AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   K-On! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   K-ON!! (season 2) Licensed by Sentai Filmworks (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110479)

superslinger2007 2012-02-20 14:55

K-ON!! (season 2) Licensed by Sentai Filmworks

This just in: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...anime-season-2

Someone may want to build a separate thread or something.

TnAdct1 2012-02-20 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by superslinger2007 (Post 4016158)

Sentai, please correct the big mistake Bandai made and include the Ura-On! shorts with the release of season 2.

ultimatemegax 2012-02-20 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnAdct1 (Post 4016312)
Sentai, please correct the big mistake Bandai made and include the Ura-On! shorts with the release of season 2.

Bandai wasn't allowed to release the textless opening and endings. It would be logical that TBS wouldn't provide them the masters for those either. That's a licensing issue, not a release issue.

GMT 2012-02-20 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by superslinger2007 (Post 4016158)

Now that's just fantastic! Totally made my day to see this. Now the wait begins until we see how they handle dubbing things like the class play, and the tearjerker that is the end of episode 20.

Afternoon Tea 2012-02-20 21:39

This is Season 2 were talking about! This better be good! I have high expectations when it comes to Dubbing of K-ON!! I also hope licensing wont be lame, and really hope they actually put extra things inside the Blu-ray cases unlike the empty Bandai versions. btw is Sentai good at dubbing? What are some good and bad example of there dubbing work?

GMT 2012-02-20 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee (Post 4016658)
This is Season 2 were talking about! This better be good! I have high expectations when it comes to Dubbing of K-ON!! I also hope licensing wont be lame, and really hope they actually put extra things inside the Blu-ray cases unlike the empty Bandai versions. btw is Sentai good at dubbing? What are some good and bad example of there dubbing work?

Sentai is using Bang Zoom Entertainment to do the Season Two dub . . . so if you liked the Season One dub, you'll like the Season Two dub too.

Also, Sentai seems to have a reputation for somewhat spartan releases, although Sentai has been good about releasing Blu-Rays with lossless audio, so we could be really hopeful that dubbed Season Two will get good audio, especially since Sentai supposedly has a really good working relationship with TBS, being the successor company to ADV and Geneon and all.

Master_Yoma 2012-02-20 23:16

Hazaa finely some one picked this up just to bad it wasnt Bandai

TnAdct1 2012-03-14 15:50

A quick update: the first half of K-On!! is slated for a June 19th release date, with it up for pre-order at RightStuf.

DVD
Blu-Ray

GMT 2012-06-05 06:59

Don't know about you guys, but my pre-order shipped yesterday from RightStuf. The Postal Service alleges that it'll show up tomorrow. Reviews will be forthcoming.

Vexx 2012-06-06 20:11

ARgh!!!! Off to the Order Cave, Robin!!!

edit: ordered....

Afternoon Tea 2012-06-16 18:44

Does anyone have a list of the voice acting cast of the english dub? I know its the same form Bandai, but I just want to make sure Nodaka is Laura Bailey, she rocks! The character I always use in Soul Calibur V Pyrrha, sounded very familiar..

GMT 2012-06-16 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee (Post 4210054)
Does anyone have a list of the voice acting cast of the english dub? I know its the same form Bandai, but I just want to make sure Nodaka is Laura Bailey, she rocks! The character I always use in Soul Calibur V Pyrrha, sounded very familiar..

Yes. Sentai Filmworks used Bang Zoom Entertainment to dub the second season of K-ON!! BZE used the same exact same cast as they did last time around . . . so Laura Bailey is still Offdensen Nodoka, and hers is still one of the strongest performances of the whole dub. Although I will say that the overall quality of the dub seems improved this time around, since there's none of the character-finding/settling in to the role that seemed to be going on for the first few episodes of the first season. I had a far, far, easier time accepting the dub cast as the English voices of the characters. Well, except for Karen Straussman's Sawako, which is the weak spot on an otherwise solid dub.

Goggen 2012-06-23 10:25

My review of the Blu-Ray release. I've also compared it to the Japanese BDs.

Afternoon Tea 2012-06-23 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goggen (Post 4220607)
My review of the Blu-Ray release. I've also compared it to the Japanese BDs.

good review, you know if stores like BestBuy would care this gem? I want to pick this up in-store.

Goggen 2012-06-25 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee (Post 4220624)
good review, you if stores like BestBuy would care this gem? I want to pick this up in-store.

Well I'm European so I don't have immediate access to those stores, but when I went to California back in November, every BestBuy I went to had the season 1 DVD volumes but none of the Blu-Rays. Don't know if I was just unlucky or what.

teh_nubkilr 2012-06-25 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goggen (Post 4223640)
Well I'm European so I don't have immediate access to those stores, but when I went to California back in November, every BestBuy I went to had the season 1 DVD volumes but none of the Blu-Rays. Don't know if I was just unlucky or what.

At least they had the DVDs; in Canadian Futureshop and BestBuy, they don't even have the season 1 DVDs.

Goggen 2012-06-25 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by teh_nubkilr (Post 4223645)
At least they had the DVDs; in Canadian Futureshop and BestBuy, they don't even have the season 1 DVDs.

I'm not surprised... Guess online stores really are the best option for anime.

Vexx 2012-06-25 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee (Post 4220624)
good review, you if stores like BestBuy would care this gem? I want to pick this up in-store.

Seriously, I don't depend on *any* United States brick'n'mortar store to carry anything but the "top 10 best sellers we've already decided what they are" in video or audio any more. They pretty much are committing suicide in that regard because I've stopped even bothering to look before heading to -

rightstuf.com, amazon.com, ...

Afternoon Tea 2012-06-25 10:16

oh gosh darn it! Well thank you for the advice http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4831/iconwinkp.gif

Ultima_Rasengan05 2012-06-26 05:15

Yup, don't expect Best Buy retail stores to carry any new recent anime shows, especially on blu-ray anymore. Well, with the exception of some stores that still carry updated anime releases on their shelves. There is one Best Buy store, out of the two thats located here, that still updates their anime library. I was surprised to even see that they had the recent Blu-ray releases as well. But your best bet would be amazon. I started to buy from amazon almost a year ago after places like Sam Goody and Borders were closing down. I like their prices for their animes, especially for the blu-rays. Plus free shipping with purchases of $25 and up! hahaha steals!