. Are you saying that only the most recent are visible to you?

It used to be you could, and it was paged, but at some point or another it just went down to the last 5. Of course that's just in the User CP. Like Fluff said you can see your list in your profile. (damn just noticed I'm missing 2008 D: NOOO!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 3903357)
It's sort of a "quirk" I guess. That class of infraction (Banned Content) never expires, but you were given a warning which has no point value. So it's "0 points that never expire"... :heh:

It would probably go away for him if you Reversed it.

relentlessflame 2011-12-15 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by felix (Post 3903417)
It would probably go away for him if you Reversed it.

Well, yes, but it was a legitimate warning so there's no need to reverse it. There's no practical impact other than it says "Never" instead of "Expired". It was worth zero points to begin with.

DonQuigleone 2011-12-15 18:30

@Konakaga: I know you can hide your infractions (I mentioned it in the OP), but you still know they're there if you click it again!

@TheFluff: I guess that's a healthy attitude :uhoh:

@Daniel E.: I understand the sentiment, but I'd still prefer them not to be there...

While I'm all for remembering past mistakes, at some point it gets a little absurd. Remembering mistakes from 3 or 4 years back is beginning to get there. After that length of time most people will have learnt the rules well enough to not make infractionable mistakes again, I would think.

Forsaken_Infinity 2011-12-16 06:08

My only infraction came from the Cross game signature and avatar campaign lol >_> (I still disagree with what was done given that people bunching up for something like that is right at heart with the idea of a community and something that should be encouraged instead imo) and I have a warning, related to signatures again. FML :<

felix 2011-12-16 06:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonQuigleone (Post 3904293)
While I'm all for remembering past mistakes, at some point it gets a little absurd. Remembering mistakes from 3 or 4 years back is beginning to get there. After that length of time most people will have learnt the rules well enough to not make infractionable mistakes again, I would think.

After (at most) 1 year honestly most of us don't even care, since by that time we can't even remember what most of them were for. :)

I believe the timer is more of a administrative thing rather then "remember your mistakes" kind of thing. As in, if you do this and that in the course of 1 or 3 years (depending on the infraction) you get banned. That's why I suggested earlier in Dist's case the thing could just be Reverted since it has little to no significance anymore.

Anyway the entire thing is way down bellow Subscribed Threads, Subscribed Forums, Subscribed Social Groups and even Subscribed Discussions. You guys are trying too hard to look at it. :heh:

ChainLegacy 2011-12-16 06:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel E. (Post 3902898)
But that's the whole point. You have no idea how quickly people can forget the things they write, and eventhough their profiles says otherwise, we still have people saying stuff like "I have never done this before".

The infractions list is there to help you out. A constant reminder so that you may not forget and repeat past mistakes.

I see, so AnimeSuki is a shame society. Makes sense, just like Japan. :p

Dist 2011-12-16 16:54

And anyway, that arrow in user CP seems to be bugged. I clicked on it yesterday, now came back to the computer and the Infraction panel was open again! I haven't even logged out because I'm always logged in.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:02.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.