AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Zero no Tsukaima (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Zero no Tsukaima FanFiction Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109545)

Kairin 2012-01-10 21:25

Zero no Tsukaima FanFiction Discussion
 
Welcome to the Zero no Tsukaima FanFiction Discussion thread.

This thread is meant for Zero no Tsukaima fanfiction and its discussion. Fanfiction works can be either posted in this thread or in the Fan Creations Forum and linked to in this thread. You may also link to Fanfiction works posted on other sites and discuss it here.

General rules of our forum still apply:
  • No sexually explicit material. Yes, this goes for text format as well.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members
  • Have fun, but post intelligently

Please respect the authors, fanfictions are written in their free time, they have have no gain and owe you nothing; if they like a particular character and/or a particular pattern for their story, it's a personal choice and can't be blamed. In general, you are free to post constructive criticisms but not insults which (as in any other part of the forums) won't be tolerated. Remember that writers post here to get help and not to get troubles.

Thanks and have fun :)

blitz1/2 2012-01-11 16:23

Any recommended ones?

Kaiba 2012-01-11 16:45

Well, I spent four hours researching and going over details for the idea that I mentioned in the crossover thread, and here's a preview/first chapter. It's technically not a ZnT fic yet, and it's actually the first fanfic I've ever written, but let's go:

Spoiler for Napoleon/ZnT crossover:

iealchemist 2012-01-11 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz1/2 (Post 3943407)
Any recommended ones?

Most of the good ones are crossovers. The best one I know of is Hill of Swords, which despite being accurate to characters and themes in both ZnT and F/S Night has great humor and writing style.

And it also has a well written ending, which is really rare in fanfiction i find.

CrowKenobi 2012-01-11 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz1/2 (Post 3943407)
Any recommended ones?

I haven't started Hill of Swords yet, but I'm currently reading Be Careful What You Wish For which has Louise summon Yuka Kazami from Touhou.

A good place to start is the ZnT fanfic recommend page on TVTropes. :)

novalysis 2012-01-12 06:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3943422)
Well, I spent four hours researching and going over details for the idea that I mentioned in the crossover thread, and here's a preview/first chapter. It's technically not a ZnT fic yet, and it's actually the first fanfic I've ever written, but let's go:

Spoiler for Napoleon/ZnT crossover:

That's a very promising start here.

As for ZnT fanfiction, the majority are as said, crossovers. It's really a testimony to the fact that many good writers regard Saito as a disappointing, mediocre character, or at least one horribly unsuited for someone with Louise's issues. Hence, the huge profusion of ZnT Crossovers.

There's one called Stupid Devil Dog though that features a less head bang worthy Saito though. However, that Saito is so different it might as well be an AU.

Rising Dragon 2013-02-22 22:44

Spoiler for Summons:

demino_hellsin 2013-02-27 00:20

Are there any fics out where Louise is her own familiar?

birdy1564 2013-02-27 01:33

yeah, there is one at fanfiction.net

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8301390/1/Zero-Flip

demino_hellsin 2013-03-30 03:41

An odd proposition of ZnT fanfiction plot is what I'm looking for.

"Lousie does not summon Saito. In fact, she doesn't summon anyone at all. She ends up branding herself with the runes of Gandlfr. Mage or familiar, where does her fate lie?"

anime fan99 2013-05-15 02:40

I'm surprised there is not more posts in this Thread this anime has many probability for crossover Lousie summoning any character from any series

demino_hellsin 2013-05-15 08:41

Sadly that idea is overdone and extremely basic. There is a fic dedicated entirely to Louise summoning random familiars.

anime fan99 2013-05-15 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by demino_hellsin (Post 4681665)
Sadly that idea is overdone and extremely basic. There is a fic dedicated entirely to Louise summoning random familiars.

I respect your opinion, but just because a idea is overdone That does not mean is stop being fun:D

Eratas123 2013-05-17 05:21

Because it would actually be pretty hard. Sure its fun, but not every fic can be a ROFLSTOMP where the chosen summon does something better than Saito: How does the summon change canon? Will events even start or not start? How about the politics? Will politics play into effect? Etc etc. Butterfly effect, in short terms. Changing just one thing can lead to things spiraling out of control.

anime fan99 2013-05-17 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eratas123 (Post 4683962)
Because it would actually be pretty hard. Sure its fun, but not every fic can be a ROFLSTOMP where the chosen summon does something better than Saito: How does the summon change canon? Will events even start or not start? How about the politics? Will politics play into effect? Etc etc. Butterfly effect, in short terms. Changing just one thing can lead to things spiraling out of control.

You mentioned all the reasons why reading this kind of stories is fun :p

demino_hellsin 2013-05-18 06:51

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6359442/...iliars-of-Zero

If this isn't yours then enjoy :heh:

anime fan99 2013-05-18 23:08

Any one interested to respond to challenges

M.A.D 2013-05-21 06:26

What challenges?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anime fan99 (Post 4681769)
I respect your opinion, but just because a idea is overdone That does not mean is stop being fun:D

Actually, a lot of ideas stop being fun because people overdo them.

In this case, the fact that there is an infinite possibility of Louise summoning familiars from all over place is the reason why people don't talk about them, simply because there's too many, and it takes a conversation just to list them all. And yet, there are too many to choose from and not all of them are good, being updated, or simply worth the time talking about, and picking the good ones out is also a different way of wasting time.

Of course, that doesn't mean the idea itself stopped being attractive. People are still doing it. In fact, I tried it myself. It's fun picking someone more competent than Saito from another series and have Louise summon them, but my fic is just one out of many, and it's generic to the point that people forget it quickly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by demino_hellsin (Post 4612261)
An odd proposition of ZnT fanfiction plot is what I'm looking for.

"Lousie does not summon Saito. In fact, she doesn't summon anyone at all. She ends up branding herself with the runes of Gandlfr. Mage or familiar, where does her fate lie?"


Are you interested in writing it yourself?

demino_hellsin 2013-05-21 07:20

I am very interested in working out the story. But I don't think my knowledge of the lore is enough to give the premise justice. Especially where Louise would lie: mage or familiar? Will her family disown her? Would she be expelled? Just a few of the problems I have to think of.

ninryu 2013-05-21 07:29

There's a really good fanfic I read in Space Battles about Rumia becoming Louise familiar: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...-rumia.226659/


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.